Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Days Are You Closed in The Summer?
CountryRoads 07:16 AM 05-22-2019
I'm about to hand out my summer schedule and am curious as to how many closures everyone else has?
storybookending 07:47 AM 05-22-2019
5 days this summer June-August. I had 7 days off at the end of March for a vacation so nothing major planned for the summer. Just the 4th and the 5th of July since the 4th is a Thursday. Then 3 days in August. A random Monday and a Monday/Tuesday combo for my birthday which I take as a paid holiday. I’m fortunate this year that all of my parents have easy back up since two will be on maternity leave and the others have older siblings at home with teenage babysitters that don’t mind taking the littles here or there. Not that I would worry about taking off if they didn’t. Just makes it extra easy for everyone. I could probably take off every Monday in August and no one would notice hah.
BumbleBee 07:50 AM 05-22-2019
5 days. July 1st-5th.

7 if you count memorial day and labor day.
Valerie928 08:13 AM 05-22-2019
I am closed 10 days during the summer and I took the week of Christmas off. Very happy I took a bit more time this year.
Jupadia 08:26 AM 05-22-2019
This summer I'm taking 5 days vaction (going camping for the week), no charge.
As well as Canada day (July 1) which is a Monday so it will make a long weekend. Sometimes I will take the in between days off to make it a weekend. Labour day the first Monday in September (weekend before school start). I charge for both of these cause they are stat holidays. Ad well though not a stat day I take the first Monday in August off (Civic day) and do charge.
And if you want to count it I'm taking the first day of school off as a vacation day no charge. my youngest starts jr. Kindergarten and oldest goes to grade 1.

Eta: 9 days total
CountryRoads 08:35 AM 05-22-2019
Thanks!

I'm taking 8 days and didn't know if it was "too" many. I felt like it wasn't, but I always tend to feel guilty and second guess myself.

Only 2 of the days are to spend with my own kids. The summers go by so fast, I'm jealous of the providers that take them off!
storybookending 08:40 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I'm jealous of the providers that take them off!
This is my goal. I wanted to slowly replace with teachers kids as my currents age out but my current dcms keep getting pregnant hahaha. As of September 2/6 slots will be teachers kids. But those slots belong to my SIL who pretty much works all summer so I don’t think it counts I could be at 3/6 but I really did not get a good vibe from that mom and passed on them. I won’t sacrifice my sanity September-May for summers off.
Tags:days off, paid vacations, summer - closed, summer vacation, unpaid vacation
Reply Up