Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination of Care
dani120702 04:15 PM 08-28-2017
I recently provided a 4 week termination letter for a daycare child and the parent is terminating in 3 days. I reminded them that they would be financially responsible per my contract for a two week notice. Of course this didn't go over well and I was accused of just being in it for the money. Am I right to ask for the 2 week notice?

My contract states: Once you have entered into a permanent contract you are required to provide me with a two week notice prior to terminating care. All fees will still be due during the two week notice and will be required to be paid upfront.
sharlan 04:19 PM 08-28-2017
Yes, you are within your contract.
dani120702 04:40 PM 08-28-2017
Thank you. It really bothered me when I was told that considering all that I do for any child in my care.
Unregistered 04:53 PM 08-28-2017
When parents accuse me of being in it just for the money I tell them "I sure am". I then ask them if they would do their job if there was no paycheque involved. I think not!!!
Leigh 05:37 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
When parents accuse me of being in it just for the money I tell them "I sure am". I then ask them if they would do their job if there was no paycheque involved. I think not!!!
Exactly this! I'd come right back with "So you do your job for NO MONEY?!?!, I wish I could afford that, but this is the way I feed my family, and I count on those spaces being filled, which is why I REQUIRE 2 weeks' notice".
Ariana 05:59 PM 08-28-2017
Next time get the two weeks upfront. I take a two week deposit which is applied to the last two weeks of care. Saves me financially from jerks like this!
daycare 06:04 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Next time get the two weeks upfront. I take a two week deposit which is applied to the last two weeks of care. Saves me financially from jerks like this!
This.....after the two week paid trial is over, (assuming you have one) I require a two week deposit to be paid up front. I have had to break it down for some parents, letting them make 2 or 3 payments. This money is held until they day they leave. If they leave before their term notice I keep it. Otherwise I refund it to them on their exit date.
Reply Up