Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>News Letters And Policy Reminders
familyschoolcare 07:45 PM 09-08-2011
For those of you that put policy reminders in your newsletter, Do you quote the contract summarize and/or explain?
Crazy8 07:58 PM 09-08-2011
I summarize and give a little more details, etc. My contract is all business and to the point - I don't get into examples, etc. but when "reminding" families in my newsletter I may use examples and may explain a little more of why the rule is in place. I think I "talk" more down to earth in my newsletter than in my contract if that makes sense.
TBird 09:24 PM 09-08-2011
I also have a little permanent feature in my newsletter...it's called SPOTLIGHT ON POLICY. It has "stage" spotlights in the corner that shine their light on the title. It's a cute, informal way of highlighting a policy that maybe parents have forgotten about but that I'd like to let them know is still alive & well. I pull a pertinent early development story about the policy, give an "expert" opinion on it, and wrap up with what the outcome will be. All in a nice, newsletter-y type way.

My last "spotlight" was on toys from home. This way they get a friendly little reminder and a clue that I plan to call them on it in the very near future!
PitterPatter 11:58 PM 09-08-2011
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
For those of you that put policy reminders in your newsletter, Do you quote the contract summarize and/or explain?
If it is simple enough to quote I do that so they can see for themselves word for word in the handbook. If it's a longer policy like the illness policy I just summarize.
Crazy8 04:30 AM 09-09-2011
Originally Posted by TBird:
I also have a little permanent feature in my newsletter...it's called SPOTLIGHT ON POLICY. It has "stage" spotlights in the corner that shine their light on the title. It's a cute, informal way of highlighting a policy that maybe parents have forgotten about but that I'd like to let them know is still alive & well. I pull a pertinent early development story about the policy, give an "expert" opinion on it, and wrap up with what the outcome will be. All in a nice, newsletter-y type way.

My last "spotlight" was on toys from home. This way they get a friendly little reminder and a clue that I plan to call them on it in the very near future!
LOL, I always add that one before the holidays because everyone always wants to bring in their new toys!!!!!

Funny you do the spotlights thing - I used to do an "In the Spotlight" on a child each month and used the lights/stage thing, LOL!
familyschoolcare 08:09 AM 09-09-2011
Originally Posted by TBird:
I also have a little permanent feature in my newsletter...it's called SPOTLIGHT ON POLICY. It has "stage" spotlights in the corner that shine their light on the title. I
I like that tile I think I will use it. It sound lighter and more fun than policy reminder and this month will be the first time I am adding this to the news letter/schedule do plan on doing it every month even if nothing has come up. This month I need to remind parent that I offer food I do not force their children to eat.
TBird 10:39 AM 09-09-2011
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
I like that tile I think I will use it. It sound lighter and more fun than policy reminder and this month will be the first time I am adding this to the news letter/schedule do plan on doing it every month even if nothing has come up. This month I need to remind parent that I offer food I do not force their children to eat.
I forgot the tag-line underneath the lights...it says "Where We Shine The Light On Lost Policy"

LittleDiamonds: Ah the toys...here are the last few lines I obtained for my Spotlight on the toys....

"One of our main goals as a daycare is to ease the transition from home to daycare, from parent to provider. On the other hand, a lost or broken toy is distressing for the child. Hunting for a missing toy is time consuming. Hunting for 10 missing toys…please consider it a donation!"

Tags:newsletter, policy - reminder
Reply Up