Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Michael, Book Review/Club Section?
dEHmom 07:43 AM 05-09-2012
I've noticed by going backwards through some sections and threads, that there are a lot of great book reviews, suggestions and discussions on here. Some are just randomly dropped into a thread relating to the topics, and some are actual threads started for a book in particular.

I am wondering if anyone else thinks that a section specifically for books would be appealing to anyone on here? There are a few books I just read about in the threads, some were my own suggestions some were others, but it's nice to see the discussions about them.
My3cents 10:17 AM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
I've noticed by going backwards through some sections and threads, that there are a lot of great book reviews, suggestions and discussions on here. Some are just randomly dropped into a thread relating to the topics, and some are actual threads started for a book in particular.

I am wondering if anyone else thinks that a section specifically for books would be appealing to anyone on here? There are a few books I just read about in the threads, some were my own suggestions some were others, but it's nice to see the discussions about them.
I would like this- Adult, kids or schooling or all books? I like the idea of an all books sticky.
I am looking for a light reading book for the summer- nothing heavy and easy reading. For myself. I tend to like true stories
dEHmom 10:49 AM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
I would like this- Adult, kids or schooling or all books? I like the idea of an all books sticky.
I am looking for a light reading book for the summer- nothing heavy and easy reading. For myself. I tend to like true stories
there is a book i've mentioned a few times. true story, short book. very good.

I believe it was Ghost Girl by Torey Hayden or something like that.
momofsix 11:22 AM 05-09-2012
Love this idea!
Christian Mother 01:08 PM 05-09-2012
Ohhh yes!! I would love that!!
Michael 01:12 PM 05-09-2012
OK, I've been thinking about removing the Products catgorey. This may be a good one to replace it.
Blackcat31 03:01 PM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
OK, I've been thinking about removing the Products catgorey. This may be a good one to replace it.
Oh thank goodness....I am tired of repeatedly approving those posts .....LOL!!

I'd much rather have a book section.
Bookworm 04:23 PM 05-09-2012
Sounds good to me.
My3cents 06:46 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
there is a book i've mentioned a few times. true story, short book. very good.

I believe it was Ghost Girl by Torey Hayden or something like that.
Thank you- I will give this one a try. I know I asked a while back, and then I got busy and never looked or went forward with finding a book. My heart is there, my motivation- it needs a push. I did write the name down and will try to find this.
My3cents 06:50 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
I don't see this category- Is it a sticky?
Fruitloops1 06:52 AM 05-10-2012
Great idea
dEHmom 06:54 AM 05-10-2012
Thank you- I will give this one a try. I know I asked a while back, and then I got busy and never looked or went forward with finding a book. My heart is there, my motivation- it needs a push. I did write the name down and will try to find this.
I started taking my kids to the library again (now that they are older and can find books on their own). I find I have no time during the day to read, but somehow, I seem to be reading alot!

For my birthday I got a sony e-reader the newest one. It's pretty cool! I can do facebook and everything on it! hahaha. But right now I'm big into the self-help books (I go through phases with genre's or whatever you would call them).

If I am going to read a novel, I am very much like you, I prefer true stories, true crime, etc. I've read some freaky books!

Two that I remember most are House of Secrets (Eddie Lee Sexton book) and Lethal Marriage (Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka book)
Blackcat31 07:10 AM 05-10-2012
I don't see this category- Is it a sticky?
It is a whole area of the forum. You can find it here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php at the bottom.
Michael 09:20 AM 05-10-2012
The Book Club is up. Let me know if it needs anything else: https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12
dEHmom 09:29 AM 05-10-2012
thanks Michael!
My3cents 09:35 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
It is a whole area of the forum. You can find it here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php at the bottom.
I must have missed it. I usually come into the general forum and I forget about all the others--- just the way I have it bookmarked.

Michael did you take it down or did I not see it?
Michael 09:53 AM 05-10-2012
I must have missed it. I usually come into the general forum and I forget about all the others--- just the way I have it bookmarked.

Michael did you take it down or did I not see it?
It should be up. Maybe I have it set for members only. Let me change that. (update) I just checked and it is public. Maybe your browser is holding on to the old cache. Try clearing it. I DID remove the Products section.
Reply Up