Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Des Moines, Iowa Daycare Provider Caught Abusing Infants
Miss A 12:24 PM 12-10-2015
I saw this on the local news last evening, and being an in home daycare provider myself, the video made me feel horrible. Here is the link: http://www.kcci.com/news/day-care-pr...abuse/36856548

My first thought was how can a human being choose to treat a child entrusted to their care treat a helpless child that way? Then, I realized that this was not the work of a caring individual, but a monster. Thank God no child is suffering from long term medical trauma, but the poor families who now lack trust in any and all Childcare programs will be the ones who suffer most. If this had been my child in this situation, I don't think I could ever leave them in care again.
Silly Songs 01:37 PM 12-10-2015
Her husband set up the camera ? Wow, he must have suspected something. I wonder if she was ever on here, posting or looking for advice.
Michael 01:38 PM 12-10-2015
She got 5 years in prison. Hopefully those children do not sustain any long term negative psychological effects.
Blackcat31 01:59 PM 12-10-2015
Heartbreaking.
Josiegirl 02:11 PM 12-10-2015
So so sad and terrifying. For the kids and families AND for other families that have their children in daycares, wondering now what's going on with their own kids when they can't be with them.
How do we, as providers ourselves, ensure our dcfs that their children are safe and well cared for?
midaycare 02:18 PM 12-10-2015
I couldn't watch past the first few seconds.
Tags:article, child abuse
Reply Up