Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Miss Doing?
Valerie928 01:10 PM 04-23-2020
I think it's safe to assume that we are all quarantined at home for like 99% of the time. What do you miss doing most?

I miss seeing my elderly father. He is doing great but because of the social distancing I haven't seen him since mid March.

I miss date nights with my hubs.

I miss shopping in an actual clothing store. Online is all wrong sometimes.

What do you miss?
AmyKidsCo 01:17 PM 04-23-2020
Being there for my parents. My mom was in the ER last weekend, then admitted overnight. The ER allowed my dad with her, but no-one else. I understand, but he was a mess and could've used emotional support.
Blackcat31 01:44 PM 04-23-2020
My husband and I have lunch at the same restaurant every Sunday. I miss going there and I miss the staff....they are like "friends" we meet up with every week.
nannyde 02:09 PM 04-23-2020
Full pound of potatoes olés from the Taco Johns.

Snowmom 02:46 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Full pound of potatoes olés from the Taco Johns.
There was a car line nearly a mile long at our neighborhood Taco John's last night. It's safe to assume potato olés are essential!
Josiegirl 04:26 PM 04-23-2020
Going to the library.

Being able to give and get hugs
One a.m. I get a text from one of my former dcms, she says 'don't be worried if you see us at your mailbox on our way to dc'. So keeping watch for them I ran out the front door when I saw her dds. We wanted to share hugs so much. It almost made me cry when the little 3 yo wrapped her arms around herself, instead of giving me a hug.
Yeh, being hugless really $ucks.

Just being able to go wherever whenever without trying to figure out the best time, if they're even open, don't forget a mask, yada yada yada.
Josiegirl 03:54 AM 04-26-2020
Looks like I'll be missing yard sales this summer; it's one of the few things I enjoy that makes me happy on weekends.
Cat Herder 05:28 AM 04-26-2020
I miss seeing my kids. I have not seen them since the first week of March.
Annalee 06:10 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I miss seeing my kids. I have not seen them since the first week of March.
I understand that. My nephews came around for the first time last weekend. Before everyone started working from home, they had some employees within their building be diagnosed so they stayed away many weeks as my niece had just had her baby and they were afraid to be around her. That part is hard!
Cat Herder 05:29 AM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I understand that. My nephews came around for the first time last weekend. Before everyone started working from home, they had some employees within their building be diagnosed so they stayed away many weeks as my niece had just had her baby and they were afraid to be around her. That part is hard!
We are all essential workers serving different groups so we are nervous to raise our odds exponentially by getting together just yet. One is running a restaurant (curbside, only), another a bakery (back ovens, so no customer service), and one serving in the military (on a ship).

I am the one most likely to get everyone sick since I can't guarantee what my clients are doing. My tiny town has had 176 cases and 3 deaths, now, and most businesses open back up today.
bklsmum 02:37 PM 04-28-2020
Family dinner on Sundays and pedicures!
rosieteddy 11:37 AM 08-18-2020
Everything ,having my kids altogether for dinner. I missed two family vacations for the first time ever. I haven't seen my sister since Christmas last year. Most of all I miss getting to hug my Granddaughter she will be two in Sept. the other 2 grandchildren were in my DC so I got to really know them. This little one not so much. I guess this is why I wrote a book lol.
Tags:coronavirus - social changes, covid-19, quarantine
Reply Up