Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Issue's with B&A DCB and DCM
mrsp'slilpeeps 10:26 AM 05-13-2011
I have a 7yr old DCB who goes to school with my kids and lately my daughter says that he is pushing her at school and on the bus. so me and my daughter brought this up to DCM and she called my daughter a liar and dcb would never do that, doesnt sound like something he would do, all the while dcb is hiding behind dcm crying. My daughter was so upset for being called a liar and felt horrible. What would you do? I told her to make other arangements for childcare.
sharlan 11:35 AM 05-13-2011
I would have done the same thing.

I would also notify the teacher/bus driver/school about possible escalation in the pushing and shoving dept.
laundrymom 11:45 AM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by awpotter:
I have a 7yr old DCB who goes to school with my kids and lately my daughter says that he is pushing her at school and on the bus. so me and my daughter brought this up to DCM and she called my daughter a liar and dcb would never do that, doesnt sound like something he would do, all the while dcb is hiding behind dcm crying. My daughter was so upset for being called a liar and felt horrible. What would you do? I told her to make other arangements for childcare.
I would completely tell her to find alternative care, and I would also call the school, have them pull the bus video and have them
speak to the boy about bus behavior at school
Meeko 11:49 AM 05-13-2011
I would never stand for someone to call my daughter a liar in her own home. I would have termed too.
ChaserT27 11:50 AM 05-13-2011
Absolutely right with you! And the others, the bus driver should be aware of this behavior. My girls fight (oh goodness do they ever!!) and it has happened on the bus. The driver notified me immediately. The girls were spoken to in regards to proper behavior etc. Luckily no issues lately.
Even if it is out of his "norm" how dare she just assume your daughter is lying

I could not go about my business with her either!!
countrymom 11:55 AM 05-13-2011
we had an issue the other day on the school bus, I called the school and complained and the situation was taken care off. The mother than posts on face book what an inconvience it is for her that her kid got suspended from the bus (the 5th one this year) I guess she should teach her son not to hit my ds with a lunch pail over and over again, while my dd was yelling at him to stop.
PitterPatter 12:03 PM 05-13-2011
Thank God we are walkers.

Seriously tho good call!! I have made mistakes in not standing up for my son before so good for u taking that stand and termming!
wdmmom 12:13 PM 05-13-2011
Teachers supervise the bus lines here and all buses have camera's on them. My children came home earlier in the year with issues. I talked to the transportation supervisor as well as my daughter's teacher. From that point on, everyone had assigned seating and there hasn't been an issue since.

You did the right thing. I, too would have terminated care. If parents don't have the respect to mind their P's and Q's and would rather act like children, they don't belong here.

Good job for having a STRONG backbone!
mrsp'slilpeeps 12:14 PM 05-13-2011
Funny, she just called me and said he will no longer be coming to dc because of the way he was treated and she cant do my hours either (always late) and she has issues with my kids. um did i miss something when i told her to find other care last night? Maybe she was hoping i would call her when he didnt show up this morning, who knows! What a dunce. I know my own kids are not perfect, but really?
jen 12:18 PM 05-13-2011
LOL! What a freakin' dork! Not to hard to see where her kid gets it from...
Live and Learn 12:43 PM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
I would never stand for someone to call my daughter a liar in her own home. I would have termed too.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Tell your daughter she did the right thing by telling you about it and make sure the school principle, teacher and bus driver know to be on the lookout for this little guy.
Live and Learn 12:45 PM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
we had an issue the other day on the school bus, I called the school and complained and the situation was taken care off. The mother than posts on face book what an inconvience it is for her that her kid got suspended from the bus (the 5th one this year) I guess she should teach her son not to hit my ds with a lunch pail over and over again, while my dd was yelling at him to stop.
You are a good Momma!
Kaddidle Care 03:50 PM 05-13-2011
It's still not going to help with the pushing on the bus and in school. If it happens again you have no choice other than to tell the bus driver and teacher.

That DKM is one of those "Not my son, he's an angel" Moms. He'll get his when he gets to Middle School.
Unregistered 03:56 PM 05-13-2011
Don't let it happen again.

Talk to school.

Give her a plan of how to address the situation.

Help her find the adults who can help her if it starts so that it stops.
sharlan 04:05 PM 05-13-2011
Geeeeeeeeeee, did you forget to call her last night and tell her sorry, that it was all a mistake, and your child made up the whole thing? Did you forget to beg her to bring the little angel this morning?

(TOTAL SARCASM, here)

I've dealt with a few parents like this. One was a social worker for CPS and I swear her angel was psychotic and was VERY happy to see her leave.
Mike Lassiter 04:40 PM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
It's still not going to help with the pushing on the bus and in school. If it happens again you have no choice other than to tell the bus driver and teacher.

That DKM is one of those "Not my son, he's an angel" Moms. He'll get his when he gets to Middle School.
That's exactly what has gone through my mind from the beginning of this. I guess you did better than I could have. I might have wanted to choke both of them. Call your child a liar to your face with no proof other than because she said so?
That's pretty arrogant of someone to do. She must be pretty comfortable that someone isn't going to kick her a$$ or to stupid to have considered it might happen.
I believe I would press the issue with school officials to see if there is video proof of incident. Think how the heffier will act if her little angel gets kicked off the bus for awhile!
Tags:bully, fighting
Reply Up