Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Book Recommendations?
cheerfuldom 08:56 PM 03-17-2012
Anybody have any book recommendations? parenting, teaching, daycare, preschool, etc? What are your favorites?
Michael 01:09 AM 03-18-2012
Some here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...+for+providers
SunshineMama 04:23 AM 03-19-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Anybody have any book recommendations? parenting, teaching, daycare, preschool, etc? What are your favorites?
Brain Rules for Baby, by John Medina... It has a lot of great info concerning how young children birth -5years learn, and some things you can do to help. It is scientifically based, and the research is pretty good.
SilverSabre25 05:14 AM 03-19-2012
Playful Parenting by Lawrence Cohen

Anything by Alfie Kohn and especially this article by him.

The series of "Your X Year Old" books by Louise Bates-Ames

The Wonder Weeks by Hetty van de Rijt
Ariana 09:23 AM 03-19-2012
Love Alfie Kohn and also "the wonder weeks". I've heard good things about 1-2-3 magic but I haven't read it. I do use some of te techniques though.

The "I feel" series of books. Deals with any and all emotions on a level kids understand. "When Sophie gets angry" another great book.
Lianne 09:39 AM 03-19-2012
I really like Barbara Colloroso's Kids Are Worth It. She's down to earth, practical and big on natural consequences. Other than that book, I make it a point not to read parenting type books unless it's to laugh and mock it
Ariana 10:49 AM 03-19-2012
Originally Posted by Lianne:
I really like Barbara Colloroso's Kids Are Worth It. She's down to earth, practical and big on natural consequences....
This too
daycare 11:01 AM 03-19-2012
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Love Alfie Kohn and also "the wonder weeks". I've heard good things about 1-2-3 magic but I haven't read it. I do use some of te techniques though.

The "I feel" series of books. Deals with any and all emotions on a level kids understand. "When Sophie gets angry" another great book.
thanks for posting about 1-2-3 magic... I have a parent that could really use it. I forgot all about that program
Tags:book - for providers, book suggestions
Reply Up