Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Subsidized Care
Oneluckymom 10:26 AM 04-18-2013
I have a question as to how it works in California. What is the process? Do they bring all the paperwork to me? Or do I print all the forms and give them to the parent? Where does the parent get the forms if they are looking for subsidized care?

I ask because I just had a message from a parent who asked if I am a "government funded daycare"? I'm assuming they are looking for subsidized care...am I wrong? I have never provided subsidized care so I have no clue how it works to take a child on subsidy.
Oneluckymom 11:42 AM 04-18-2013
Bumping up....any takers?
Blackcat31 11:45 AM 04-18-2013
I am FAR from Cali but I did find this. Maybe it will help
http://www.ccrcla.org/financial-assi...n-cde-programs
Oneluckymom 12:12 PM 04-18-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am FAR from Cali but I did find this. Maybe it will help
http://www.ccrcla.org/financial-assi...n-cde-programs
rhanks blackcat...this helped.
Michelle 12:19 PM 04-18-2013
in !3 years of dealing with state pay including foster care,gain,etc. ...
The parent usually brings papers for you to fill out..
If there is a place where you are required to put your social sec. # and drivers license number... turn it in for them!
In fact turn in the papers anyways because you never know if they really turned in everything and you might get stuck with no pay..
Oneluckymom 12:22 PM 04-18-2013
Originally Posted by Michelle:
in !3 years of dealing with state pay including foster care,gain,etc. ...
The parent usually brings papers for you to fill out..
If there is a place where you are required to put your social sec. # and drivers license number... turn it in for them!
In fact turn in the papers anyways because you never know if they really turned in everything and you might get stuck with no pay..
Oh thanks!! This is useful info !
Cradle2crayons 01:54 PM 04-18-2013
I have a voucher family and she brought the paperwork to me to fill out. It was just one box asking my name and address and signature. That was it.
Little Star75 03:55 PM 04-18-2013
Where in California are you located? FYI there are various subsidizes programs out there depending on the county you are in. You can pm and will give you all the info. I currently have a parent who is in one program and another on CalWorks....
mom2many 04:59 PM 04-18-2013
I am also in CA and have dealt with several state subsidy programs. You can pm me too if you need any more questions answered.

My biggest advisement is to verify the parent is currently eligible and qualifies for the particular program. I always talk to their case worker prior to watching any child. They will have paperwork for you to fill out.
MarinaVanessa 07:21 PM 04-19-2013
I'm in CA too and in my area it works completely different than what was described earlier so I have to assume that it works differently depending on the program.

For example in my area our local Resource and referral agency handles subsidy care (closest to us). Parents can apply directly through them by picking up an application on person or can be referred through Cal-works etc. Once they determine that a client is eligible they are put on a waiting list determined on a point system (the needier you are, the more points you get and the higher on the list you are). When your name gets called you have to find a daycare that accepts subsidy. Once you find one and if they are already contracted with the agency all you do is tell your case worker the name of your provider. The provider gets a notice of action or notice of communication letting them know that they are approved and a start date. A provider can also call to confirm this via phone if they don't want to wait for the notice.

If the provider is not already contracted then the provider will be assigned a case worker and they will call and make an appointment to have the provider go in and sign a contract with them. The
Provider gives them a blank copy of a contract and a policy handbook. Once the contract is signed the provider waits to get a notice of communication or notice of action saying that the parent has been approved and when they can start. Papers are never transferred between parent and provider. Each has their own contract to sign which they each turn in individually to their own caseworker at their own appointment.

Once the provider has authorization the clients sign in sheet can be printed online and the parent must sign the child in and out each day. At theend of the month the parent and the provider sign the sign in sheet and you get paid two months later.
Tags:subsidy
Reply Up