Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCB Nervous About New Sibling?
Unregistered 08:41 AM 07-19-2016
I have a dcb, age 3, who is expecting a baby brother any day now. He has started acting out. Fully potty trained and today had 2 accidents. He's been potty trained with no accidents for 6 months. He also ripped one of my books and is a little aggressive. Unusual for him.

Normal for being nervous about a new sibling maybe?
KiwiKids 08:58 AM 07-19-2016
I would consider it normal. Especially the potty training regression. In my experience some extra hugs and reassuring words go a long way. It usually resolves quickly after the new sibling arrives and then I've also seen a brief repeat of that behavior when that new sibling starts daycare with the older sibling.
Unregistered 10:06 AM 07-19-2016
Originally Posted by KiwiKids:
I would consider it normal. Especially the potty training regression. In my experience some extra hugs and reassuring words go a long way. It usually resolves quickly after the new sibling arrives and then I've also seen a brief repeat of that behavior when that new sibling starts daycare with the older sibling.
Thanks! I was thinking it was probably the issue, but this is my first sibling I've had to deal with. Everyone else is and has been a singleton!

I think most families around here space their kids out just right, so they are not paying for 2 daycare spots
JackandJill 10:21 AM 07-19-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I think most families around here space their kids out just right, so they are not paying for 2 daycare spots
I wish I had been that organized!!
Tags:siblings
Reply Up