Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Age Groups
mbullette 06:19 PM 08-09-2012
I am wondering what age groups you normally take? Do you take full time, part time, drop in care or prefer one over the other?
DaisyMamma 04:47 AM 08-10-2012
I take any age. I prefer full time babies, but I'm only allowed 2 under age 2.
Blackcat31 12:15 PM 08-10-2012
I take kids Kindy age and under. I ONLY take infants (under 12 months) if they are a sibling to a child I already have enrolled. Once they are done with Kindy I no longer take them.

I accept mostly full time but will consider part time IF I have the space and with the thought process that if a full time family comes along, I will offer the part time family the option of going full time but if they decline I will take the interested full time family.

For me this is way more business than family so full time pay ALWAYS trumps part time. I don't mean that harshly...it just is the way it is.
daycare 12:24 PM 08-10-2012
20month to 5 years old not enrolled in school

full time preferred, but will take pt if it is on these days only

Monday-Wed-fri
or
Tue-thursday

No drop in, unless you are enrolled pt and need it every once in awhile.
spud912 02:45 PM 08-10-2012
Full time, preferably aged 2-5 years old. I have made exceptions though that worked out just fine .
Lucy 06:39 PM 08-10-2012
I wish beyond belief that I could be so picky as to specialize in an age. I have done this 18 years, and have always had to take all ages, and almost all schedules. Basically, I take what I can get. I'm in a small-ish town with lots of other Providers.
MN Day Mom 07:51 PM 08-10-2012
I take all ages.... rarely will I accept part time. I'll consider part time at a full time rate, but not always as part time messes with our day too much, so it depends on the days and times they need. I go through phases of not taking infants and try to leave my infant slots open for current families.
Reply Up