Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is Spitting Up After 12 months Old Normal?
MomBoss 08:26 AM 12-11-2017
I have a 17 month old who twice now in a week has spit up to the point where its the same amount as vomit but it looks mostly like saliva and chunks of white. Is it normal for a toddler to spit up like this? It was all over him and he needed to change clothes. Im tired of my house smelling like acidic vomit. Idk if this would be considered vomit and need to send home? Does anyone send home for this?
amberrose3dg 08:35 AM 12-11-2017
I would send home over that. It doesn't sound like "spit up". Eek sounds like a mess to clean up.
Pestle 08:42 AM 12-11-2017
Is he still bottle feeding?

How much in one go?

How soon before he's vomiting/spitting up has he had his last bottle?

Is it coming out forcefully or is it a little "blurp" and a dribble?

I've got one who's still mostly bottle fed at 13 months and she keeps leaving big splats of formula curds on my floor.
MomBoss 08:58 AM 12-11-2017
No bottle, no bottles at daycare after 12 months but he may still get one at home. It sounds more like a cough and then it comes out. It drenched his shirt and pants. It could be acid reflux/Gerd but im trying to figure out if thats a reason to send home since it affects the health of others by getting on the floor and it requires me to deep clean the area, resulting in time away from our schedule.
LysesKids 09:50 AM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
I have a 17 month old who twice now in a week has spit up to the point where its the same amount as vomit but it looks mostly like saliva and chunks of white. Is it normal for a toddler to spit up like this? It was all over him and he needed to change clothes. Im tired of my house smelling like acidic vomit. Idk if this would be considered vomit and need to send home? Does anyone send home for this?
I had a dcg that did that and when she went to the DR after being sent home numerous times - they tested for food allergies (there was over 25 )... turns out it also caused her breathing issues and intestinal issues (the "throw up" was from excessive mucus hitting her stomach from dairy products)...
AmyKidsCo 10:12 AM 12-11-2017
Is it all the time or only after something specific? Our 19 yr old couldn't tolerate any kind of ice cream and would spit up after eating it until he was 15/16 months old. He was OK with everything else.
MomBoss 10:24 AM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Is it all the time or only after something specific? Our 19 yr old couldn't tolerate any kind of ice cream and would spit up after eating it until he was 15/16 months old. He was OK with everything else.
The first time it happened was last week. Then it happened again today. So its only happened twice. It was about 30min after eating a bagel.
284878 12:37 PM 12-11-2017
This sounds like my thread from a few weeks back. Check it out.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87688
Tags:spitting up
Reply Up