Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Charging For Late Drop Offs or Early Pick Ups?
PolkaTots 11:17 AM 12-31-2014
I charge for early drop offs and late pick ups...but what about late drop offs and early pick ups? I request that all children be here by 10am and to please not schedule pick ups earlier than 3pm so our day can run as smooth as possible. I understand doctors appts or getting out of work early every now and then, but I have a family that is supposed to be here by 8:30am, but comes anywhere from 9:30-11:30am, and is supposed to leave at 4:30pm, but comes anywhere from 1:30-4:30pm. It's becoming pretty disruptive to our day, as I prepare lunch at 10:30ish to eat at 11am, and nap time is from 1-3pm. I'm just not really sure how to address it?
melilley 11:25 AM 12-31-2014
I don't mind if they come late or leave early. BUT I also don't leave my home during dc hours and I usually only have 4-6 kids. If they are here for an activity, then great, if not, oh well. If they come during circle, I just look over and invite the child over to join. It doesn't really bother me. For nap time, I only have one who sleeps in the room that parents walk into and he doesn't really nap anyways. And I have to say, when parents come, my kids don't act out or anything so I guess that helps.

I definitely can see how it could be bothersome though. It just doesn't bother me.
daycare 11:27 AM 12-31-2014
Originally Posted by PolkaTots:
I charge for early drop offs and late pick ups...but what about late drop offs and early pick ups? I request that all children be here by 10am and to please not schedule pick ups earlier than 3pm so our day can run as smooth as possible. I understand doctors appts or getting out of work early every now and then, but I have a family that is supposed to be here by 8:30am, but comes anywhere from 9:30-11:30am, and is supposed to leave at 4:30pm, but comes anywhere from 1:30-4:30pm. It's becoming pretty disruptive to our day, as I prepare lunch at 10:30ish to eat at 11am, and nap time is from 1-3pm. I'm just not really sure how to address it?
no drop offs will occur after 9am. should you need to drop off after this time, it must be arranged in advance with the provider and NOT occur on a consistent basis.

Should you fail to arrange drop off after 9am in advance when needed you will be marked absent for the day without refund.

does this work.

I also have a later drop off does not constitute a later pick up.
PolkaTots 11:29 AM 12-31-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
no drop offs will occur after 9am. should you need to drop off after this time, it must be arranged in advance with the provider and NOT occur on a consistent basis.

Should you fail to arrange drop off after 9am in advance when needed you will be marked absent for the day without refund.

does this work.

I also have a later drop off does not constitute a later pick up.
Yes! Was looking for a professional way to word it in the new contract. Thank you
spinnymarie 08:12 AM 01-04-2015
I also discourage pick-ups during nap time, in addition to no unannounced drop-offs after 9, so anyone coming early comes after 2:30. I don't mind early pick-ups as long as they aren't during naps!
Cradle2crayons 09:02 AM 01-04-2015
Since I do contracted hours only, I don't really have this issue.

If they work 8-3 then they drop off at 7:00 am and pick up by 4:00 pm.

They try to make dr appointments after work since the nurse practitioner up town is open until 5:00.

Sometimes there is a rare occurrence where they have an appointment they HAVE to do before daycare and I'm good as long as they tell me ahead of time about the appointment and let me know approx what time they will drop off.

The only reason I need to know is because since my parents are contracted then they don't drop off or pick up at the same times generally and sometimes I have errands to run or I plan field trips etc.

I've never had an issue with drop off during nap time except right now I have a part time infant that drops off around 10:00 which is the nap time for another infant I have. But since the older infant naps in the back nap room, it doesn't wake him up. And the new baby sleeps currently in the front nap room.
Reply Up