Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Kind Of Highchair Do You Have?
Francine 11:05 AM 01-10-2011
I am looking for a new one, one with a HUGE tray that locks on tight. I would like the tray to fit close enough to the child so that half of their lunch isn't falling in their lap, I would like it to be easy to clean. I would be nice if it folded up but it's not a must. What do you have, I hate mine?
KEG123 11:23 AM 01-10-2011
http://www.kidshighchairs.com/kids-h...afari-sun.html

We got it for my son when he was 5-6 months old. (which was about 2 years ago) He still uses it sometimes

AnythingsPossible 11:27 AM 01-10-2011
i don't have highchairs...i purchase the booster seats that have a tray attachment and that is all I use here. I have a large table in a smallish dining room, so to try to fit highchairs in as well would just not work for me. I have had good luck with these, though the trays are certainly not large.
Missani 11:28 AM 01-10-2011
I have two chicco highchairs in the daycare that I really like and seem to meet your qualifications. The only thing is that they are a bit spendy. I would say they are worth it, though. I was lucky enough to find a mom of twins selling a pair on craigslist for a great price!
Blackcat31 11:30 AM 01-10-2011
I have the same issue with all their food ending up on the sides or front of them. Makes clean up yucky!!
Check out this site for comparisons and reviews.....maybe you can find just the right one. Good luck! http://www.highchairs.com/home.jsp
tenderhearts 11:47 AM 01-10-2011
I use the ones that attach's to the chair with the tray, I don't have room to keep a normal high chair up all the time, so it's nice on weekends to put it away, plus when they get around a year old I take the tray off and they sit up at the table so it just makes it easier, 2 in 1.
KEG123 11:50 AM 01-10-2011
http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Nat...4691513&sr=1-5

I also got two of those, and they were only like 11 bucks when I got them on amazon in december. Crazy how the prices jumped! They're really nice if you can find them for the price I did.

Francine 11:51 AM 01-10-2011
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I use the ones that attach's to the chair with the tray, I don't have room to keep a normal high chair up all the time, so it's nice on weekends to put it away, plus when they get around a year old I take the tray off and they sit up at the table so it just makes it easier, 2 in 1.
I am having an issue with any booster seats fitting on my chairs. I use to have two boosters that fit perfectly, I quite daycare for about 2 years, sold everything and now I can't find them to fit. I have one that just barely fits, without the straps it would fall off of the chair. I have one with a tray that doesn't fit on my chairs at all, I have to use a chair that my daughter use to have for her desk. Why are they making the bases so big?
tenderhearts 12:10 PM 01-10-2011
I have 2 different brands, The first Years and a Safety 1st. I know what you mean about the base being too big. The First Years one I have the base is almost too big for the chair but it still fits and I'm able to make it nice and snug. I like both of them in different ways. They both are adjustable in height. The Safety 1st. is nice because it's a thicker and really durable plastic not flimsy at all BUT a huge pet peeve of mine is I can't push the chair all the way in under the table because it sits too high, so the chair sticks way out. The first years one is the one with the bigger base and it's just a little flimsy, it's a thin plastic and you can't take the buckles all the way off to wash, BUT you can put the tray on and off with one hand and it fits nicely under the table. So they each have their advantages.
They both are easy to clean but the Safety 1st is probablly easier to assemble and disassemble.
MG&Lsmom 02:42 PM 01-10-2011
I have an Ikea highchair. It won't solve your snugness issue and may have a smaller tray than you want, but you can't beat the clean up or price ($25). It doesn't fold up, however, if you don't need it, the legs easily remove for storage (4 poles and a seat the size of a booster). One piece plastic easy cleaning. I use their big bibs with front pockets and arms too.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30069724

Tags:high chair, highchairs
Reply Up