Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help! Home Insurance Question
DCBlessings27 03:59 PM 05-31-2012
I just received a letter from American Family saying that they're going to drop my home insurance because they did a survey of my house and found out that I have a daycare.

Has this come up before on here? Are there other companies that allow home daycares?
Jenniferdawn 04:06 PM 05-31-2012
Hmmm, my insurance company (USAA) let me keep my insurance with them but would not cover anything that had to do with daycare so I needed to get supplemental insurance specifically with daycare.
MyAngels 05:59 PM 05-31-2012
I used to have American Family and they had no problem covering my daycare as long as I had fewer than 5 kids. That was probably 4 or 5 years ago, though.
wdmmom 07:59 PM 05-31-2012
I had to shop for new homeowners insurance a few months ago. I checked out American Family and they would only insure an in home daycare if it were 3 children or less. Same went for State Farm and Allstate.

I have a separate policy for my daycare that I pay $460 a year for.
I would suggest finding an agent that works for several companies that can either put you in touch with a company that will insure your home and business together or can write you a separate policy for the daycare.

What state are you in? Perhaps someone else can chime in and help you if they know your location.
Michael 09:21 PM 05-31-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I had to shop for new homeowners insurance a few months ago. I checked out American Family and they would only insure an in home daycare if it were 3 children or less. Same went for State Farm and Allstate.

I have a separate policy for my daycare that I pay $460 a year for.
I would suggest finding an agent that works for several companies that can either put you in touch with a company that will insure your home and business together or can write you a separate policy for the daycare.

What state are you in? Perhaps someone else can chime in and help you if they know your location.
Her IP shows Kansas.
Reply Up