Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DIY Bulletin Board Gone Wrong
daycare 03:00 PM 10-08-2013
I made these HUGE bulletin board on my wall in the daycare room. I got the idea from pinterest and made them just as stated. I used 1/2 thick piece of insulation board, kind of like Styrofoam. It was covered in nylon fabric to finish it off....

Well it looks great, but now the issue is that I can't find anything that will hold in the stuff I want to hang.

Staples will fall right out, and I don't want to use pushpins, although I think those would fall out too.

I did find these rather lager T-pins, but I don't want to use them either. Too dangerous.

Any advice or ideas??????

Thanks so much
CedarCreek 03:10 PM 10-08-2013
What about some of that tacky stuff? The blue putty. I'm explaining it weird.

Would that make a mess with the fabric you used to cover it?
daycare 03:16 PM 10-08-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
What about some of that tacky stuff? The blue putty. I'm explaining it weird.

Would that make a mess with the fabric you used to cover it?
not sure what that stuff is...lol let me see if I can google it..
daycare 03:17 PM 10-08-2013
http://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Adhes.../dp/B0017T0S5K

this stuff??
CedarCreek 03:19 PM 10-08-2013
Yes, thats it!

I did an art work "bulletin board" where I just stapled borders onto the wall and then used that stuff to hang up their art work. I don't know if it would be nylon friendly though..
CedarCreek 03:22 PM 10-08-2013
Or, maybe you could hot glue some clothes pins onto the board and then you can just hang your papers from those.
daycare 03:46 PM 10-08-2013
lol you must be a fly on the wall..

I actually used some really strong pins to hold on some cute ribbon, its pretty thick. I then used clothes pins to hang everything up, but you can't really make a cute bulletin board that way. It just now really holds everyone master pieces, which I guess is fine
Tags:bulletin board
Reply Up