Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Veggie Tots
sharlan 12:47 PM 10-20-2017
I read somewhere else that kids loved them.

Not mine. One threw them on the floor and my good eater hid them under her plate. Epic fail. Whole bag went in the trash.
e.j. 03:12 PM 10-20-2017
My dc kids weren't as dramatic as yours but they wouldn't touch them either. I tried them myself and thought they weren't bad but they weren't all that good either. I'll stick with regular veggies.
sharlan 04:10 PM 10-20-2017
Yeah, me, too.
Leigh 06:09 PM 10-21-2017
I read the same thing about mini chicken pot pies. Not one of my kids would eat them. I made a ton of them and froze the excess for future meals. My husband is working on clearing those out for me now.
Snowmom 08:29 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I read somewhere else that kids loved them.

Not mine. One threw them on the floor and my good eater hid them under her plate. Epic fail. Whole bag went in the trash.
What kind?

We do the broccoli tots quite a bit and most of the kids here really like them. I also lightly sprinkle parmesan cheese on them before baking so they get a real crisp to them.
hwichlaz 09:00 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
What kind?

We do the broccoli tots quite a bit and most of the kids here really like them. I also lightly sprinkle parmesan cheese on them before baking so they get a real crisp to them.
Where do you find them? Stores here don't carry them and on amazon they are $44 for 4-15oz bags.
daycarediva 09:04 AM 10-23-2017
I found broccoli tots at Aldi. Kids just asked if we can have regular broccoli next time.
Snowmom 01:49 PM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I found broccoli tots at Aldi. Kids just asked if we can have regular broccoli next time.
Ha.

I bought ours at Hyvee near the vegetarian freezer section.
sharlan 03:05 PM 10-23-2017
Since I had bought them already, we tried the cauliflower ones today. Nasty, into the trash they went. I even tried putting parmesan on them.
hwichlaz 08:51 PM 10-23-2017
We have Safeway. That's it. :P
Tags:vegetables, veggie tots
Reply Up