Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where Do You Purchase.....
My3cents 11:08 AM 05-02-2012
Where do you purchase your wall art for your daycare? What are your favorites?
Childminder 11:32 AM 05-02-2012
Frame some of the childrens' art. One place is posters I get from free from the USDA.gov website. Beautiful, colorful posters that have to do with nature, animals, food program, science…love them. Also the dollar store has school type posters and banners.
Blackcat31 12:04 PM 05-02-2012
I don't purchase wall art.....the children make it.

The only thing on my walls are things the kids have made.
My3cents 12:07 PM 05-02-2012
I wrote wall art, but I was talking about learning postures, ABC's, shapes, colors, numbers, rules, etc.....
Mary Poppins 06:58 PM 05-03-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
I wrote wall art, but I was talking about learning postures, ABC's, shapes, colors, numbers, rules, etc.....
Dollar Tree has some great teacher posters and so does Oriental Trading Co.

I also use Wallies.com for murals. We also hung big and small colorful kites up on one wall and the ceiling for a more 3-d effect. The kids love it.

The best stuff is what the kids make, though. I have an entire wall dedicated to their art.
Kiki 08:16 PM 05-03-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I don't purchase wall art.....the children make it.

The only thing on my walls are things the kids have made.
The walls here are like that too, I gave up on sending things home with parents, I'd find it crumpled in bags the next day, or see it crushed on the floor of their cars. Instead, we hang it up on the art line/walls!
Someone mentioned Dollar Tree, I use a few things from there, the shapes/colors/alphabet posters.
Lianne 05:34 AM 05-04-2012
I use bulletin board sets that I buy from local teacher supply stores. I recently met a lady who was retiring from kindergarten teaching and she sold me all her sets. I got a ton of new-to-me stuff and she kept her stuff in fantastic condition. It's neat to look through some of her older sets, things that would have been on classroom walls when I was a kid, etc.

I always get comments from people/prospective clients on how cheerful the house looks with the stuff on my walls. It would drive most people batty to live with but I don't mind it.
My3cents 06:44 AM 05-04-2012
Originally Posted by Lianne:
I use bulletin board sets that I buy from local teacher supply stores. I recently met a lady who was retiring from kindergarten teaching and she sold me all her sets. I got a ton of new-to-me stuff and she kept her stuff in fantastic condition. It's neat to look through some of her older sets, things that would have been on classroom walls when I was a kid, etc.

I always get comments from people/prospective clients on how cheerful the house looks with the stuff on my walls. It would drive most people batty to live with but I don't mind it.
I do all the above that has been mentioned so far..... and I am a bright colorful, stimulating daycare too.

I am wondering- How do you store your sets when you switch them out? Many of them are big and bulky and take up a lot of room. Would love ideas on this subject and if anyone has other cool places to find nice stuff for walls? I am big on switching things up. I get bored in the same environment for too long- I guess I wouldn't say bored, but I like to change things around it gives a new perspective and a pick me up.
frugalmama4 09:03 AM 05-04-2012
Good Morning,

Dollar Tree... garage sales...Wal-mart
Lianne 10:02 AM 05-04-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
I do all the above that has been mentioned so far..... and I am a bright colorful, stimulating daycare too.

I am wondering- How do you store your sets when you switch them out? Many of them are big and bulky and take up a lot of room. Would love ideas on this subject and if anyone has other cool places to find nice stuff for walls? I am big on switching things up. I get bored in the same environment for too long- I guess I wouldn't say bored, but I like to change things around it gives a new perspective and a pick me up.
Right now I use a box specifically made for storing bulletin board sets like this

http://teachers.scholarschoice.ca/pr...ge-Box-p29648/

I either need more boxes or another system but I haven't done anything about it yet.
Creek 07:11 AM 05-07-2012
We mostly put up the kids art work, but for my little ones learning to write, we have posters from Scholar's Choice.
mariagarcia495 10:34 PM 10-08-2012
We bought all our wall decals at the daycare from wall-pops.com. They have a ton of different options online, and are fairly inexpensive. Best of luck!
Willow 06:11 AM 10-09-2012
I just fell in love with and splurged on Jenn Ski's "Counting To Ten" and "Alphabet Zoo"

http://www.amazon.com/Counting-Print...words=Jenn+Ski

http://www.amazon.com/Alphabet-Print...words=Jenn+Ski

I found them for less on ebay than amazon but the listing is already down. The estimated delivery was supposed to be 10/4-10/12 so I should have them today (or rather better lol)

I usually bought my wall art supplies from a teacher/childcare provider supply store called The Fishing Pond, but everything I had was so *loud* compared to the more toned down colors in the new posters.

I want to find more posters like them to go with that calmer color scheme, specifically one with shapes, colors and emotions.
crazydaycarelady 07:05 AM 10-09-2012
Dollat Tree has lots of greast stuff. Other than that I have the kids artwork and some of my own kids artwork that is framed, plus a small American Flag.
Tags:wall art
Reply Up