Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>MM And Notes On Cleaning
Country Kids 06:49 AM 03-12-2013
Since I discovered the Time/Space part it has made my life sooooo much easier. I can't believe it was there the whole time!!!!

Now another question-when you guys do your cleaning do you input a detailed cleaning routine everyday or just mark cleaning. I always use to just count an hour for tax purposes but now that I'm conscious of it I'm realizing its more then an hour in the evening. I think a bit part of it is because with the kids now napping only an hour (some days they still aren't even doing an hour anymore), I'm not getting alot done during the day. I've been putting what I'm doing every night per room but not sure if after a year it will be to long of a report and maybe to repetative.

On the weekends I was going to make sure my deep cleaning was also documented but once again, I'm not sure if its to much to input all the time.

In a way though I'm thinking its documentation but at the same time I'm thinking in case its questioned why so much cleaning time, I can have it right there to show.

So if anyone can let me know how you input for cleaning time or what is even needed that would be great!
Jewels 10:56 AM 03-12-2013
I put "cleaning" for regular cleaning, like vacuuming and cleaning toilets, but every other sunday I spend a good 3 hours washing and sanitizing toys, on that one I always put, "cleaning and sanitizing toys" because its a weekend, and most housework on the weekends is normal, so I show that this is daycare cleaning, but otherwise, on weekdays, I just put cleaning.
And I have alot of cleaning on my time/space, I vacuum everyday clean the bathrooms everyday, and I never cleaned this much before daycare, our standard house cleaning was a saturday when I worked outside the home, and now its constant everyday, and all my cleaning during the week (except after dinner) is because of daycare.
momofsix 11:40 AM 03-12-2013
I believe that Tom once said to track your hours cleaning for a short time only. So if you kept track for 3 months you could just use that for the whole year (multiplied by 4) That way they see you're not just "guessing" but using actual records, yet it doesn't need to be so tedious.
Jewels 11:43 AM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by momofsix:
I believe that Tom once said to track your hours cleaning for a short time only. So if you kept track for 3 months you could just use that for the whole year (multiplied by 4) That way they see you're not just "guessing" but using actual records, yet it doesn't need to be so tedious.

yeah thats what I do, I just do 2 months, thats what I remember him saying at a workshop, I don't do 2 months next to each other though, I did January this year, and then I will probably do June, and then average the 2.
Reply Up