Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When is a runny nose excessive?
daycarediva 07:15 AM 04-04-2017
I can wipe his nose (can't blow it yet) and literally turn around and do it again. If I don't CONSTANTLY wipe it, it's dripping down his nose/mouth/onto the floor/table within 10 minutes.

So this is day 2, and it's raw/red from constant wiping. At home, they let it run (GAG!) so he won't do it himself, (he's 3.5) or even ask for a tissue or help. He WILL wipe it on his sleeves and furniture though.
Cat Herder 07:30 AM 04-04-2017
When you say it is.
Blackcat31 07:35 AM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
When you say it is.

Clear and needing to be wiped once every half hour or so is one thing....especially for a toddler but 3.5 and capable of wiping on his sleeve but doesn't choose a tissue....yeah...time to go home.

I'd make it clear to the parent as to why I'm sending home too.....Teach YOUR child to use a tissue!
finsup 08:45 AM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I can wipe his nose (can't blow it yet) and literally turn around and do it again. If I don't CONSTANTLY wipe it, it's dripping down his nose/mouth/onto the floor/table within 10 minutes.

So this is day 2, and it's raw/red from constant wiping. At home, they let it run (GAG!) so he won't do it himself, (he's 3.5) or even ask for a tissue or help. He WILL wipe it on his sleeves and furniture though.
I would send home for that. Basically I say whenever I can't keep up with it or it makes an unsanitary enviorment for others. Basically I'd say dcb has a consistent runny nose that I cannot keep up with. He is wiping it on his hands, sleeves, furniture etc and spreading it around to everyone. He needs to be picked up. See you soon!

Parents have definitely been annoyed with this one but really, it's gross. Wiping once and a while is one thing. Constantly dripping etc. No.
daycarediva 09:41 AM 04-04-2017
I sent him home. It was so excessive I had to bring a plastic bag, hand sanitizer, and a box of tissues outside. I went through an ENTIRE box of tissues in 1.5 days with ONE child. That's insanity. Mom came (annoyed) I wiped his nose immediately before she picked him up, and by the time they got to the car I SAW mom grab a tissue to wipe it again.

I told her he really needs to be taught how to use a tissue and when- bc he's perfectly capable of doing so, just will NOT. Mom said, it's allergies and I of course, take that very seriously so they will be going to the doctors for an allergy note, and plan of action for symptoms.

I don't think it's allergies, but I WILL put Mom on blast for claiming it is.
Ariana 09:59 AM 04-04-2017
"It's allergies"
Blackcat31 10:00 AM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
"It's allergies"
I bet he's teething!
daycarediva 10:30 AM 04-04-2017
It's ALWAYS allergies.

I turned away the 19mo yesterday bc his teething was too bad to be in care.
Tags:illness policy
Reply Up