Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Delicious Pasta--Even for My Pickiest Eater
nothingwithoutjoy 09:03 AM 04-05-2016
We just had a yummy lunch, and the miracle is, my super-picky eater (whose lips, I swear, have never let a vegetable pass) ate seconds! Thought I'd share in case you've got anyone who won't eat greens. (Admittedly, it's a very limited amount of greens, but it's way more than he's ever eaten before!) Basically whole wheat pasta with butter and lots of garlic and basil and spinach. I served it with asiago cheese on top. Every kid gobbled it up.

http://pinchofyum.com/garlic-butter-...tti-with-herbs

garlic butter spaghetti with herbs
prep time: 15 mins cook time: 15 mins total time: 30 mins
serves: 8

INGREDIENTS
1 lb. whole wheat spaghetti
6 tablespoons butter + more for serving
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 large bunch basil, chopped
1 large bunch baby spinach, chopped
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Parmigiano Reggiano cheese for topping

INSTRUCTIONS
Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat the butter together in a large nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Add the minced garlic and saute for 3-5 minutes, until soft and fragrant. Be careful not to burn or over-brown the garlic because it will taste bitter. Low and slow is the winner here.
Chop the spinach and basil (I had about 5 cups total - it reduces quite a bit as it wilts) into small bite-sized pieces and add to the skillet, stirring for just a minute or two to get the greens softened slightly. Season with salt.
Add the spaghetti to the skillet (or vice versa depending on pan size) and season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine and let it all rest for a few minutes to stick together a bit. Serve with an additional pat of butter and/or fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Tags:pasta, picky eater, recipe
Up