Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Would Your Response Be?
tjones34 06:26 AM 05-10-2013
I would like to post an email that was sent to my by a parent that I had an interview with about 2 weeks ago and tell me what you guys think and how you would respond to this.....

Hi Tonya,

Sorry for the delay in sending you these questions or concerns regarding your contract. We have to see one more provider early next week. My husband and I will be making our final decision on which childcare provider to watch our two sons most likely by the end of next week, around May 18.

First and foremost is it possible to get the names of everyone who resides in your home. We would like to do customary background checks for safety reasons.

As I mentioned to you before, I only work 25 hrs a week, Tuesday through Friday. As a part time employee I am not entitled to paid sick days, personal days, holidays etc. Therefore I am not in the financial position to pay for all the paid "off" days you specify in your contract.

As I explained before with my current provider, my mother or I watch watch the kids every other Monday that my mother is off. So if you choose to be our provider you'd watch the kids Monday through Friday one week, Tuesday through Friday the next week, then Monday through Friday, then Tuesday through Friday, etc. Therefore the pay would reflect that. You also mentioned that you could give a 15% sibling discount on our 6 yr old's rate.

I will be listing page#'s from this point on from your contract...

On pg 4... We'd be dropping the kids off about 7:45am in the morning to 6:30 pm in evening (as mentioned in our interview).

On pg 6... If a federal holiday falls on the every other Monday that my mom watches the kids, I don't expect to pay for that day.

On pg 7... I can't pay for 2 weeks vacation time and 5 personal days off, especially since I will have to take a day off (unpaid) or pay someone else to care for my children. My other concern that is that during the school year, I have to pay someone else to pick my older son up and he will not be there a full day. I don't think I should pay a full day's rate when my older son is attending school since he will only be at your childcare 3 hrs or less.

So aside from those points I agree with the majority of your contract. I hope we can come to some reasonable agreements regarding these details.

Thanking you in advance,
Cradle2crayons 06:34 AM 05-10-2013
My answer may be different than others, but I do contracted care not generalized care.

First on the Monday thing, I'd contract them just as they ask. Monday through Friday of one week, and Tuesday through Friday for the other week etc.

If they refuse to pay for your vacations and holidays, then I'd say that they aren't a good fit for your care if that is a policy.

I don't charge my parents for my vacations. I don't close on federal holidays. I'm only closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, thanksgiving day, and Good Friday. That's it. But if its your policy, then stick to it.

During the school year, if you are only doing after school for the oldest, then give them a rate for after school. I would never charge a full time rate for after school.

Maybe she'll see the after school rate and the contracted hours to give her Mondays as a compromise. If not, she could always seek care elsewhere??
crazydaycarelady 06:34 AM 05-10-2013
Honestly, I would respond that the spot is no longer open. I could go on for HOURS about all the red flags in that email!!
snbauser 06:35 AM 05-10-2013
IMHO my response would be:

"Dear xxx,

Thank you for your follow up email. Unfortunately, my contracts and policies are not negotiable as this is how I chose to run my business. If you are still interested in the spots based on my policies, please let me know. Otherwise I wish you luck in your search for childcare."

If she is trying to negotiate your policies before even signing, you are setting yourself up for even more "negotiations" after she signs.
sharlan 06:36 AM 05-10-2013
Thank you for your interest. I do not believe that we would be a good fit at this time.
tjones34 06:39 AM 05-10-2013
Yeah that's what I was thinking..we haven't even signed a contract and you are negotiating. I want to address each thing she pointed out but my friend says its not worth it. Thanks so much you guys!!! I will be using one of your responses to send back to her.
NeedaVaca 06:40 AM 05-10-2013
ummmm, she's basically rewriting your policies! NOPE I would not enroll this family. If can't accept your policies then she is not a good fit for your program, I would definitely pass!
cheerfuldom 06:41 AM 05-10-2013
I am confused about why she said she works 25 hours a week yet needs care 12 hours a day, 4 to 5 days a week. Why are her kids in care that much??

outside of that, it looks like she is looking for something you don't offer. She wants to pay only when they attend. If she is not wanting to pay for holidays and vacations and those extra Mondays, she definitely won't pay when her kids are sick or she comes up with another free sitter on random days. She wants you to hold two full time spots for her but will only pay on a part time basis.
itlw8 06:42 AM 05-10-2013
I am sorry but that won't work for me. I wish you the best in your search for childcare.
BumbleBee 06:44 AM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by snbauser:

"Dear xxx,

Thank you for your follow up email. Unfortunately, my contracts and policies are not negotiable as this is how I chose to run my business. If you are still interested in the spots based on my policies, please let me know. Otherwise I wish you luck in your search for childcare."

If she is trying to negotiate your policies before even signing, you are setting yourself up for even more "negotiations" after she signs.
This.
bunnyslippers 06:48 AM 05-10-2013

"Dear xxx,

This definitely. I would thank your lucky stars you are turning her away ~ this lady would have wanted special all the time!!
Meeko 06:55 AM 05-10-2013

"Dear xxx,

This!

I wonder if she would write to the local grocery store business owner and start doing the same thing.

"Your 9AM opening time doesn't work for me. So I will be by at 8:30AM to do my shopping. Also...the cost of bread there is not what I want to pay, so I will expect you to discount it for me. The meat department is not on the most convenient side of the store for me, as I like to shop left to right. I hope you will consider remodeling the store......"
tjones34 07:08 AM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:
This!

I wonder if she would write to the local grocery store business owner and start doing the same thing.

"Your 9AM opening time doesn't work for me. So I will be by at 8:30AM to do my shopping. Also...the cost of bread there is not what I want to pay, so I will expect you to discount it for me. The meat department is not on the most convenient side of the store for me, as I like to shop left to right. I hope you will consider remodeling the store......"

lolaland 07:14 AM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Honestly, I would respond that the spot is no longer open. I could go on for HOURS about all the red flags in that email!!
I had the same "vibe" as the crazydaycarelady when reading this e-mail. And without providing any explanation I would answer - "Sorry to inform you that the spot is no longer available (for you )" Ok, I would not put the "for you" part of it
Leigh 07:16 AM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by tjones34:
I would like to post an email that was sent to my by a parent that I had an interview with about 2 weeks ago and tell me what you guys think and how you would respond to this.....

Hi Tonya,

Sorry for the delay in sending you these questions or concerns regarding your contract. We have to see one more provider early next week. My husband and I will be making our final decision on which childcare provider to watch our two sons most likely by the end of next week, around May 18.

First and foremost is it possible to get the names of everyone who resides in your home. We would like to do customary background checks for safety reasons.

As I mentioned to you before, I only work 25 hrs a week, Tuesday through Friday. As a part time employee I am not entitled to paid sick days, personal days, holidays etc. Therefore I am not in the financial position to pay for all the paid "off" days you specify in your contract.

As I explained before with my current provider, my mother or I watch watch the kids every other Monday that my mother is off. So if you choose to be our provider you'd watch the kids Monday through Friday one week, Tuesday through Friday the next week, then Monday through Friday, then Tuesday through Friday, etc. Therefore the pay would reflect that. You also mentioned that you could give a 15% sibling discount on our 6 yr old's rate.

On pg 4... We'd be dropping the kids off about 7:45am in the morning to 6:30 pm in evening (as mentioned in our interview).

On pg 6... If a federal holiday falls on the every other Monday that my mom watches the kids, I don't expect to pay for that day.

On pg 7... I can't pay for 2 weeks vacation time and 5 personal days off, especially since I will have to take a day off (unpaid) or pay someone else to care for my children. My other concern that is that during the school year, I have to pay someone else to pick my older son up and he will not be there a full day. I don't think I should pay a full day's rate when my older son is attending school since he will only be at your childcare 3 hrs or less.

So aside from those points I agree with the majority of your contract. I hope we can come to some reasonable agreements regarding these details.

Thanking you in advance,

My ONLY response would be: I am sorry that we won't be able to have your children in our care. My contract is non-negotiable-it was crafted with great care to ensure that it best serves the needs of my business and the families who choose to have me provide care for them. If the terms of the contract don't work for you and your family, I certainly understand, and I wish you the best of luck in choosing a provider for your children.

Sincerely,
XXX
Leigh 07:18 AM 05-10-2013
This!

Oh, so true. Really NO different. It would be insane to accept a client who starts trying to bully you before even signing a contract. This doesn't sound like a parent trying to negotiate, but one demanding HER way. I wouldn't even consider this client if I were desperate.
JenNJ 07:34 AM 05-10-2013
Dear DC Interviwee,

Unfortunately the contract is non-negotiable. It is a standard contract that I require for all clients to agree to before care can begin. Based on the points in your email, I feel that we are not a good match and I am no longer able to offer you the space. Thanks for your interest and good luck in your childcare search.

- Provider
MyAngels 07:41 AM 05-10-2013
I agree with everyone else. No way would I want this family.
Unregistered 07:45 AM 05-10-2013
She wants a reduction in price because they may not be in care 2 Mondays a month, yet they are in care pretty long hours all other days??? Here many places charge overtime for anything over 9 hours, and for sure on anything over 10 hours.

I agree just a polite responce saying we are not a good fit and good luck!
Lyss 08:04 AM 05-10-2013

"Dear xxx,

NEXT!
daycare 08:16 AM 05-10-2013
I Have to hand it to this DCM......she actually read the rntire PHB.... Thats awesome.

I would just email her back and tell her this.

Thank you for getting back time, Unfortunately, my services are not a perfect fit for every family and from the sounds of it, it does not sound like we would be a good match for each other.

I appreciate you taking the time to see what our program has to offer and wish you and your family the best of luck finding the right care that best suits your entire families needs.

I am including the number for our local RR.

Regards,
tjones34 08:19 AM 05-10-2013

"Dear xxx,

I used your response and haven't a thing back from her. Thanks again ladies and Happy Provider Appreciation Day to you all!!!!
MarinaVanessa 08:51 AM 05-10-2013
Based on how I run my daycare and how I charge (4 or 5 days per week is a flat full-time rate no matter how many hours a client needs each day) my response would be:

"Dear Family,

Thank you for following up and for your interest in my daycare. At this time it is apparent that your needs and the way that I run my program are not a good fit. My contract and policies are created to reflect the way that is best for me to run my business and unfortunately are non-negotiable. It is important to me that all clients that sign a contract agree and abide by all of the policies and stipulations in order to ensure a goodness of fit and a positive partnership. If you have reservations about any of the policies then I encourage you to find alternate child care arrangements that are better suited for your family's needs.

I wish you the best of luck in your child care search and decision and hope that if in the future your child care needs change that you may keep my daycare in mind.

Thank You
Child Care Provider"

Here are a few red flags that popped up for me:
  1. She mentions that there is another provider that she is interviewing with. One main reason that people do this (not always) is so that you know you have competition. In other words, she may be thinking that if you don't change what she doesn't like then she won't be choosing you. SO you either change the way you do things or pass this one up. I'd pass.
  2. She asks you for the names of everyone living in your household. If you are required to get background checks on the adults I would offer to show them the clearances. If you are not required to do this then I'd only be willing to give out the names of adults living in my household but not of any minors even if they were 17. The fact that she is asking you so that she can do background checks does not seem fishy to me at all however and actually I highly recommend it to anyone looking for childcare.
  3. She is already telling you that there are financial concerns.
  4. She is TELLING you that YOUR pay will reflect HER needs. She didn't even have the common courtesy to request, suggest or politely ask if this is a possibility. She did not try to negotiate, SHE TOLD YOU how it was going to be.
  5. She says this "So aside from those points I agree with the majority of your contract. I hope we can come to some reasonable agreements regarding these details." So she just changed the entire way you charge, told you that she won't be paying for sick time, vacations or holidays, that she doesn't want to pay your rate for her SA son because she will be paying someone else to pick him up and she finishes up with how she hopes you can come to a reasonable agreement ... in other words everything in your contract that she just mentioned is unreasonable and she hopes that you will change it for her to suit her needs ... also other than ALL OF THAT she agrees to the MAJORITY of your contract, meaning there are still other issues and concerns that she has with other parts of your contract ...

KnoxMom 09:09 AM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Based on how I run my daycare and how I charge (4 or 5 days per week is a flat full-time rate no matter how many hours a client needs each day) my response would be:

"Dear Family,

Thank you for following up and for your interest in my daycare. At this time it is apparent that your needs and the way that I run my program are not a good fit. My contract and policies are created to reflect the way that is best for me to run my business and unfortunately are non-negotiable. It is important to me that all clients that sign a contract agree and abide by all of the policies and stipulations in order to ensure a goodness of fit and a positive partnership. If you have reservations about any of the policies then I encourage you to find alternate child care arrangements that are better suited for your family's needs.

I wish you the best of luck in your child care search and decision and hope that if in the future your child care needs change that you may keep my daycare in mind.

Thank You
Child Care Provider"

1. She mentions that there is another provider that she is interviewing with. One main reason that people do this (not always) is so that you know you have competition. In other words, she may be thinking that if you don't change what she doesn't like then she won't be choosing you. SO you either change the way you do things or pass this one up. I'd pass.
  2. She asks you for the names of everyone living in your household. If you are required to get background checks on the adults I would offer to show them the clearances. If you are not required to do this then I'd only be willing to give out the names of adults living in my household but not of any minors even if they were 17. The fact that she is asking you so that she can do background checks does not seem fishy to me at all however and actually I highly recommend it to anyone looking for childcare.
  4. She is TELLING you that YOUR pay will reflect HER needs. She didn't even have the common courtesy to request, suggest or politely ask if this is a possibility. She did not try to negotiate, SHE TOLD YOU how it was going to be.
  5. She says this "So aside from those points I agree with the majority of your contract. I hope we can come to some reasonable agreements regarding these details." So she just changed the entire way you charge, told you that she won't be paying for sick time, vacations or holidays, that she doesn't want to pay your rate for her SA son because she will be paying someone else to pick him up and she finishes up with how she hopes you can come to a reasonable agreement ... in other words everything in your contract that she just mentioned is unreasonable and she hopes that you will change it for her to suit her needs ... also other than ALL OF THAT she agrees to the MAJORITY of your contract, meaning there are still other issues and concerns that she has with other parts of your contract ...
Exactly what I was thinking as I read through! I think you've dodged a bullet. I hope another family comes along that will work well with your program. Good luck!
KnoxMom 09:12 AM 05-10-2013
This!

I can't take it!!
daycarediva 09:16 AM 05-10-2013
RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
tjones34 09:36 AM 05-10-2013
I definitely dodged a great big bullet! But I should have known there would be an issue because she called me asked me if she could send her concerns via email instead of talk to me on the phone.
slorey 09:45 AM 05-10-2013
It sounds like you have already responded to this parent, but I would strongly suggest you do NOT take this family! If you do, mom will feel as though she runs the show and will try to re-create rules or policies for everything!
williams2008 10:28 AM 05-10-2013
This!

Good one!!!
melilley 10:37 AM 05-10-2013

"Dear xxx,

RosieMommy 10:38 AM 05-10-2013
Yeah that's what I was thinking..we haven't even signed a contract and you are negotiating. I want to address each thing she pointed out but my friend says its not worth it. Thanks so much you guys!!! I will be using one of your responses to send back to her.
Well before you signed the contract is when you'd WANT to negotiate its terms, not after. Now you know right away if this is someone you want to deal with rather than taking on someone who seems like a great fit and then after the fact all of these issues come up etc. In my opinion this lady is saving you lots of time and grief because if your terms are non-negotiable you can respond with a simple response declining or whatever it is and keep it moving.
Laurel 11:14 AM 05-10-2013
This!

Laurel
Laurel 11:20 AM 05-10-2013
Dear Daycare Parent,

Thank you for considering placing your children with me.

I can appreciate that my policies will not meet your needs but I feel it would be unfair to the other parents to charge them for days that I am not charging you for or have different policies for them than I have for your family.

I'm sure you can understand. If your circumstances should change, please give me a call. It was nice to meet you!

Ms. Daycare Provider
Patches 11:22 AM 05-10-2013

Hi Tonya,

Thanking you in advance,
This was me when I read this

Glad you didn't agree to that
AfterSchoolMom 11:23 AM 05-10-2013
I wouldn't reply, I'd RUN, fast and far!!!
LeslieG 11:29 AM 05-10-2013
This is YOUR child care business, so if people don't like it and/or can't abide by your policies/contract, they should be going elsewhere for child care.

If I were you I would not take them... even if you really need to fill spots. There is just way too many red flags!!

Like someone else said, I would tell them the spot has been filled.
Laurel 11:31 AM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by RosieMommy:
Well before you signed the contract is when you'd WANT to negotiate its terms, not after. Now you know right away if this is someone you want to deal with rather than taking on someone who seems like a great fit and then after the fact all of these issues come up etc. In my opinion this lady is saving you lots of time and grief because if your terms are non-negotiable you can respond with a simple response declining or whatever it is and keep it moving.
I agree. I have changed some things for parents from time to time. I just haven't changed the most important things. I don't mind someone asking. If their request is reasonable, I can give a little.

For example, I used to have the policy of not taking part timers (or taking them but they still paid full time rate). But then someone called me and their part time schedule was great for me and I was thinking a little break for a day or two would be nice. Less children on say Tues. and Thurs. So I told them I would think about it and call them back. So I charged them a little more per day and had a 3 day minimum so it was fair to me and they didn't mind paying a little more beings I couldn't fill the 2 days they didn't need.

Laurel
e.j. 11:32 AM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
Thank you for getting back time, Unfortunately, my services are not a perfect fit for every family and from the sounds of it, it does not sound like we would be a good match for each other.

I appreciate you taking the time to see what our program has to offer and wish you and your family the best of luck finding the right care that best suits your entire families needs.

I am including the number for our local RR.

Regards,
Polite, professional and to the point. I would have replied the same way to her. Glad to hear you're not taking her on. You'd be taking a big financial hit trying to meet her demands.
EntropyControlSpecialist 11:46 AM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Amen.
rmc20021 11:53 AM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Thank you for your interest. I do not believe that we would be a good fit at this time.
short and simple. I would NOT suggest IF she wants to follow your policy that you'd be glad to take them on. Too many red flags from the get go. This family will be nothing less than a full time migraine
rmc20021 11:54 AM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Polite, professional and to the point. I would have replied the same way to her. Glad to hear you're not taking her on. You'd be taking a big financial hit trying to meet her demands.
I like this one even better....
MissAnn 11:57 AM 05-10-2013
I'm feeling sorry for whoever ends up with this nut!
DCMom 11:58 AM 05-10-2013
This!

Exactly.

I would simply say "Thank you for your interest and good luck with your search for child care."
LaLa1923 12:28 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
My answer may be different than others, but I do contracted care not generalized care.

First on the Monday thing, I'd contract them just as they ask. Monday through Friday of one week, and Tuesday through Friday for the other week etc.

If they refuse to pay for your vacations and holidays, then I'd say that they aren't a good fit for your care if that is a policy.

I don't charge my parents for my vacations. I don't close on federal holidays. I'm only closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, thanksgiving day, and Good Friday. That's it. But if its your policy, then stick to it.

During the school year, if you are only doing after school for the oldest, then give them a rate for after school. I would never charge a full time rate for after school.

Maybe she'll see the after school rate and the contracted hours to give her Mondays as a compromise. If not, she could always seek care elsewhere??

What do you mean by that? ( I made the letters bold it)
LaLa1923 12:33 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
This was me when I read this

Glad you didn't agree to that
lol! how did you do that?? We should add this smiley
LaLa1923 12:37 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:

"Dear Family,

Thank You
Child Care Provider"

Cradle2crayons 12:39 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
What do you mean by that? ( I made the letters bold it)
I contract with the parent based on hours and days. For instance, if they want special,they pay special

I have a sibling group that does mon through fri regular hours... They pay regular rate.

I have my special needs mom who only works three afternoons a week from400 pm until 1100 pm or so, she has her own rate.

I have my 18 month old girl whose mom only works three days a week. She pays her own rate. She doesn't want to have her kid here five days a week to get her money worth lol. She's one of those moms who LIKeS to spend time with her kid.

I have a three year old here for afternoons five days a week. She's here from 130 pm until 1130 pm. Her care includes a bath etc etc. she has a rate too.

Where I live,there just aren't bankers hours. People work wild shifts and have an hour one way travel times because we live in the middle of nowhere.

Aka contracted hours.
Oneluckymom 12:49 PM 05-10-2013

"Dear xxx,

This.

if you DO sign her on...there may be more to come from this family
jenn 01:43 PM 05-10-2013

Hi Tonya,

"I understand you wanting to make an informed decision. Please understand that my positions are first come, first serve. If someone fills these positions prior to the 18th, I will not be able to accept your children."

First and foremost is it possible to get the names of everyone who resides in your home. We would like to do customary background checks for safety reasons. "All background checks are done through licensing, feel free to contact them if you have any concerns." (Assuming your state does this)

As I mentioned to you before, I only work 25 hrs a week, Tuesday through Friday. As a part time employee I am not entitled to paid sick days, personal days, holidays etc. Therefore I am not in the financial position to pay for all the paid "off" days you specify in your contract. "This is a non negotiable part of my contract. I charge every client the same and it would not be acceptable to change the rules for you."

As I explained before with my current provider, my mother or I watch watch the kids every other Monday that my mother is off. So if you choose to be our provider you'd watch the kids Monday through Friday one week, Tuesday through Friday the next week, then Monday through Friday, then Tuesday through Friday, etc. Therefore the pay would reflect that. You also mentioned that you could give a 15% sibling discount on our 6 yr old's rate."Your contract can be written to accomodate this schedule."

On pg 4... We'd be dropping the kids off about 7:45am in the morning to 6:30 pm in evening (as mentioned in our interview). Do these hours fit into your normal hours?

On pg 6... If a federal holiday falls on the every other Monday that my mom watches the kids, I don't expect to pay for that day.I only charge kids for days that they are scheduled to be here. Example: I have one that never attends on Thursday or Friday. Therefore on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, they do not pay. Depends on what you feel comfortable with.

On pg 7... I can't pay for 2 weeks vacation time and 5 personal days off, especially since I will have to take a day off (unpaid) or pay someone else to care for my children. My other concern that is that during the school year, I have to pay someone else to pick my older son up and he will not be there a full day. I don't think I should pay a full day's rate when my older son is attending school since he will only be at your childcare 3 hrs or less. "This is a non negotiable part of my contract. I charge every client the same and it would not be acceptable to change the rules for you."

Thanking you in advance,
Overall, this does not sound like a great fit, but I have found that some people will try to push the rules and once they know you stand firm, they go with it.
TheGoodLife 02:33 PM 05-10-2013

Hi Tonya,

As I explained before with my current provider, my mother or I watch watch the kids every other Monday that my mother is off. So if you choose to be our provider you'd watch the kids Monday through Friday one week, Tuesday through Friday the next week, then Monday through Friday, then Tuesday through Friday, etc.

Why the heck does she need DC those hours if she only works 25 hrs. a week?!
tjones34 08:48 PM 05-10-2013
Just to make it more interesting, the husband called my home this evening saying he would like to talk to me and maybe we can come to an agreement because he really wants his sons in my care. I say too little too late
Patches 09:01 PM 05-10-2013
Just to make it more interesting, the husband called my home this evening saying he would like to talk to me and maybe we can come to an agreement because he really wants his sons in my care. I say too little too late
Wow...really? If you want your kids in someone's care, then you better be willing to abide by their rules. I just don't understand why some parents feel this is a negotiable thing (ok, it might be somewhere....but not at my house). This is MY business and MY rules.

"Oh, ok, you want to come to an agreement? Can we agree that you will follow my policies and pay the rates as they are in my contract? Or can we agree that you will be searching for care elsewhere?" < That is rude and I would never actually say that, but this just gets to me!
MyAngels 09:02 PM 05-10-2013
Hmmm...so much for that "other provider" they plan on interviewing . In this situation I'd probably take great pleasure in turning them down, but then I'm kind of mean that way sometimes .
Patches 09:04 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Hmmm...so much for that "other provider" they plan on interviewing . In this situation I'd probably take great pleasure in turning them down, but then I'm kind of mean that way sometimes .
Yes, that other provider was probably a bluff....Didn't really work out for them, huh?
AmyLeigh 09:08 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
Yes, that other provider was probably a bluff....Didn't really work out for them, huh?

That or the other provider didn't change her policies for them either.
tjones34 09:12 PM 05-10-2013
Yeah I knew it was a bluff, the wife sent the email and they were expecting me to cave. So I guess the husband is going to try and be the voice of reason. But I'm making notes now as to what I will say which is simply either you can agree to my policies, or you can look for care elsewhere. I'm also a tad bit mean when it comes to people trying to get over on me. I think they think that I am desperate because I just started and I only have 2 children in my care right now. Just my thoughts
Patches 09:13 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
That or the other provider didn't change her policies for them either.
So very true! I wonder if they will find someone who will give in to their demands. Hopefully, they just find someone that has policies that fit with them better.....or they start to realize how ridiculous they're being
Patches 09:15 PM 05-10-2013
Yeah I knew it was a bluff, the wife sent the email and they were expecting me to cave. So I guess the husband is going to try and be the voice of reason. But I'm making notes now as to what I will say which is simply either you can agree to my policies, or you can look for care elsewhere. I'm also a tad bit mean when it comes to people trying to get over on me. I think they think that I am desperate because I just started and I only have 2 children in my care right now. Just my thoughts
Good for you for continuing to stand firm on your policies
TheGoodLife 09:17 PM 05-10-2013
It seemed like a very "I'm in control, not you" email from the start. I actually expected to hear that they came back again, trying to get into your daycare. Unless you REALLY need them, Id be very cautious and only consider taking them if I was desperate for the income. I have a feeling hey will try to bully you, and the mom especially would have the mindset that you are her "employee", she is the "boss", and would later try to wiggle out of your contract Just my opinion. Best of luck to you!!!
MyAngels 09:18 PM 05-10-2013
Their version of good cop/bad cop I guess .

It's nice to see a newer provider with a good strong backbone . It will serve you well the longer you are in this career .
TheGoodLife 09:19 PM 05-10-2013

It's nice to see a newer provider with a good strong backbone . It will serve you well the longer you are in this career .
tjones34 09:21 PM 05-10-2013
Thanks! I feel like I have to especially since im just starting out. I just know they will still want to try and not pay me for vacation. And if that's the case they will be looking for another provider. I am standing my ground!
tjones34 09:22 PM 05-10-2013

Thank you!!!!
tjones34 09:26 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
It seemed like a very "I'm in control, not you" email from the start. I actually expected to hear that they came back again, trying to get into your daycare. Unless you REALLY need them, Id be very cautious and only consider taking them if I was desperate for the income. I have a feeling hey will try to bully you, and the mom especially would have the mindset that you are her "employee", she is the "boss", and would later try to wiggle out of your contract Just my opinion. Best of luck to you!!!
I was in limbo with that, one side thought they would call back and the other side was thinking they going to contact me, they will find someone else. I do need the income but not that bad. I look at it as they found me and many will as well. Thankfully I have a loving, supportive fiancé that is taking care of the bills for now. So really I don't need the income, not at the sacrifice of my policies and procedures.
Cat Herder 06:23 AM 05-11-2013
I am glad you are not taking them. I think I had this couple...

Next would have been "Don't tell my wife, but I will pay the difference... just tell her......"

It is only downhill from there... Couples who are not on the same page seem to like to put providers in the middle...
Reply Up