Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Need, or Want For DC?
Josiegirl 09:06 AM 02-09-2014
What's on your list of stuff you'd like or need right now? Even if it's consumables you run out of all the time? Or an indulgence you'll probably never but sure would be nice to have for dc?

I seem to always need new markers. Mine are constantly dry.
And glue sticks, they don't seem to last long either.
Also need cots, which hopefully I will be ordering in the near future.
A mirror. Kids love mirrors and all I have is a small one on the end of my toddler dress up thingie.
I'd love some way to decorate the playroom with more artwork and posters. The room is lined from corner to corner with windows and the others walls are filled with shelving. So pretty much no wall space.
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a door that goes directly into my backyard. We have to go out our front door and around the side of my house. Doing that with 2 dogs, 3 toddlers and 2 preschoolers is not much fun.
A camera, nothing fancy just a point and shoot. Mine busted and my dd lent me hers but it is terrible. I've missed all the crafts we used to do using pictures.

So what's on your wish list?
Kimskiddos 09:26 AM 02-09-2014
I would love, love a bathroom in my laundry room! I have my dc in my converted garage, and now the kiddos have to walk through my kitchen, dining and living rooms to get to the guest bath.

It's only breaking up a couple of feet of concrete and running about 10 foot of pipe, haven't talked my dh into doing it yet. But I am working on him and I generally get him to my way of thinking eventually.
CraftyMom 09:34 AM 02-09-2014
We do lots of art projects, I am in constant need of art supplies! Glue sticks, crayons (the kids break them and then don't want to use the broken ones), washable paint and card stock are my most used items. Then stickers and doo-dads for collages.

My playroom is also lined with doors and walls, not much decorating space for posters and alphabet letters and such

And I would absolutely LOVE to install a fall zone so the kids could use our playscape. Big expense, maybe someday! For now they're fine with small slides and climb-ons
itlw8 09:47 AM 02-09-2014
I want an old wood rowboat to put in the yard for a sand box or playing pirate. Or I want a wood platform that could be a stage sailboat etc I also want a great water wall.
Laurel 10:02 AM 02-09-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
What's on your list of stuff you'd like or need right now? Even if it's consumables you run out of all the time? Or an indulgence you'll probably never but sure would be nice to have for dc?

A mirror. Kids love mirrors and all I have is a small one on the end of my toddler dress up thingie.
I'd love some way to decorate the playroom with more artwork and posters. The room is lined from corner to corner with windows and the others walls are filled with shelving. So pretty much no wall space.
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a door that goes directly into my backyard. We have to go out our front door and around the side of my house. Doing that with 2 dogs, 3 toddlers and 2 preschoolers is not much fun.
A camera, nothing fancy just a point and shoot. Mine busted and my dd lent me hers but it is terrible. I've missed all the crafts we used to do using pictures.

I am retiring in June so I am not going to buy anything but I am planning to use up things like consumables as the months progress. IF I was going to stay in business, I'd like a new double stroller. As it is my old one will be just fine.

Laurel
daycarediva 11:26 AM 02-09-2014
I want a new preschool locker shelf thingy. I am probably building one in the next few weeks.

Art supplies-

I'd LOVE a double sided easel (or 3 of them!)

different color markers (I typically buy the 8 color set because they don't last long)

paint-any and all kinds

paper- lots and lots of WHITE. It's all they use.

I NEED new nap mats, buying those this month.

more magnatiles, they love them but I only have 30ish pieces
blandino 11:29 AM 02-09-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:

We also have a room lined wall to wall with windows, and the other wall is brick - it makes hanging art tricky. Have you tried using the ceiling to hang things ? I also use the windows. This unit we have snowflakes and snowballs to hang on the windows, so it looks like it is snowing outside.

SAVE THOSE DRIED OUT MARKERS AND USE THEM FOR THIS:
http://www.thecraftycrow.net/2012/10...tercolors.html

I would really like a shatter proof mirror, for both the nursery and the big kids room. But they are so pricey !

I also would really like a circle time mat, with the actual spots for sitting on it. RIght now we have a circle time rug, but everyone just sits on the rug - I would love to be able to say "go sit on your spot".
CraftyMom 11:51 AM 02-09-2014
Originally Posted by blandino:

I also would really like a circle time mat, with the actual spots for sitting on it. RIght now we have a circle time rug, but everyone just sits on the rug - I would love to be able to say "go sit on your spot".
I bought some individual mats that we take out at circle time. They are about 18"x24" carpet pieces, perfect size for little tushies! I arrange them on the floor and the kids go to their spots, it's great! After circle time they stack them up (scored them for $1.99 each!)
BumbleBee 12:18 PM 02-09-2014
Mirror for the play area.
Wall easels.
Dress up clothes
Maria2013 01:38 PM 02-09-2014
1) ink, I can never have enough
2)A curriculum (that I actually like) that has ALL the worksheets, and art supply included
3) A grownup to talk to
4) nice play food and accessories for the new kitchen
Maria2013 01:42 PM 02-09-2014
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Wall easels.
why not using the special "easel" paint and make your own? I did, and I love it!
e.j. 04:17 PM 02-09-2014
When I'm dreaming big, I fantasize about having a separate entrance to the day care. Otherwise, I'd love to have rubber mulch in the play yard outside that doesn't have to be replaced every year or a play house for the kids to play in.
MarinaVanessa 04:22 PM 02-09-2014
More space ... a bigger house and yard. Then I'd have dedicated DC space inside. Outside I want a Jack & Jill slide which is just a hill covered in fake grass (astro turf I think it's called?) and a bunch of cardboard so we (myself included) can run up and slide down all day. It's been my dream .

Jack Sprat 04:30 PM 02-09-2014
Glue sticks
Paper all kinds we always are running out
Marker
Crayons
ink pads

area rug
shelving

dress up
more weebles (fave toy for the past 3 months)
more magnets
more blocks
wooden barn and animals

balance bikes (DH is making some)
quad stroller

Many of these things we are purchasing/making but it seems the list gets bigger and bigger!
Unregistered 07:28 PM 02-09-2014
A home with a bright naturally lit walk out basement with bathroom.

More hats.
Comfy seating of some sort for reading area.
Few more sets of stacking/nesting cups
A few construction type vehicles

Some sort of germ grenade that I can toss into the daycare at the end of the day, and magically have the entire room degermed for the start of next day.
Mister Sir Husband 07:41 PM 02-09-2014
I would like what I have been referring to as - a swing set on steroids. I found one on line that has it all... swings, slide, playhouse, sandbox, climbing wall, ropes, etc, etc.. It was about $2500.00, and is delivered by tractor trailer in 3 crates. The instructions state that it will take 2 people with moderate construction skills about 18-20 hours to assemble.
cheerfuldom 08:22 PM 02-09-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
We do lots of art projects, I am in constant need of art supplies! Glue sticks, crayons (the kids break them and then don't want to use the broken ones), washable paint and card stock are my most used items. Then stickers and doo-dads for collages.

My playroom is also lined with doors and walls, not much decorating space for posters and alphabet letters and such

And I would absolutely LOVE to install a fall zone so the kids could use our playscape. Big expense, maybe someday! For now they're fine with small slides and climb-ons
you should reuse your broken crayons to make new crayons!
cheerfuldom 08:28 PM 02-09-2014
I need boys dress up, magna tiles. More storage. A big table for projects. A big low table/long desk divided into work spaces for my school agers. More wooden and natural toys. Nice collection of play silks. Collection of nice sensory bins with a sensory table.

Repaint the playroom and replace the ceiling tiles with something nicer, not sure what yet.

We do have a dedicated bathroom and access to the backyard! But not direct access from the playroom to the front yard.
Sunshine74 09:16 PM 02-09-2014
Originally Posted by blandino:
I would love one of those. We are trying to teach our 2 year olds to sit on the edge of the rug. At least they will learn the meaning of a new word.

Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
I bought some individual mats that we take out at circle time. They are about 18"x24" carpet pieces, perfect size for little tushies! I arrange them on the floor and the kids go to their spots, it's great! After circle time they stack them up (scored them for $1.99 each!)
Where did you find them? I am thinking of looking for something at the dollar store (but I forget every time I'm there)

Originally Posted by MV:
More space ... a bigger house and yard. Then I'd have dedicated DC space inside. Outside I want a Jack & Jill slide which is just a hill covered in fake grass (astro turf I think it's called?) and a bunch of cardboard so we (myself included) can run up and slide down all day. It's been my dream .

That is so cool! I want one!

I would love a good set of wooden blocks, but they are so pricey. I also need to get another set or two of Bristle Builders. We have some now and they love them, but we don't have nearly enough. Also Bilio, but we would need at least 4 or 5 (or more) because those would definitely be a "hot" toy.

Someday I am going to make a light table. I have found so many tutorials that seem pretty simple.

One thing I would love which is on the "if we win the lottery" list is a bathroom between the older toddler and preschool rooms. Right now the bathrooms are down the hall and it is so inconvenient.
Nebula 02:32 AM 02-10-2014
I just would like an outdoor play area, fenced yard. Right now we have to go to the local city park... Our Landlord won't let us put a fence up, phooey

But as far as supplies or toys go- I would love to have lakeshore cubbies/lockers
Kelly 11:25 AM 02-10-2014
I would like to have a separate room for my daycare and since I am working on setting up a Montessori program I would like new tables, shelves and Montessori supplies.
mindi1314 12:52 PM 02-10-2014
I'd love to have a simple 10x10 area that could be sectioned off to be my home office inside my daycare space. I'd love to be able to print out things and enter my food program info during nap time. I'd love a new printer and more colored ink cartridges - or better yet, a color copier.

I'd love a big mural painted on one of my walls in daycare.

Smaller things I'd love:
* a large paper cutter - the kind that can straight cut up to legal size paper
* a light table
* a shoe cubby - the kind you find at places like McDonalds that have the play area and you store your shoes in them
* space for a full size refridgerator
* a child size vacuum that actually works.
daycarediva 03:41 PM 02-10-2014
Originally Posted by mindi1314:
I'd love to have a simple 10x10 area that could be sectioned off to be my home office inside my daycare space. I'd love to be able to print out things and enter my food program info during nap time. I'd love a new printer and more colored ink cartridges - or better yet, a color copier.

I'd love a big mural painted on one of my walls in daycare.

Smaller things I'd love:
* a large paper cutter - the kind that can straight cut up to legal size paper
* a light table
* a shoe cubby - the kind you find at places like McDonalds that have the play area and you store your shoes in them
* space for a full size refridgerator
* a child size vacuum that actually works.
I have a $55 color copier that is AMAZING and I LOVE. It's available at Walmart and comes with two full size ink cartridges. ETA-it's also a printer, is small enough to fit on my desk. If you're interested, I can get the make and model for you.

We have a shoe cubby for our bounce house outside in summer, it is made from PVC pipes spray painted bright colors and liquid nail-ed together. It has held up for 5 years.
TwinKristi 04:50 PM 02-10-2014
I'd like to get a double umbrella stroller, a nice play rug for the living room, another toy storage set up, a 5pt harness booster carseat, some foam floor mats... I could go on and on. LOL
missy 06:04 AM 02-11-2014
I would like to have a Director who is independently wealthy and wants to work for free:-)
Tags:daycare - bucket list
Reply Up