Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Amazing video of Helen Keller
CraftyMom 07:39 AM 08-31-2014
I saw this today. Just amazing!

I posted it for my daycare parents, saying the following: "Don't ever let your children tell you they can't do something. They can! If Helen Keller, being blind, deaf and mute can learn to talk, imagine what our children can do!"

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203116147602146
BrooklynM 08:33 AM 08-31-2014
That is amazing. Wow, I remember seeing a Helen Keller movie, but with actors, I've never seen this. That is incredible!
sugar buzz 09:56 AM 08-31-2014
Thank you so much for posting this. I've been wanting to quit school daily because I've been out of the loop for so long. This was so inspiring for me--off to write that darn paper.....
Laurel 01:28 PM 08-31-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
I saw this today. Just amazing!

I posted it for my daycare parents, saying the following: "Don't ever let your children tell you they can't do something. They can! If Helen Keller, being blind, deaf and mute can learn to talk, imagine what our children can do!"

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203116147602146
Thank you! That was really awesome to watch.

Laurel
Josiegirl 05:36 AM 09-01-2014
Truly amazing teacher and student! I wish kids these days would 'look up' to these kinds of people for inspiration and courage. Helen Keller and Annie Sullivan were patient, loving, compassionate, real, and kind people.
daycarediva 05:53 AM 09-01-2014
That's incredible! I can't believe more speech therapists haven't tried to replicate her technique.

Can you imagine how frustrating Helen Keller's life was before she was able to communicate? My dd did a report on her, and has since become fascinated with her. She compared the tantrums that Helen had as a child to the ones that we see the autistic students display when we volunteer with ds.
NightOwl 08:42 AM 09-01-2014
I tried this with the hand placement and it really works well! The vibrations are very distinct from each other.
Kelly 01:39 PM 09-01-2014
Thanks so much for posting this! I first heard of Helen Keller when I was 7 and read a biography about her. Annie Sullivan became my inspiration to become a special ed teacher and probably had something to do with my adopting 3 kids with disabilities too.

My dad met Helen Keller at a fair when he was a boy. She put her hand on his face like that when he told her his name and she said, "It's nice to meet you, John."
CraftyMom 05:23 PM 09-01-2014
Originally Posted by Kelly:
Thanks so much for posting this! I first heard of Helen Keller when I was 7 and read a biography about her. Annie Sullivan became my inspiration to become a special ed teacher and probably had something to do with my adopting 3 kids with disabilities too.

My dad met Helen Keller at a fair when he was a boy. She put her hand on his face like that when he told her his name and she said, "It's nice to meet you, John."
That's awesome!
Reply Up