Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help With A Schedule
Kelly 07:36 PM 12-07-2013
I am legally unlicensed. I can have up to 3 dcks at a time but currently only have one. I'm not going to try to get any more for a couple months due to some issues with my adult special needs son that I'm dealing with.

My little dcb will be 2 in December; I've had him since he was 7m. He is here 3 days a week for 13 hours a day (dcm works 12-hr shifts.) He is a really great little guy and like part of the family.

The problem is I'm pretty lax with having any kind of schedule--basically he plays and I watch him. Sometimes he brings me things to play with him or a book to read him. When we go outside he just wants me to push him in the swing. He naps about 2 hrs in the afternoon. I don't usually let dcks watch TV but I do let him watch a little in the evening when we're waiting for his mom because he has a such a long day here. I think we're both getting kind of bored with everything.

I would like to do some things like circle time, music, play dough, sensory activities, etc. especially now that he is not so bad about putting everything in his mouth. But it's kind of awkward with just one dck. Usually it ends up with him sitting and watching me like I'm crazy. It's also hard for me to make myself stick to a routine since it's only 3 days a week. I think it would make the day go faster though and it would be good to have a schedule already in place when I am able to take on a couple more dcks.

Any suggestions for setting up a good daily schedule?
Maria2013 08:19 AM 12-08-2013
easy things that you could plan for in your daily schedule could be: fitness ....I use "walk away the pounds aerobic CD, it is upbeat and easy for the kids to follow, we do it every day and the kids love it

craft...you can make craft with just about anything, kids love to cut and glue and make things out of things...lots of fun and makes the time go by fast
Square one 08:29 AM 12-08-2013
Maybe you could add "art" as a daily activity. He's at a great age to start finger painting & coloring. Also, you could purchase a game or two that you could play together. Zingo has been a huge hit here with the kids. It's basically bingo. When they are little, I don't even try to teach the concept of three in a row wins. We just try to cover the card. I am amazed at how quickly young ones are able to play this game.
I'm not much a singer at all so I created a play list on youtube of tons of kid songs. My kids love gathering around it & we sing the songs. They especially love ones that also use hand motions.
Best of luck to you!
Margarete 11:45 AM 12-08-2013
I love the Zingo game. It has the words of the items on it each tile, so it's also a great way of introducing some early word recognition, while having fun!
Reply Up