Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Saga Continues- Late DCM, I Wasn't Home..... :) She Wants To End Care...
Crystal 12:50 PM 04-17-2013
Originally Posted by MyNana23:
So the dcm can be rude/ignorant and NEVER let the provider know ahead of time if she's going to be late or not come but just let the provider have an emergency ONE time, have to leave and SHE'S the bad guy???

The day I was called to the hospital because my father was dying, I quickly called my neighbor to see if she could keep the kids I had here...I dropped them with her, raced to the hospital to spend the last 5 minutes I'd ever have with my Dad, and didn't leave a note on the door or call any of the parents...it was an emergency...was I ignorant or thoughtless for not calling?? Apparently -- according to some of the posts on here I guess I was ...cell phones weren't around then so I couldn't text..

If parents don't show up more than an hour past when they're supposed to be here, I would assume that they aren't coming and if I had things going on for the kids or a field trip to do, I wouldn't be calling or waiting around..why should that be MY responsibility?? They know when I am expecting them and if they make a habit of never coming at the usual time, then it's on THEIR shoulders to contact ME!
You are comparing apples to oranges here. The provider did not have this sort of emergency.
Crystal 12:52 PM 04-17-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
some of you guys kill me, whats the difference between this parent not showing up to drop her child off and a parent who is schedualed for an interview and doesn't show up. I don't know how many times I have read how angry some of you get and how some of you leave the house when they don't show up. I have never read a person sending a text to the parent to see where they are at, so you can sit and wait. Whats the difference between the two. NOTHING. Schedual time means COME ON TIME.
Oh and who ever called the op unprofessional, your the one thats unprofessional for not supporting a fellow worker wether you agree with her disicion or not.
FTR....I haven't said that, so this does not include me. I have never has a no-show to an interview. And, I do beleive that the vast majority of provders with a no show interview WOULD call them to see what's up.

And, no I am not being unprofessional by not supporting a fellow provider. I support what I beleive is right and fair. I don't support every provider and I don't support every parent. It depends on the circumstance, not the person.
Crystal 12:54 PM 04-17-2013
Originally Posted by MyNana23:
I just wanted to add ...on the day my father died, my first thought was NOT to worry about if some parent was going to be "inconvenienced" just as it wasn't my first thought to leave a note on the door, nor was it a thought to waste precious time I didn't have calling each one...my first thought was: "I.AM.NEVER. EVER.GOING .TO.GET.TO.SEE.MY.DADDY.AGAIN. !!!!!!!

I have the world's most awesome neighbors...they took the kids in, called their parents, fed them, laid them down for naps, provided diapers for the baby...all with NO thought of payment or anything else...THEY were the people I felt bad for inconveniencing...
Of course not.

BTW, I don't know when your father passed, but I would like to send my condolences. I am sorry for your loss
Crystal 12:58 PM 04-17-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
This was the first time I had even ever met the little guy! 4mo old baby!! alone!!! wth!!!
He was left alone, or your Mom was there?

And, that's crazy. Did she just abandon him, or did she come back?
Crystal 01:02 PM 04-17-2013
Going back to the original post, the Mom's reason for being late was that she was stuck in traffic. Do you not allow late arrivals due to traffic, or is it only if Mom hung out at home with the kid?
MarinaVanessa 01:08 PM 04-17-2013
I would like to know where DCM lives that she would be stuck in traffic for almost an hour past her drop-off time . Does she live farther away from you and maybe you are closer to her work in case of an emergency? Is this a reason why she is constantly late?
Crystal 01:10 PM 04-17-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I would like to know where DCM lives that she would be stuck in traffic for almost an hour past her drop-off time . Does she live farther away from you and maybe you are closer to her work in case of an emergency? Is this a reason why she is constantly late?
haha.....I was thinking that too.....but here that could easily happen, only it would be in the evening at pick up time because the parents live closer to me than their work is. There have been MANY times parents (and even I) have been in stuck in traffic for an hour or more here......fortunately they all have other people available to pick up their kids!
1 2
Reply Up