Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Field Trip
Ac114 05:09 AM 09-30-2019
It’s extremely rare that I get the opportunity to take the daycare kids on a field trip or really ever leave my house with the daycare kids. The twins I watch will be on vacation the 3rd week of October and I will be left with 3/4’s. I would like to take this opportunity to go on a field trip to the pumpkin patch. However, I have a child that goes to preschool for 2.5 hrs a day and gets off the bus at 12:30. Do I inform his parents that he is more than welcome to join us on the field trip but if they choose to send him to school they will need to find other arrangements for getting him off the bus or do I even fool with the field trip? I do believe they will just let him skip school that day but I don’t want us to have to leave the trip at 11:30 to make sure we are home in time to grab DCB off the bus. Your thoughts?
Blackcat31 06:50 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Ac114:
It’s extremely rare that I get the opportunity to take the daycare kids on a field trip or really ever leave my house with the daycare kids. The twins I watch will be on vacation the 3rd week of October and I will be left with 3/4’s. I would like to take this opportunity to go on a field trip to the pumpkin patch. However, I have a child that goes to preschool for 2.5 hrs a day and gets off the bus at 12:30. Do I inform his parents that he is more than welcome to join us on the field trip but if they choose to send him to school they will need to find other arrangements for getting him off the bus or do I even fool with the field trip? I do believe they will just let him skip school that day but I don’t want us to have to leave the trip at 11:30 to make sure we are home in time to grab DCB off the bus. Your thoughts?
Personally, I would just tell the family with the preschooler that they need to find alternate care arrangements for after school that day.

Take the kiddos that are with you all day to the pumpkin patch! Have fun and don't stress about other families situations with preschool etc...
CountryRoads 09:24 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Personally, I would just tell the family with the preschooler that they need to find alternate care arrangements for after school that day.

Take the kiddos that are with you all day to the pumpkin patch! Have fun and don't stress about other families situations with preschool etc...
I would do this as well.

How fun! I bet the kids are gonna love it!
Ariana 09:43 AM 09-30-2019
Agreed! Give them the option of skipping school and joining or getting alternate pickup arrangements. I feel like they will for sure want him to go!

Enjoy
DaveA 11:15 AM 09-30-2019
I would tell DCPs he could either skip preschool and take him on the field trip or they would have to find other arrangements for the day. DCP will probably want him to go with you on the field trip.

Enjoy!
Tags:field trip
Reply Up