Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ok Never Thought This Could Happen
Michelle 12:00 PM 05-01-2014
So, today we took the kids to a play place and we noticed this guy sitting on a couch alone with his ipad and he had no children with him.
At first we thought " no big deal, can't think everyones a weirdo"
Then I walked over there and his couch was right under the stairs for the kids to climb up the play set. I looked over and this little girl was wearing a dress and panties with no shorts. She was spider crawling up the steps.

So I told my dh and he went over there to talk to him.
He just asked him questions like , so do you have kids in here etc.
He said "no, I just like to be in here because it's so quiet"
This is an indoor play place..o.k?
So, we just watched for a few minutes and we never saw him aim his tablet at the stairs but we couldn't watch him the whole time.
We had all of our kids in there.
So, I went to talk to the manager and as soon as he saw me, the manager, and another employee coming back, he got up and left immediately.
The manager thanked me a lot and said he never thought of this.
I always think of these kinds of things sadly because of the wicked world we live in.
The manager moved the couches and chairs right away to the other side of the room and he said he will review the security cameras today.
I am so glad that I took action.

I remember a year ago or so I didn't act when this kid was walking around alone at Burger King and even went out in the parking lot.
I just carried him around asking whose kid it was.
Now, after being a member on this site, growing a back bone, and some confidence I have become quite the child advocate .
SunshineMama 12:06 PM 05-01-2014
Thats sick. Im glad that you did something about it!
NoMoreJuice! 12:24 PM 05-01-2014
What a creeper! Good for you!!
Kabob 12:31 PM 05-01-2014
I had a similar situation when one of my teenage employees said a customer asked if he could take pictures of her while she was cleaning. As in bending over. Or on her knees. I kicked him out. My boss told me I was rude and allowed him back. Then he started following little 5 yo girls around the restaurant. Parents were livid and cops were called and then parents quit bringing their kids there. Long story short: glad someone took the situation seriously. That sounded mighty odd...
Michelle 12:33 PM 05-01-2014
Originally Posted by Kabob:
I had a similar situation when one of my teenage employees said a customer asked if he could take pictures of her while she was cleaning. As in bending over. Or on her knees. I kicked him out. My boss told me I was rude and allowed him back. Then he started following little 5 yo girls around the restaurant. Parents were livid and cops were called and then parents quit bringing their kids there. Long story short: glad someone took the situation seriously. That sounded mighty odd...
wow!
I guess that employer cared more about money
Kabob 12:36 PM 05-01-2014
Originally Posted by Michelle:
wow!
I guess that employer cared more about money
Which is one of the many reasons why I left and started my own daycare.
Michelle 12:52 PM 05-01-2014
Originally Posted by Kabob:
Which is one of the many reasons why I left and started my own daycare.

Reply Up