Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Your Creativity
Thriftylady 08:10 AM 06-15-2016
My kids love "preforming" for each other. They use the hula hoops and stuff and practice for a "show" for their friends, sometimes they have challenges and a judge. I was thinking maybe I could put together a circus or something for them to preform for each other. But my creativity is flopped. I think being summer I have over used it or something. Any ideas of things they can do to "preform" for each other.
Unregistered 08:24 AM 06-15-2016
Have them choose a book to act out. They can figure out what props they need and how to stage it, who plays what role, etc.
We've done this to the extent that kids have made programs, tickets, arranged seating, and invited parents and grandparents.
Unregistered 08:27 AM 06-15-2016
Stage the Olympics. They can figure out events, make ribbons, set up start & finish lines, etc.
Blackcat31 08:31 AM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Any ideas of things they can do to "preform" for each other.
ask them...

If you have SA children they should be perfectly capable of coming up with their own creative ideas to share.
Ariana 02:45 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
ask them...

If you have SA children they should be perfectly capable of coming up with their own creative ideas to share.
This! You will be over run with ideas
Laurel 04:06 PM 06-17-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
ask them...

Laurel 04:15 PM 06-17-2016
Also want to add, step back and let them do it. I am watching my granddaughter (age 10) this summer and we are doing traveling around the U.S. We are doing New York and picked Broadway Shows. So she wanted to act out a play of some sort. In my mind, I imagined it being a big ordeal with writing out a play, figuring out costumes, etc. Then she said that she would write it. So it turned out to be once scene and she called it 'The Duel'. No costumes but two actresses (me and her). I was going to lose the duel (of course) and I had exactly 3 words to say (although I did do a sentence of two of narration) and 2 of them were "I surrender." Lol! Two rulers were the swords and we didn't have any audience and she doesn't want to do it in front of an audience. We had a lot of fun because she enjoyed how I 'died' so wanted to switch roles. It turned out really cute.

You might make suggestions if asked but mostly just let them do it.
nothingwithoutjoy 05:54 PM 06-17-2016
I wouldn't plan it for them. They'll have plenty of ideas! But I would supply the environment with stuff that might support what they're doing. I added a solid (no gaps between boards) pallet to our yard, which immediately became "the stage." You could hang a curtain in a doorway, or outdoors. If they're doing hula hoops and making you think "circus," you could pull out other circus-y things: clown nose, stilts, sparkly costumes (I had a group once that was into the circus. Parents came one evening and we all made hula hoops, juggling sticks, and sparkly open-ended costume parts. The kids were 2-5 years old. Now, they're 8-11 years old, and they STILL reprieve their circus play every summer when they return! It was that big of a hit.)
CalCare 07:19 AM 06-18-2016
If you have some way (safe) of bringing a big mirror out, that is a fun extra for "show" type play. They can see themselves. Also if you set up a big blanket or something for the stage and then put whatever chairs you have as the audience, I bet they would figure out what to do on their own right away. Want to go above and beyond? face paint...!
Thriftylady 06:07 AM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by CalCare:
If you have some way (safe) of bringing a big mirror out, that is a fun extra for "show" type play. They can see themselves. Also if you set up a big blanket or something for the stage and then put whatever chairs you have as the audience, I bet they would figure out what to do on their own right away. Want to go above and beyond? face paint...!
I wonder if my parents would kill me over face paint lol.
Tags:circus, creative ideas
Reply Up