Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Closing Daycare is Much Needed!
Unregistered 07:51 AM 10-19-2015
So I have been lurking, but wanted to say thanks I didn't feel so alone in this. But I started daycare license exempt and took a few kids to be inclusive to special needs kids. I have a massive background in high special medical needs. Any woo I am closing because great job opportunities for us, family needs more money, and my daycare parents can't get their **** together( $30 a day in late fees you would think they could be on time) and I haven't been able to replace. So it's come down to closing and being happier. I only have to work part time evenings instead of 60+hours. My parents are upset while I'm happy and excited. Will miss the kids but damn I have had some crazy parents. Any way wanted to happy dance some where without sideeye
daycare 07:57 AM 10-19-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
So I have been lurking, but wanted to say thanks I didn't feel so alone in this. But I started daycare license exempt and took a few kids to be inclusive to special needs kids. I have a massive background in high special medical needs. Any woo I am closing because great job opportunities for us, family needs more money, and my daycare parents can't get their **** together( $30 a day in late fees you would think they could be on time) and I haven't been able to replace. So it's come down to closing and being happier. I only have to work part time evenings instead of 60+hours. My parents are upset while I'm happy and excited. Will miss the kids but damn I have had some crazy parents. Any way wanted to happy dance some where without sideeye
as we can all agree that the hardest thing about doing this job is the parents. AND I am not saying that in a bad way.

I said that if i ever find a bus load of orphans It will be my lucky pot of gold.

Welcome to the board, hope you enjoy your new job...
KidGrind 09:06 AM 10-19-2015
Congratulations! I hope is works out for you and your family. I am about to close too, due to a move. I’m planning on reopening in a new state. I am looking forward to the break.
Gemma 10:33 AM 10-19-2015
I'm happy for you, good luck!
Play Care 10:51 AM 10-19-2015
Yay!!

I have been incredibly blessed from the get go to have good families and mostly teachers, or upper level white collar employees, so my days are shorter than most and I get lots of time off. If I had to work the hours that some providers work and never get the time off I want/ need, I wouldn't continue doing this either.
lovemykidstoo 12:49 PM 10-19-2015
Good for you!! So what is your new job?
Unregistered 08:18 PM 10-19-2015
New job is a residential coordinator for high medical needs children in a, mostly I will train or schedule trainings and do the nursing schedule. I have multiple degrees, I could always branch out and try things.
Most of my families where special needs teachers themselves, or parents that were refered through the school. So it is still beyond me the amount of disrespect they show. Even today one parents mentioned that I don't know what I'm missing or how it is in the real world. So this is a much needed break
Reply Up