Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Smoking Sign
lovemykidstoo 07:12 PM 07-22-2018
I know I have to have a no smoking sign up for licensing, but I"ll admit I don't. My business is in my home and noone smokes here, on the property during business or after business. I just don't like that idea of having that sign by my front door. What ways do you display the sign? I'm open to ideas. If I had anyone ever smoke here I'd be worried about it, but in 17 years I haven't had it once.
Pandaluver21 08:08 PM 07-22-2018
I have a cross stitch picture that says "thank you for not smoking!"
Nobody smokes in my home, ever. Wouldn't allow it even if I didn't have the daycare :P
DaveA 03:53 AM 07-23-2018
I just put mine on the parent board with all the other required stuff.
lovemykidstoo 04:27 AM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by DaveA:
I just put mine on the parent board with all the other required stuff.
That's what I tried to do before, but my board is in my playroom and not everyone goes that far into the house, so not sure if that would be allowed. I'm going to ask though when I get inspected.
284878 03:59 AM 07-23-2018
My sign is in the entryway just below the remove shoes sign. They are just laminated pieces of paper.
However I have posted the sign in a photo frame before.
I have heard of a provider using a cork board to post anything that she was required to post, then during the off hours, flipping the board over to reveal a picture.
lovemykidstoo 04:28 AM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by 284878:
My sign is in the entryway just below the remove shoes sign. They are just laminated pieces of paper.
However I have posted the sign in a photo frame before.
I have heard of a provider using a cork board to post anything that she was required to post, then during the off hours, flipping the board over to reveal a picture.
I love the idea of it being the back to a regular picture. I do have a little table right by the front door that is right where parents drop off. That just may work! It doesn't have to be outside then right?
Annalee 04:50 AM 07-23-2018
I have a small oval wood hanging plaque that says no smoking that I put on the door. It kind of hangs in the middle of a large kiddie alphabet wreath so it can be seen but disguised a little as well.
lovemykidstoo 05:02 AM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I have a small oval wood hanging plaque that says no smoking that I put on the door. It kind of hangs in the middle of a large kiddie alphabet wreath so it can be seen but disguised a little as well.
I found this on Etsy. That kinda reminded me of your idea.

What do you guys think. Does it have to be more apparent than this or would this work. It's about 4 X 4
Attached: nosmoking.jpg (107.9 KB) 
284878 02:14 PM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I love the idea of it being the back to a regular picture. I do have a little table right by the front door that is right where parents drop off. That just may work! It doesn't have to be outside then right?
Nope, just posted.

Personally I don't mind the no smoking sign. ( I blame the state and now my in-laws must take their cigarette butts home, instead of leaving them in my yard.)
What I didn't like was the Exit signs.
I have one leaning on the window in the basement and a sign above the my main entrance in the mud room.
lovemykidstoo 07:20 PM 07-23-2018
Nope, just posted.

Personally I don't mind the no smoking sign. ( I blame the state and now my in-laws must take their cigarette butts home, instead of leaving them in my yard.)
I have one leaning on the window in the basement and a sign above the my main entrance in the mud room.
What type of daycare do you have? Family/Group/Center?
Josiegirl 02:37 AM 07-24-2018
Nope, just posted.

Evidently we're required to have an exit sign too. Plus a fire extinguisher right near the exit door. I don't have a sign and my extinguisher is still in the kitchen. I'm waiting for a licensing visit so I can argue about it. I have a family home dc. The exit is *right there* and the kitchen is about 12' from the exit. Where do most fires occur? My guess is in the kitchen. And who, once they reach the exit, is going to grab the extinguisher to fight a fire??

A no smoking sign?? Hmmm, have no idea if that's required too. As you can tell, ever since they've changed the state regs. I'm right up on top of them.
lovemykidstoo 04:26 AM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
I have a cross stitch picture that says "thank you for not smoking!"
Nobody smokes in my home, ever. Wouldn't allow it even if I didn't have the daycare :P
I don't either and actually I just have 1 family (sil) that does smoke, so it's not an issue at all.
Tags:no smoking sign, signs -front door, smoking
Reply Up