Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Had To Do It............
daycare 08:35 AM 10-24-2013
I am sure most of you have already heard this, but wanted to share. It's super silly and very kid friendly.....NOt to mention catchy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE
MCC 08:38 AM 10-24-2013
My husband showed me this last week! On Monday, he was asking DCG (2.5) what different animals said, and got to fox and she jumped up and started dancing singing the way the fox does in that video...so funny!
Blackcat31 09:13 AM 10-24-2013
I won't even click into the video.... I saw this a while back and seriously if I have to hear it again, I will stab a pencil in my ear.

Want something stuck in your head forever? Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msAnINDgztA

Where does this stuff come from?
daycarediva 10:03 AM 10-24-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I won't even click into the video.... I saw this a while back and seriously if I have to hear it again, I will stab a pencil in my ear.
for real. My son with asd has this memorized and has been scripting it for DAYS. My ears are bleeding. I almost wish he would go back to Rebecca Black's Friday, or Justin Bieber's Baby.
mema 11:35 AM 10-24-2013
Aaaahhh, NO! My ds came home from school a month ago singing this song. His health teacher showed it to them-thanks teach. There are not enough drinks in the world for me to want to hear it again. It is also on the radio and there are t-shirts out in stores with foxes.
daycare 11:39 AM 10-24-2013
we bought a pretty pricey costume for my son and after seeing this a few weeks ago, now he wants to be a fox. Dad said yes and I am now mad at daddy....lol

OH well...... what does the fox say....................lol
BrooklynM 11:42 AM 10-24-2013
I love it! We play it all of the time! Sometimes I feel bad that its about weed, but the kids don't need to know that.
WImom 11:52 AM 10-24-2013
My 10.5y old DD is obsessed with this song. She sings it all the time. I haven't showed the DC kids yet. I bet they would like it though.
WImom 11:53 AM 10-24-2013

Want something stuck in your head forever? Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msAnINDgztA

Where does this stuff come from?
LOL at the ear stabbing comment.

My DC kids always ask for the gummy bear song!
Blackcat31 12:05 PM 10-24-2013
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
I love it! We play it all of the time! Sometimes I feel bad that its about weed, but the kids don't need to know that.

I have never heard that before...where did that info come from?

I watched an interview with Ylvis and according to them it is nothing more than a silly song about what a fox says....

NO reference was made about other meanings...

"This song is made for a TV show and is supposed to entertain a few Norwegians for three minutes — and that's all. It was done just a few days ago and we recently had a screening in our office. About 10 people watched — nobody laughed."— Bård Ylvisåker talking about THE FOX

http://www.ylvis.com/blog/the_fox/
BrooklynM 06:40 PM 10-24-2013

I have never heard that before...where did that info come from?

I watched an interview with Ylvis and according to them it is nothing more than a silly song about what a fox says....

NO reference was made about other meanings...

"This song is made for a TV show and is supposed to entertain a few Norwegians for three minutes — and that's all. It was done just a few days ago and we recently had a screening in our office. About 10 people watched — nobody laughed."— Bård Ylvisåker talking about THE FOX

http://www.ylvis.com/blog/the_fox/
They said it on the Ellen show. In Norway, they refer to weed as a Fox. Here is a link to the interview where they talk about it: http://youtu.be/DgelSXmBII8
countrymom 06:47 PM 10-24-2013
really, because the teacher at school said that the kids couldn't sing it because the song was bad. Big deal, its about weed, last year a 8th grader brought weed to school and decided to sell it on the front lawn. Oh and my dd said that they all knew about it because he smelled like weed, and teachers are worried about a song.
BrooklynM 06:53 PM 10-24-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
really, because the teacher at school said that the kids couldn't sing it because the song was bad. Big deal, its about weed, last year a 8th grader brought weed to school and decided to sell it on the front lawn. Oh and my dd said that they all knew about it because he smelled like weed, and teachers are worried about a song.
Exactly. I could care less what it is about, it's what it means to you. It's a fun song that the kids like and they have no idea what they are talking about.

My husband and I sleep with our dog Molly and the other day he said, that at work he said in a meeting that we sleep with Molly, and he had to say, the dog, not the drug, lol. HA!
Childminder 07:04 PM 10-24-2013
My daughter put this as the ring tone when I call her. Love it! it does kind of stick in your brain though doesn't it?
craftymissbeth 07:12 PM 10-24-2013
I absolutely love this song lol but I guess I am kind of weird
Blackcat31 08:18 PM 10-24-2013
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
They said it on the Ellen show. In Norway, they refer to weed as a Fox. Here is a link to the interview where they talk about it: http://youtu.be/DgelSXmBII8
Thank goodness none of my DCK's watch Ellen.
e.j. 07:08 AM 10-25-2013
When I showed it to my dc kids, one laughed so hard she almost fell off her chair. Everytime I hear "What Does the Fox Say?", I think of her reaction. It makes hearing it over and over again a little easier to take.
daycare 08:51 AM 10-25-2013
Thank goodness none of my DCK's watch Ellen.
my husband and I had no clue.....we kept saying wow this is soooooooo weird, there has to be something about it, we could never put our finger on it...
thetoddlerwhisper 09:08 AM 10-25-2013
my dck like it. good get up and move tune but does get stuck easily
Blackcat31 09:15 AM 10-25-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
my husband and I had no clue.....we kept saying wow this is soooooooo weird, there has to be something about it, we could never put our finger on it...
If you watch the interview, the guys who wrote it say they wrote it simply to be silly.

In my opinion, it wasn't purposely written about marijuana... from their comments, it appears that it was not intentional....it was just a coincidence.

I agree though....it is weird but probably just because it is.
Childminder 07:20 PM 10-25-2013
Just to the dentist and the dental assistant and I had a conversation about a song that was popular when I was in high school that came across the musak. She is probably in her late 20's, had heard the song often but never paid attention to the words, she was stunned as she actually heard what they were singing.

This is a song that we sang a LOT, over the decades kids have sung it, still do and is one that gets stuck in your head. It contains words of drugs, sex, transvestites, prostitutes, etc...been used in multiple commercials for HP, Honda, and even a zoo.

Trust me the "What does the fox say?" is harmless and the littles will never figure out it has anything to do with drugs.

Doo do doo do doo do do doo...
Reply Up