Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>DCM Didn't Sign Transportation Consent
MarinaVanessa 02:15 PM 07-01-2011
I have a newer DC family at the moment that when they signed up DCM didnt want to sign the transportation consent form because she said she didn't feel comfortable having him driven around. It wasn't a big thing then (about a month ago) or anything to be concerned about since we walk everywhere anyway. Last month was kind of a muggy month for us so instead of walking to the park we would take short walks within my condo complex and take balls and toys with us and that has worked out.

Today the weather was beautiful and a little warmer than usual and the kids wanted to walk to the park. I packed my 7mo DS in the double stroller, the front was empty and I took a front carrier with us just in case. My 2 DCBs (21mo and 19mo), 3yo DCG and 6yo DD walked which is normal for us. Well the park is a 10 minute walk from my home and where we usually go it's 3 minutes tops. We make it to the park and play for an hour and on our way back DCBs both are tired so I took DS out and put him in the carrier and pushed the double stroller with 2 almost two-year olds. Let me tell you I am 100% convinced that this is NOT going to work. I was so tired when we got back that I was fighting to stay awake while kids napped.

On top of that we had a great arrangement in the am during school where my SIL would pick DD up and take her to school (my nephew goes to the same school). Well she has moved and will no longer be doing that. 20 minutes after this conversation and my DH calls to tell me that he will no longer be able to take a late lunch to pick DD up from school to bring her home. So that leaves me stuck with taking her and picking her up from school starting next month.

So my dilemma is how to approach the subject with DCM about allowing me to transport her son. Not only would I like to be able to drop off and pick up my DD but I'd like to be able to drive the kids to the park instead of walking vi should add that I live in a condo and we don't have a backyard just a small back patio. The kids love to go to the park and I would hate to keep our walks to only the green grassy area within our complex.

I need to figure out how to word my conversation so that she feels good about having me drive them. I don't want her to go elsewhere but ultimately if she doesn't change her mind then I'll have to let her go next month. I need to convince her to allow vehicle transportation AND to stay lol. Any ideas? I was thinking I would bake her some cookies first lol.
Tags:choose appropriate childcare, choose the right provider, enforcing policies - consistency, insurance, risk management, transportation, transportation permission slip, unreasonable parental expectations
Up