Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>1% or Skim Milk, only, after 24 months?
Cat Herder 04:53 AM 08-25-2014
How do you get your clients to go along with this?

My clients think it is ludicrous. ALL. OF. THEM. have asked for whole milk.

I am told (USDA Monitoring Guide, FCC Homes) that meals including it (whole milk) after age 2 are disallowed for reimbursement. If so, then the same meals would not be allowed to be counted for tax reasons (annual meal counts). Really?

I know I could have them all write a bogus medical form, or give whole milk to the kids outside of meal times, but at what point has the line been crossed? And in which direction....
NightOwl 05:06 AM 08-25-2014
Have you tried explaining the scientific reasons behind it? Kids no longer need whole milk after 2. They only need it before 2 because they require the extra fat content needed for brain development. After 2, it's just extra fat in their diets.
MotherNature 05:10 AM 08-25-2014
WIC does the same thing. Though, my son is diagnosed w/ failure to thrive b/c of his size, so he has the medical exemption for whole milk, pediasure, extra calories... I'd just print out some info & give it to all the parents. If they want whole milk, they can provide it. I had a family bring in their own raw organic milk. I'll use it if they pay for it.
Angelsj 05:29 AM 08-25-2014
I do not think that is true about tax reimbursement. We don't have to follow food program guidelines to get the tax write off for meals. Tom should probably pop in and verify, but if that is true, it is a very new rule. I have been serving whole milk my entire career and the IRS has never asked.

This is only one of many reasons I do not use the food program. I will not serve 1% milk. I only serve whole milk and I am not debating with a food rep about it constantly. As a matter of fact, this was the single issue that broke the camel's back.
Cat Herder 05:33 AM 08-25-2014
Thanks MN.

I really don't mind providing it since I use it for cooking anyway. Recipes using skim milk are lackluster at best... I also provide formula so moving from that to whole milk is a huge expense reduction for me.

Basically, I don't want to loose the meal count tax write offs and I want to accommodate my clients request for their own children.

I have no over weight kids here. If I did it would make sense for that child's needs. Granted, I would add more PE instead of limiting food choice, but you get my point.
Play Care 05:38 AM 08-25-2014
I have never had a parent request I serve their over 2's whole milk.
I do keep 1% just for day care. I will only drink whole milk - I found that when I was doing 1% with dinner I would be starving within an hour of eating. Drinking a cup of whole milk helps me stay full. I still have an evening snack after my kids go to bed - But it's ONE snack, not the three or four I was having

I would caution against serving whole if you are on the FP and claiming you are serving 1% or skim. If you get caught, it's fraud. I serve milk with two meals, and only the smallest serving size. If their parents want them to have whole, they could always give them a cup before day care, one with dinner and one before bed in order to get their daily serving size in.
melilley 05:44 AM 08-25-2014
In order to get reimbursed, technically. you only have to offer a component. You could always buy the smallest container of 1% and offer the minimum amount and give whole along with it. I agree with MN though, I would have parents supply the whole milk since you are already buying the other milk.
Just an idea.
Cat Herder 05:51 AM 08-25-2014
Thanks Ladies.. I have been serving whole and 2% based on the clients request for years. I have also been filing my taxes without issue..

I am in an ECCE class and this topic came up. I am not on the food program, so I did not think that the % of milk I serve could affect my taxes (annual meal count). The instructor disagreed and had me read the entire Guide.

It is clear as mud.
craftymissbeth 05:52 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
In order to get reimbursed, technically. you only have to offer a component. You could always buy the smallest container of 1% and offer the minimum amount and give whole along with it. I agree with MN though, I would have parents supply the whole milk since you are already buying the other milk.
Just an idea.

I've only had one family ask for whole milk and I had her provide it. As far as the FP, I can't remember, but her son must have been under 2 because they said it was fine to serve whole.

I serve 1% to all of the dck's to lower food costs, but I only serve the minimum anyway. Really, a half cup of milk or so twice a day is an extremely small amount. Here I serve them the minimum and then they have unlimited water. I have kids that will fill up on milk and not eat, though.
Cat Herder 05:58 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
It is because of the research correlating inadequate fat intake in toddlers being directly linked to poor brain development. They want to wait until 5 for low fat milk.

Their point is valid... **the research says it (limiting fat intake) is ok after 2 but they feel this number has more to do with politics than their child's individual needs.

My clients are school admins, teachers, public safety and medical staff.
Play Care 06:14 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
It is because of the research correlating inadequate fat intake in toddlers being directly linked to poor brain development. They want to wait until 5 for low fat milk.

Their point is valid... **the research says it (limiting fat intake) is ok after 2 but they feel this number has more to do with politics than their child's individual needs.

My clients are school admins, teachers, public safety and medical staff.
Don't get me wrong, I cringe at having to serve 1%. But I also think they get so little diary here that I wouldn't be comfortable "fibbing" for two smallish servings (given the consequences...). I honestly don't think most of my parents feel their child is here long enough to make those requests, KWIM. Most of my clients are teachers, social workers, etc. Their days here are bare minimum (usually!)
Cat Herder 06:23 AM 08-25-2014
[quote=Play Care;489541][quote=Cat Herder;489538]

Don't get me wrong, I cringe at having to serve 1%. But I also think they get so little diary here that I wouldn't be comfortable "fibbing" for two smallish servings (given the consequences...). I honestly don't think most of my parents feel their child is here long enough to make those requests, KWIM. Most of my clients are teachers, social workers, etc. Their days here are bare minimum (usually!)
Oh, no. That was not how I took it. I was referring to your never having been asked. I read more to it being regional than judgement. It was interesting.

My clients average 10-11 hours a day, 4 years with me. A couple have dinner here, as well. It is a huge chunk of the kids awake time.

I really did not know I was fibbing. Is that how it will be taken even if not on the food program? I get no reimbursement, just the standard food cost/meals served write off. That is where my concern lies... I don't want to be forced to lie to meet my clients needs.
MyAngels 06:44 AM 08-25-2014
The type of milk you serve does not affect your tax write off at all. The IRS doesn't care what you serve and it doesn't have to meet CACFP guidelines to be written off at tax time.
Blackcat31 06:59 AM 08-25-2014
How do you get your clients to go along with this?

My clients think it is ludicrous. ALL. OF. THEM. have asked for whole milk.

I am told (USDA Monitoring Guide, FCC Homes) that meals including it (whole milk) after age 2 are disallowed for reimbursement. If so, then the same meals would not be allowed to be counted for tax reasons (annual meal counts). Really?

I know I could have them all write a bogus medical form, or give whole milk to the kids outside of meal times, but at what point has the line been crossed? And in which direction....
According to the info I was given by my food rep, the reason for the change at 2 is becuase by 2 most children are making up for that loss of fat (from the milk) in their diet. By 2 yrs of age, children begin having healthier eating routines and aren't as picky so the need for the fat from the whole milk is not necessary.

Also the fat required for brain development is important in the first 2 years of growth, not the first 5 or more years.

She also said like sleep needs, their caloric intake/fat requirements changes greatly after age 2 so switching to a lower fat milk at age 2 is easier and recommended to set the stage for healthy eating later. (i.e. low fat diets etc).

HTH
Play Care 07:01 AM 08-25-2014

Oh, no. That was not how I took it. I was referring to your never having been asked. I read more to it being regional than judgement. It was interesting.

My clients average 10-11 hours a day, 4 years with me. A couple have dinner here, as well. It is a huge chunk of the kids awake time.

I really did not know I was fibbing. Is that how it will be taken even if not on the food program? I get no reimbursement, just the standard food cost/meals served write off. That is where my concern lies... I don't want to be forced to lie to meet my clients needs.
Oh no, I didn't mean YOU were fibbing!! Just that for me, being on the FP and agreeing to abide by their policies and then serving whole milk because of my beliefs would be fibbing. Every month I have to sign off on the FP stating that I am following their rules and that if it's found that I'm not, there are consequences.
Some providers get hundreds of dollars each month from the FP so the FP does try to be on top of making sure the providers is doing things they way they want. I know some FP sponsers will get in touch with families to ask about attendence in dc to make sure it correlates with what the provider is claiming...I know when mine do their pop in visits they sometimes will question the kiddos to make sure I'm feeding them.
NightOwl 07:04 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
Just an idea.

Cat Herder 07:05 AM 08-25-2014
OK, thanks everyone.

This info does help.

Hopefully it will help others as well...
itlw8 07:20 AM 08-25-2014
The majority of children get plenty of fat in their diets . In fact they get too much. But if a family is on a low fat diet and only eats lean meat and maybe vegetarian then whole milk would be important. BUT the kids eat chicken nuggets, fries, hamburgers etc and they get plenty of fat.

Do not commit fraud. Truthfully I have never had a parent ask what kind of milk I serve.
Crazy8 07:29 AM 08-25-2014
I only serve 2% milk - they want whole they can bring it themselves. Actually, over the years I have cut down a lot on the amount of milk I serve. I think its important kids learn to drink water, so many don't/won't.
sharlan 08:06 AM 08-25-2014
The IRS doesn't care what you feed the kids. Serve them what you want.

In CA, we're allowed only to serve 1% milk, 4 oz of full-strength juice a day, and water. It doesn't matter whether we are on the food program or not.
craftymissbeth 10:16 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I only serve 2% milk - they want whole they can bring it themselves. Actually, over the years I have cut down a lot on the amount of milk I serve. I think its important kids learn to drink water, so many don't/won't.

My own belief on milk is that it isn't an essential dietary component. Everything that parents think the child needs from milk can also be found in other food sources.
MarinaVanessa 10:22 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by sharlan:
The IRS doesn't care what you feed the kids. Serve them what you want.

In CA, we're allowed only to serve 1% milk, 4 oz of full-strength juice a day, and water. It doesn't matter whether we are on the food program or not.
Not where I am. My food program requires me to give whole milk to children 1-2 years of age, after 2 I have to serve 1%. It's the same for me about the juice and water. Juice counts as serving of fruit (as long as it's 100% juice) and water has to be available at all times.

But yes, the IRS doesn't care what you serve. You can serve Cheetos and fruit punch for all meals as far as they're concerned.

OP:
If parents opt to give their child over 2 years old whole milk then I have to at least "offer" it. I say "Johnny do you want the pink milk (1%) or the red milk (whole)?" Usually they choose whole but I require the parents to supply anything that I can't count as a serving on my food program because I still have to buy the 1% milk. It has only been a problem for me once and mom brought me whole milk for a few weeks then just stopped so I gave DCB 1% milk from then on.

Really, it shouldn't be a big deal. Our milk servings are so small that if you stick with them you can just tell the parents that you will provide 1% at daycare and that they can give them whole milk at home. Parents usually serve their kids at least twice as much milk as they should anyway so if they are worried about the extra that 1% milk is lacking the they can make it up at home. You know they fill a sippy with milk while their child walks around at home or serve them more than is required for their meal anyway .
Cat Herder 10:31 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:

My own belief on milk is that it isn't an essential dietary component. Everything that parents think the child needs from milk can also be found in other food sources.
I am with you...

I am just trying to work with the fad of the day as long as it doesn't negatively impact my business. IYKWIM The % issue applying to me was new info since I am not on the food program.

Skim milk is pretty gross, though. Like someone refilled your glass from the wrong container. What I fear happening is the kids who won't drink it missing out on that calcuim/D. They get whole at home, but are here more waking hours.

*I will view it as another water serving and offer an extra serving of a better source like spinach/tuna/kale/salmon/cheese/eggs. I am tweaking my menu as we speak, luckily I am good with a food processor . Easy, peasy.

(even if the IRS does not care the QRIS does, so I have to play the game.. I just do not have great access to the rules )
ColorfulSunburst 10:32 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
Have you tried explaining the scientific reasons behind it? Kids no longer need whole milk after 2. They only need it before 2 because they require the extra fat content needed for brain development. After 2, it's just extra fat in their diets.
I'm 48. I drink milk all my live every day (whole milk). I love milk. My weight is 150 pounds.
My daughter is 23. She drinks milk every day. Her weight is 125 pounds.
My husband doesn't drink milk since he was 2y.o. His weight is ... 360 pounds.
My daughter and me don't drink Cola and don't eat fast-food. My husband does.
Amen.))))
Cat Herder 10:43 AM 08-25-2014
Oh no, I didn't mean YOU were fibbing!!
Oh, hun... no worries. I am too literal to have seen that as personal judgement.

If the IRS follows the USDA Meal Guideline as their gold standard, serving anything other than fat free after 2 years old disqualifies the meal. If that is true, I absolutely fibbed.

Ignorance of the facts does not excuse it. That is what we are taught. I only hope it isn't the truth. Still reading how black and white they are on the topic and the effective date.

I know I did not do it deliberately, so I was not hurt by your words at all. I only saw truth in them.

This is what I found:

"Standard meal and snack rates. If you qualify as a family daycare provider, you can use the standard meal and snack rates, instead of actual costs, to compute the deductible cost of meals and snacks provided to eligible children. For these purposes:

A family daycare provider is a person engaged in the business of providing family daycare.

Family daycare is childcare provided to eligible children in the home of the family daycare provider. The care must be non-medical, not involve a transfer of legal custody, and generally last less than 24 hours each day.

Eligible children are minor children receiving family daycare in the home of the family daycare provider. Eligible children do not include children who are full-time or part-time residents in the home where the childcare is provided or children whose parents or guardians are residents of the same home. Eligible children do not include children who receive daycare services for personal reasons of the provider. For example, if a provider provides daycare services for a relative as a favor to that relative, that child is not an eligible child.

You can compute the deductible cost of each meal and snack you actually purchased and served to an eligible child during the time period you provided family daycare using the standard meal and snack rates shown in Table 3, later. You can use the standard meal and snack rates for a maximum of one breakfast, one lunch, one dinner, and three snacks per eligible child per day. If you receive reimbursement for a particular meal or snack, you can deduct only the portion of the applicable standard meal or snack rate that is more than the amount of the reimbursement.

You can use either the standard meal and snack rates or actual costs to calculate the deductible cost of food provided to eligible children in the family daycare for any particular tax year. If you choose to use the standard meal and snack rates for a particular tax year, you must use the rates for all your deductible food costs for eligible children during that tax year. However, if you use the standard meal and snack rates in any tax year, you can use actual costs to compute the deductible cost of food in any other tax year.

If you use the standard meal and snack rates, you must maintain records to substantiate the computation of the total amount deducted for the cost of food provided to eligible children. The records kept should include the name of each child, dates and hours of attendance in the daycare, and the type and quantity of meals and snacks served. This information can be recorded in a log similar to the one shown in Exhibit A, near the end of this publication.

The standard meal and snack rates include beverages, but do not include non-food supplies used for food preparation, service, or storage, such as containers, paper products, or utensils. These expenses can be claimed as a separate deduction on your Schedule C (Form 1040). "
sharlan 02:35 PM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
Not where I am. My food program requires me to give whole milk to children 1-2 years of age, after 2 I have to serve 1%. It's the same for me about the juice and water. Juice counts as serving of fruit (as long as it's 100% juice) and water has to be available at all times.

But yes, the IRS doesn't care what you serve. You can serve Cheetos and fruit punch for all meals as far as they're concerned.

OP:
If parents opt to give their child over 2 years old whole milk then I have to at least "offer" it. I say "Johnny do you want the pink milk (1%) or the red milk (whole)?" Usually they choose whole but I require the parents to supply anything that I can't count as a serving on my food program because I still have to buy the 1% milk. It has only been a problem for me once and mom brought me whole milk for a few weeks then just stopped so I gave DCB 1% milk from then on.

Really, it shouldn't be a big deal. Our milk servings are so small that if you stick with them you can just tell the parents that you will provide 1% at daycare and that they can give them whole milk at home. Parents usually serve their kids at least twice as much milk as they should anyway so if they are worried about the extra that 1% milk is lacking the they can make it up at home. You know they fill a sippy with milk while their child walks around at home or serve them more than is required for their meal anyway .
You're correct. I was talking about kids over the age of 2.
Angelsj 06:00 PM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
Milk is not essential to our diets at all, but science has actually proven exactly the opposite. Healthy fat is taken out of 1 and 2% milk and made up for (by volume) with milk SUGAR. Your body does fine with good fats (avocado, coconut oil, etc) and actually needs those things to stay feeling full and draw nutrition out of the other foods you eat. What is damaging is sugar. *IF* you are going to drink milk, it is healthier for everyone to drink whole.
midaycare 07:03 PM 08-25-2014
Here the food program makes me serve 1%. All of my parents want whole milk. They demand it.
Lucy 07:33 PM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:

Yes. This.

I was scrolling before I posted. Was going to say that I'm in the camp of serving whole until their 2nd birthday, and 1% after that ... IF they love milk and ask for it!! Milk isn't essential for humans. We can get the calcium, for example, in broccoli and other greens, and in calcium-fortified items like OJ.

I know you weren't posting a debate over this, but I just wanted to shout out my thoughts on milk. No one in my family (my parents, myself, and 2 brothers) grew up as milk drinkers beyond our young childhood, and ended up pretty healthy.
Cat Herder 08:10 AM 08-26-2014
Originally Posted by Lucy:
I know you weren't posting a debate over this, but I just wanted to shout out my thoughts on milk. No one in my family (my parents, myself, and 2 brothers) grew up as milk drinkers beyond our young childhood, and ended up pretty healthy.
No. I love debates. I want to learn about this.

Angelsj, My clients are saying whole is the only healthy cows milk and they would rather water be served than 1% after two. They'd prefer me to serve yogurt/cheese and a glass of water instead.
daycare 08:18 AM 08-26-2014
all dairy is crap...... I have never eaten it and never plan to.

I believe that humans are the only species who drink milk past infancy..

its no wonder many people are lactose intolerant to it as they grow older
Cat Herder 08:20 AM 08-26-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
all dairy is crap...... I have never eaten it and never plan to.

I believe that humans are the only species who drink milk past infancy..

its no wonder many people are lactose intolerant to it as they grow older
Tell us how you really feel...

Thank you! I now have to clean off my keyboard.

>> I have this image of a cave man sneaking ninja like under a sleeping Auroch.<<<
daycare 08:31 AM 08-26-2014
Tell us how you really feel...

Thank you! I now have to clean off my keyboard.

>> I have this image of a cave man sneaking ninja like under a sleeping Auroch.<<<
lmao sorry, its early still....ok actually in daycare land its late, but I am slow this AM...

auroch, is that a cow???
Cat Herder 08:35 AM 08-26-2014

auroch, is that a cow???
Yes, a prehistoric one.
Attached: for daycare.jpg (74.7 KB) 
daycare 08:37 AM 08-26-2014
Yes, a prehistoric one.
lol.......wow that was a lucky guess on my part... I had no clue....

I need to eat what your eating, my brain is small..........

see what all these years of dacyare can do to a person..

I guess you have found the immunity to the affects of childcare
Cat Herder 09:00 AM 08-26-2014
lol.......wow that was a lucky guess on my part... I had no clue....

I need to eat what your eating, my brain is small..........

see what all these years of dacyare can do to a person..

I guess you have found the immunity to the affects of childcare
Khan Academy and Ebooks don't hurt, that is for sure.

This nutrition stuff is frustrating, though.. much like History it is up to the researcher and the goals of the study. Each research study has an equal and opposite one...
Blackcat31 09:12 AM 08-26-2014
Khan Academy and Ebooks don't hurt, that is for sure.

This nutrition stuff is frustrating, though.. much like History it is up to the researcher and the goals of the study.
Each research study has an equal and opposite one...
And then you have the young 5 mile a day jogger who doesn't have an ounce of unhealthy tissue in their body and eats cleanly drop dead for no apparent reason....

While the chain smoking, slightly obese person who eats 3 fried eggs and half a loaf of Wonder bread for breakfast holding steady in their 90ies...

Wish "they" (whomever 'they' are) would hurry up and figure it out already...
mom2many 09:12 AM 08-26-2014
I only had whole milk in my house until this recently changed. All 3 of my adult children (now in their 20's) loved milk and drank lots of it. They are all super thin with zero body fat!!!!!

I think this whole milk thing is crazy... The real issue lies with eating a healthy diet of non processed foods & fruits & veggies, limiting fast foods & most importantly exercise!!!! I believe, that video games & tv are the biggest reasons for childhood obesity.

At my last site visit with licensing, I was told they are actually regulating that 1% milk be served to 2 yo & up. I'm on the food program, so I had already implemented it, but I was told they would cite us for not having it.
Cat Herder 09:57 AM 08-26-2014
Originally Posted by mom2many:
At my last site visit with licensing, I was told they are actually regulating that 1% milk be served to 2 yo & up. I was told they would cite us for not having it.
Yes! That is my issue. The parents don't want the change and the kids won't drink it for me.

If I give the kids what the parents want, I could lose my write off? and risk being cited.

For wishy washy research.
Angelsj 10:36 AM 08-26-2014
No. I love debates. I want to learn about this.

Angelsj, My clients are saying whole is the only healthy cows milk and they would rather water be served than 1% after two. They'd prefer me to serve yogurt/cheese and a glass of water instead.
I agree with them completely. And I would prefer raw at that. On all of those counts. Sadly raw milk is illegal here unless you have your own cow. (Working on that one. Not that I could give it to the dcks.)

And thanks for the cave man image.
Lucy 11:24 AM 08-26-2014
Another thought...

Are you discussing the type of milk because they're asking?

I just buy my groceries and feed them to the kids. I don't run it past the parents. If they did ask, (never had one do so), I'd say 1%. If that didn't suit them, they'd bring me a container of whatever the heck they want.

I realize it's different if you're on the food program. You can't claim what the parents have provided. I'm not on it, so that's where my outlook comes from.
Cat Herder 11:45 AM 08-26-2014
Originally Posted by Lucy:
Another thought...

Are you discussing the type of milk because they're asking?

Yep. We transition from breast milk/formula to whole milk, then to 2% by the old standards. When that changed I had to change the feeding plan in the handbook.

Most like to email me for clarification on that section, "Meals"... few just sign off and turn it back in.

I rarely invite drama into my money on purpose...

Good point, though.
itlw8 11:52 AM 08-26-2014
This is really quite simple If you are on the food program you have to follow the rules and that means 1% or 1/2 % or skim for 2 and up unless there is a medical need or the parents just want them on soy.

If you do not want to follow those rules you are free to not be on the food program and the IRS does not ask or care what milk or even if you serve milk The standard deduction is a easy way to figure food costs. heck you could feed them pancakes and koolaid and the IRS has nothing to say about it Though your state would if you are licensed and so would the parents
daycare 02:25 PM 08-26-2014
have you watched the new milk commerical where there is a little girl sitting in the shopping cart while shopping with her mom.

a lady comes up looking rather beat up, and says I am you in the future, you didn't drink your milk...

but if you did drink your milk.. ALl of a sudden this woman turns into a beautiful marathon runner who takes first place...

I want to kick the screen...

Oh and heres a laugh.

I said this to my husband about the milk thread.

He said
Humans are the only animal to drink milk after infancy and also the only animal to drink the milk of another animal. If drinking milk were human breast milk, he said he would help himself to several servings a day....yeah leave it to a man to come up with that....
MarinaVanessa 10:11 AM 08-27-2014
have you watched the new milk commerical where there is a little girl sitting in the shopping cart while shopping with her mom.

a lady comes up looking rather beat up, and says I am you in the future, you didn't drink your milk...

but if you did drink your milk.. ALl of a sudden this woman turns into a beautiful marathon runner who takes first place...

I want to kick the screen...

Oh and heres a laugh.

I said this to my husband about the milk thread.

He said
Humans are the only animal to drink milk after infancy and also the only animal to drink the milk of another animal. If drinking milk were human breast milk, he said he would help himself to several servings a day....yeah leave it to a man to come up with that....
My children's pediatrician once told me that the only animals that should be drinking cow's milk are baby cows
Blackcat31 12:20 PM 08-27-2014

He said
Humans are the only animal to drink milk after infancy and also the only animal to drink the milk of another animal.
We're also the only animals that pawn off our own children to other mothers to care for.

We're also the only animals that eat junk food, fast food and other not so healthy things.

We're also the only animals that use cell phones and watch TV.

While I do agree that humans can live without consuming dairy, I don't think it's fair to write it off or use that argument against the consumption of milk/dairy.

It DOES have it's benefits.

I know we can get those benefits in other things but it doesn't automatically make milk bad.....kwim?
itlw8 01:11 PM 08-27-2014
and the only ones to wear clothes ,drive cars, cook our food, the list goes on and on.
melilley 01:13 PM 08-27-2014

He said
Sounds exactly like something that my husband would say! Some men!
renodeb 02:56 PM 08-27-2014
I don't have these issues with my clients. I give them the guide lines at the start and tell them that if they need something diffrent than the guidelines that I need a doctors note and that usually stops them because who wants to have to do anything extra. I personally think kids drink way to much milk. I know for a fact that at least one of my dc kids gets a huge sippy of milk every morning before he arrives here. I read that kids only need a 1/2 cup of milk per meal at 2 years old. That's not a lot. If I wasn't on the food program I probably wouldn't give milk at all! JMO!
Tags:meal allowance, milk, politics vs childcare needs, tax preparation
Reply Up