Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Trunk or Treat
springv 01:21 PM 10-31-2019
Hey guys found this on fb in a group I'm in and wanted to share. This occurred on October 29th

Last night at the trunk or treat a friend of mine took her family to attend the fun. Her, her husband, her 6 year old daughter, and their baby girl. As they got to the first vehicle they were all happily talking and laughing with the other ppl in line and those handing out candy playing with the dogs there. My friend is very protective of her children and her 6 year old was right there with her. The very next second she was gone. Anyone who was there knows there was hundreds of ppl there. They shouted and screamed and searched for her 6 year old and 2 of the police officers came out of costume to assist-in helping find her. My friend was frantic panicking, screaming, hyperventilating, and crying for her baby. They searched and searched. Finally a woman found her in the parking lot. The parking lot! From the top of that hill to the parking lot! The daughter told her mother that a mean woman pushed her and told her to “GO!” To go away and she said she kept pushing her further down the line away from her family. It happened in a split second. She disappeared in that crowd in one single second! Some of you may have been in that same crowd while my friend and her husband were in the panic. Who was this woman! I want to know why she would tell a child to “go!” And continually push her away BY HERSELF in that crowd! Why? My friend had recently scolded her daughter about listening to adults which is the only reason she obeyed in confusion. This little girl was so scared and frightened! Her mother is her world and vice versa she didn’t understand why she had to “go”. Needless to say they didn’t get to trunk or treat they instead were living in a nightmarish situation. To the lady who did this to this little girl how dare you! How dare you tell a child to go off by herself especially in a crowd like that! You scared an entire family to death! Her parents were thinking the absolute worst! Can you imagine this happening to you and your child? How would you feel? How would your child feel? You r a sorry person!! I’m posting this for my friend to make awareness about what happened in hopes the person who did this sees this and is shamed. Hold your babies tight this afternoon. Tell them you love them. You just never know. Please no negative comments. This happened so fast almost like she was there beside her mom and her mother blinked and she was gone just like that. Thank you for reading.
Snowmom 01:40 PM 10-31-2019
I'm just going to leave this right here.
https://kstp.com/news/big-lake-chief...-post/5533608/

It's never a good idea to jump to conclusions and assume the worst (much less intentionally "publicly shame"). There could be a multitude of explanations. The most likely one that comes to mind is possibly a mentally challenged teenager or adult.

I agree it is a horrifying thought to lose a child in the crowd or have them traumatized in any form for sure. But I don't agree with public shaming, especially not knowing all the details.
Tags:facebook posts, public shaming
Reply Up