Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Do's and Don'ts...
Auntie'sHouse 05:15 AM 12-05-2012
Not sure if this has been discussed but can we please discuss this?

Daycare Do's....
Do clean up the children before parents pick up.
Do hang children's work around daycare.
Do encourage children to wash hands and cover mouth often.
Do have children ready for pick up to shorten provider/parent convos.
Do stick to your contract/fees.
Daycare Don'ts.....
Don't quote prices over the phone.
Don't allow parents to vent about their day during daycare hours.
Don't allow food or toys brought to daycare.
Etc....
Please add more because hopefully I'm the only one tired of learning through my experiences...Thanks,
Auntie Carol
mac60 05:42 AM 12-05-2012
Why would you not quote prices over the phone. If some one does not think I am worthy of my rates, then I surely don't want to give them my precious time for an interview only to have them say I charge too much.
lovemykidstoo 05:55 AM 12-05-2012
I have always quoted my price over the phone. I figure if that's their concern, weed them out right then and there. Seems to have worked pretty good so far.
Auntie'sHouse 06:15 AM 12-05-2012
these are my don'ts and those are your do's...clients can come in to see the quality of my daycare then judge for themselves if the price is right.
lovemykidstoo 06:24 AM 12-05-2012
Don't walk around in my house with your wet and muddy shoes on while dropping your kids off.
Meeko 06:49 AM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by mac60:
Why would you not quote prices over the phone. If some one does not think I am worthy of my rates, then I surely don't want to give them my precious time for an interview only to have them say I charge too much.
I always tell them my prices. People are on budgets and money is a huge factor for most folks.

I posted this comparison before...but here goes....

I have never bought something without asking the price up front!

When looking for a new car, I wouldn't want to be told that I have to come to the dealership first, see the car, sit through a sales pitch all about the car's great features, plush interior etc....before the salesman would tell me the price. A huge waste of my time.

I also don't want a ton of people walking through my home, using up my precious family time... only to tell me that they can't afford my services, or think there is room to haggle over a rate as I wasn't up front about it from the start.

I am firm on my rates. I see no point in hiding it. People may LOVE my daycare...but if they can't afford it....they can't afford it. I want to know that up front.

If I was on a strict budget, I would be so upset to go to a providers house, fall in love with her set-up....only to have to be embarrassed and tell her I can't afford it. I would leave feeling terrible.

I tell people the price and what they can expect to get for that price. I invite them over for a no-strings appointment. They either accept, or decline. No awkward silences at an interview when I tell them I charge oodles more than they can afford.
crazydaycarelady 07:04 AM 12-05-2012
Do glance into your dc room prior to the first family arriving so that if your dog pooped in the middle of the floor you discover it before the first family walks in and discovers it with you!
lovemykidstoo 07:06 AM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Do glance into your dc room prior to the first family arriving so that if your dog pooped in the middle of the floor you discover it before the first family walks in and discovers it with you!
Bwahaha!! That is sooo true!
Auntie'sHouse 07:16 AM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Bwahaha!! That is sooo true!
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
thanks for making me laugh....just got a dog....
Reply Up