Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Flannel Board Issues
kitkat 12:59 PM 02-05-2016
I have a diy flannel board that I made a number of years ago. It has been lightly used-probably stored more than used. I pulled it out and made some laminated pieces using contact paper. I can't get them to stick to the flannel! I tried attaching sand paper and felt to the back, but it's not sticking. I also noticed the felt pieces that I have aren't sticking much either.

How do I make things stick? Would it help to take the flannel off and wash it?
daycare 01:02 PM 02-05-2016
I use those stick on velcro stickers they work well and can often find them at the dollar tree
Mom2Two 01:23 PM 02-05-2016
Did it stick well in the beginning? I just made a whole bunch of DIY flannel boards, and darn it, now I'm wondering if it's going to work. I bought a bunch of felt to make shapes. Hmmm I'd better go and check it out!
Mom2Two 01:25 PM 02-05-2016
Okay, I just tried felt pieces and they are sticking to mine.
Michael 03:20 PM 02-05-2016
Another Flannel Board thread: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42339
Unregistered 09:44 AM 02-06-2016
I have close to 300 flannel board stories/activities. I made a flannel board by covering a bulletin board. What do you have on the back? I use sticky backed flannel. I used to be able to get it at Wal-Mart, now I can only find it at Hobby Lobby. I don't cut pieces the full size of the story piece. I just cut a large rectangle/square, pull off the paper on the sticky side and stick it to my story piece.

I've never had any trouble and some pieces are 20 years old. My flannel that covers the board is 10 years old. My board is slanted a bit, as it's propped against the wall, not hanging.

I can't figure out what is happening to your board! I have some stories that are cut out of felt. Some are pictures I have colored and glued to construction paper and then laminated. These are the ones I put the sticky back felt on.
Unregistered 09:47 AM 02-06-2016
Also, could it be your felt is not 100% cotton? That is the only thing I can think of. Maybe it has some polyester in it. How much of the back is covered in felt? OH, you said some felt pieces are not sticking either.
Tags:flannel board
Reply Up