Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>4.5 In Pull Ups Funny Update!
lvt77 07:58 AM 02-07-2011
hi all,

So I know some of you who frequent the form have read and helped out with the issue that I was having with a DCB age 4.5 still not potty trained. The family decided to term care. They were pretty rude about, however, I have found it best to just kill them with kindness.
So the saga goes on….lol
Yesterday the mom text me saying we don’t want him to leave, but what can we do? She then goes on to say that her son not being potty trained is genetic, because in her husband’s family, none of the boys potty trained until age 5 -6??? WTH REALLY?? She then went on to say that it’s pure laziness. LMAO so basically she is telling me that everyone in her husband’s family is lazy? LMAO and wants me to take the kids back……………………..
I did not respond to it and am continuing on with the termination.
Blackcat31 08:01 AM 02-07-2011
If it is "genetic" (LOL!) then she should be able to get a Doctor's note stating her child has some special needs.....
I have never heard of anyone stating that laziness is a genetic disorder, but if that is true then I know alot of people who should be on some sort of social security disability!! LOL!!!!
lvt77 08:04 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
If it is "genetic" (LOL!) then she should be able to get a Doctor's note stating her child has some special needs.....
I have never heard of anyone stating that laziness is a genetic disorder, but if that is true then I know alot of people who should be on some sort of social security disability!! LOL!!!!
lmao i cant stop laughing.........................that was awesome....
SilverSabre25 08:18 AM 02-07-2011
I bet she called around to a bunch of other daycares and centers and found that no one else wants a not-trained 4.5 yo either!

As for what she can do, um...potty train him!

that's amusing. Good for you for standing up and going ahead with the termination. They're in a world of hurt, they are...
Live and Learn 08:18 AM 02-07-2011
Lame, lame, lame!

Bye-bye lazy family!
nannyde 08:18 AM 02-07-2011
Parent translator: I've called a bunch of day cares and they are all telling me they don't want to take a child his age who is still in diapers. I can't find anyone to do it so now you are good enough.

She's at the bargaining stage of loss. She's just trying to undo your no and get back to a yes.

When people show you who they are you must believe them. Believe the Mom who termed immediately when she got a NO.

That's the Mom you are terming not the Mom who says he is genetically predisposed to late training. Telling you he is fine but lazy is just WORDS she is using to get you to do as you are told.

Remember when she told you it was your JOB to clean his butt? That was the real Mommy talking. The Mommy who thought it would just take a few phone calls to get someone else who understood it is their JOB to do as they are told. Only problem is now she can't find one who agrees with her so she's back to you.
Blackcat31 08:20 AM 02-07-2011
I forget, was this a family that had other issues too or just the potty training thing? Because if they were a good family otherwise, you should offer mom the opportunity to take a few weeks and train him and then return to your care....unless there were other issues for terming? If so, then just keep killing them with kindness...
lvt77 08:39 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I forget, was this a family that had other issues too or just the potty training thing? Because if they were a good family otherwise, you should offer mom the opportunity to take a few weeks and train him and then return to your care....unless there were other issues for terming? If so, then just keep killing them with kindness...
lets just say this family could get their own reality TV show....lol issues up the waaazoo!!
so this is a blessing that it is ending
Mrs.Ky 08:41 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I bet she called around to a bunch of other daycares and centers and found that no one else wants a not-trained 4.5 yo either!

As for what she can do, um...potty train him!

that's amusing. Good for you for standing up and going ahead with the termination. They're in a world of hurt, they are...
I agree with this. good luck on finding daycare for an untrained 4 year old.
Dsquared 09:10 AM 02-07-2011
Too funny, but typical. Glad you're not going to take them back.
MommyMuffin 09:13 AM 02-07-2011
I think it is awesome that you stuck to termination. I think in business even daycare it is never good to be wishy washy.
countrymom 09:37 AM 02-07-2011
I bet you she got laughed at when she told others that her almost 5 yr old is still in diapers. Ahhh, they always come crawling back, its so funny to watch them.
jen 09:39 AM 02-07-2011
Too funny! Good for you for sticking to it! I would agree...no one else wanted to change a 4.5 year old kids butt! OR they wanted big $$$ to do it!
Kaddidle Care 10:08 AM 02-07-2011
Well it looks like he'll be 6 before he goes to Kindergarten then.

I agree with the others - she just got a taste of humble pie and it's pretty bitter.

No child starts Kindergarten in diapers unless they are handicapped in some way. Looks like she's got a bit of a job ahead of her. The nerve, calling the child lazy. She'd better take a hard look in the mirror!
lvt77 10:14 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Well it looks like he'll be 6 before he goes to Kindergarten then.

I agree with the others - she just got a taste of humble pie and it's pretty bitter.

No child starts Kindergarten in diapers unless they are handicapped in some way. Looks like she's got a bit of a job ahead of her. The nerve, calling the child lazy. She'd better take a hard look in the mirror!
you have NO idea how hard it has been to just bite my tongue...I have taken a lot of good advice from all of you and especially nannyde... after nannyde told me that I would be living a 2 weeks of hell until they leave, it made me decide to just kill them with kindness and boy do I feel so much better about it.
I have even decided to give a going away party to the DCB. It is not his fault that the parents wont communicate with me and lets use nice words and call them LAZY........
Tags:funny, pull ups
Reply Up