Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Speaking Of Updating Handbooks...
melilley 10:23 AM 12-30-2013
I'm going through my handbook and am revising and updating some of my policies. This was my first year of having my fcc and I realized that I needed to change a couple of things but so far all I have is:

I updated my emergency closure policy and also added a couple of things about my closed-paid days off.

What did you change or add to your parent hb/policies for 2014?

And what is your emergency closure policy? Do you have them pay or take them out of personal days? I'm not sure what to do with this one. Right now I have it as having 5 paid personal/sick/educational/emergency days.
LaLa1923 11:04 AM 12-30-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
I'm going through my handbook and am revising and updating some of my policies. This was my first year of having my fcc and I realized that I needed to change a couple of things but so far all I have is:

I updated my emergency closure policy and also added a couple of things about my closed-paid days off.

What did you change or add to your parent hb/policies for 2014?

And what is your emergency closure policy? Do you have them pay or take them out of personal days? I'm not sure what to do with this one. Right now I have it as having 5 paid personal/sick/educational/emergency days.
would you like to me share my handbook with you? we could swap handbooks actually if you want??
mrsnj 11:08 AM 12-30-2013
Jumping on. Interested to see myself. I have been lucky. My electric usually comes on fast as we r connected to the street stop light. But not long ago most around us lost power for a wk! I should have it in my policy too
daycare 11:09 AM 12-30-2013
I am updating:

drop off/pick up penalty

medication log

rewording my discipline policy

illness policy to change 48 hour exclusion if I have to send home, 24 if they keep home.

Change hours of operation

Rewording request for vacation

Parents night out change of operation
melilley 11:16 AM 12-30-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
would you like to me share my handbook with you? we could swap handbooks actually if you want??
That would be great! I'll pm you my email!
melilley 11:37 AM 12-30-2013
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
Jumping on. Interested to see myself. I have been lucky. My electric usually comes on fast as we r connected to the street stop light. But not long ago most around us lost power for a wk! I should have it in my policy too
In my 15 years of doing dc (14 years in a center previous to opening this year), a center that I worked at closed 1 day because of an ice storm. Other than that, there were never any closures. This past week I had to close for 2 days, thankfully I was only open for 2 days anyways, but if I was open all week, I would have had to close all week-our power was out from Sat. to Sat.!
I do have it in my phb that I would have to close if there was a power outage, but not anything about parents paying tuition if it did happen! Thankfully I had personal days left so I just used those, but I'm not sure if I should use personal days for this in the future or have something separate.
Reply Up