Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So I had an inspection the other day.
crazydaycarelady 02:28 PM 01-18-2014
All was well but I got a couple of suggestions.

One was when I am changing a diaper I am no longer to set the used diaper down after I have folded it up. I have to put it into a bag before I set it down. Also we now have to use gloves for all changes.

Maybe these rules are already implemented elsewhere but they are new for me.

I feel like pretty soon the state is going to tell me how to wipe my own behind!
Maria2013 02:42 PM 01-18-2014
well where they just "suggestions" or "must do it this way"?

anyway thank you for sharing
crazydaycarelady 03:21 PM 01-18-2014
This was the head FP people - they were "do it this way if the state comes in" suggestions.
Laurel 03:27 PM 01-18-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
All was well but I got a couple of suggestions.

One was when I am changing a diaper I am no longer to set the used diaper down after I have folded it up. I have to put it into a bag before I set it down. Also we now have to use gloves for all changes.

Maybe these rules are already implemented elsewhere but they are new for me.

I feel like pretty soon the state is going to tell me how to wipe my own behind!
I wouldn't doubt they would like to tell us how to wipe our own behinds!

We are supposed to wear gloves but I don't unless the inspector is there that day.

I used to lay the diaper down too but found something that works better. My changing 'table' is actually a small chest of drawers with a changing mat on top. I keep diapers and related supplies (including those gloves I never use ) in the drawers. I put all my pastic bags from the grocery store, etc. in a drawer also. I hang one of those on the knob of a drawer and put diapers in there at each change. Then once baby is down I put the bag in the pail that is just a few steps away in my garage. My provider friend does it that way only her garage is a couple of rooms away and I watched her children once at her house and thought that was a good idea.

Laurel
LaLa1923 03:32 PM 01-18-2014
I really don't worry about what the state tells me to do. I know the regs and I apply them accordingly. I know when she's coming to see me and it's at the end of every year. I don't stress, she's a lovely lady. I know she's as uncomfortable as I am about the inspection. I don't like all of the educational requirements....
Maria2013 03:33 PM 01-18-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
This was the head FP people - they were "do it this way if the state comes in" suggestions.
oh I thought it was someone from licensing

I use gloves only when I change really messy diapers, I guess I can use them for all diaper changing, and put on a show if someone is present
Annalee 03:51 PM 01-18-2014
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I really don't worry about what the state tells me to do. I know the regs and I apply them accordingly. I know when she's coming to see me and it's at the end of every year. I don't stress, she's a lovely lady. I know she's as uncomfortable as I am about the inspection. I don't like all of the educational requirements....
We have a 10-step diaper changing process....and multiple visits each year. Even if you have the highest star, licensing comes 4 times that year, fire one time, health/env two times, food program four times, so I am always expecting someone.....one of the pitfalls again of QRIS/licensing. The only announced visit is 1 of the licensing visits for re-evaluation annually.
Annalee 03:52 PM 01-18-2014
Originally Posted by dapb45:
We have a 10-step diaper changing process....and multiple visits each year. Even if you have the highest star, licensing comes 4 times that year, fire one time, health/env two times, food program four times, so I am always expecting someone.....one of the pitfalls again of QRIS/licensing. The only announced visit is 1 of the licensing visits for re-evaluation annually.
BTW......licensing comes 6 unannounced visits a year if you have no stars.
LaLa1923 04:02 PM 01-18-2014
Originally Posted by dapb45:
BTW......licensing comes 6 unannounced visits a year if you have no stars.

That's insane. My food worker comes in 3-4 times a year but I really don't stress about it..
Annalee 04:06 PM 01-18-2014
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
That's insane. My food worker comes in 3-4 times a year but I really don't stress about it..
I agree, but don't know how to get it changed!
Reply Up