Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Expect Questions About New Policy Not About Old Ones
familyschoolcare 07:02 AM 04-21-2012
I recently created a parent handbook it is 15 pages long, before I had a 5-page contract.

So when the girlfriend of a DCD stopped by to make a payment (I see her more than I see Dad). She had some questions, this in and of itself is not a

big deal going from 5 pages to 15 can be over whelming and I excepted a few questions from each parent. What I did not expect was questions about the

policies that they already signed. Such as fieldtrips being subject to change without notice
littlemissmuffet 11:32 AM 04-21-2012
It's unreal how often people don't actually read our contracts!!
DaisyMamma 12:22 PM 04-21-2012
That's really frustrating! Now you know for sure they didn't read it.
familyschoolcare 02:04 PM 04-21-2012
No, they read it the first time most of the questions about the "old" policies where, the same questions they had when they signed the contract.
Meeko 07:47 AM 04-22-2012
My son says I should add a clause to my contract that says at the end of the 4th week they have to do something completely outrageous (like run around the block naked and pay us $10,000 afterwards). He says half the parents wouldn't notice it!
Blackcat31 08:34 AM 04-22-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
My son says I should add a clause to my contract that says at the end of the 4th week they have to do something completely outrageous (like run around the block naked and pay us $10,000 afterwards). He says half the parents wouldn't notice it!
I posted this before but it is worth repeating. My friend who has been a provider for 30+ years adds a sentence buried deep in her contract that says some sort bonus word or phrase.

If the parent finds that bonus word/phrase within their first 30 days of care, she will give them a 15% discount on their next billing.

She said to date, only one family found the bonus word/phrase.
familyschoolcare 09:16 AM 04-22-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I posted this before but it is worth repeating. My friend who has been a provider for 30+ years adds a sentence buried deep in her contract that says some sort bonus word or phrase.

If the parent finds that bonus word/phrase within their first 30 days of care, she will give them a 15% discount on their next billing.

She said to date, only one family found the bonus word/phrase.
I like this I might do it next time. A friend of mine did this with a 20 page term paper in the middle of a pargraph wrote if you tell me the page number is sentence is on then I will give you a coke. the teacher told it to him.
Tags:handbook, parents - enquiring
Reply Up