Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crying Baby
Unregistered 11:49 AM 09-07-2010
I have a 8 month old dcB, who never quits crying.....Its driving me crazy!!
He only stops crying if I hold him. Which I refuse to hold him all day long. Any suggestions?
Michael 12:00 PM 09-07-2010
Sounds like it could be colic. There are some earlier posts on crying here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=crying
momma2girls 01:40 PM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a 8 month old dcB, who never quits crying.....Its driving me crazy!!
He only stops crying if I hold him. Which I refuse to hold him all day long. Any suggestions?
It could be colic or seperation anxiety- I had one that did nothing but cry unless I was holding her. My BP was going sky high, when I was pregnant, so I had to let her go!! WOW!!! It sure was nice, after I didn't have her any longer. It does put daycare provider, plus all the other children at a high stress level!!!!!!
tymaboy 02:07 PM 09-07-2010
Or it could be that he is frusterated that he is not mobile. Do you have a walker or an excersaucer? I found that those had helped me quite a bit.
Unregistered 05:06 PM 09-07-2010
Usually colic goes away at 6 months so I dont think it would be that it could be seperation anxiety or like you said he could be held all the time. I have a 9 month old who comes on Monday mornings and cries and cries because he wants to be held like he was all weekend its obvious Mom jumps and runs to him everytime he cries well anyways I ignore him and by afternon nap when he wakes and its play time he doesnt cry because he knows I wont hold him but it starts over every Monday morning. So just ignore it and when he is smiling playing and happy give him lots of attention postive reinforcement is the best way to go
momma2girls 05:59 AM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Usually colic goes away at 6 months so I dont think it would be that it could be seperation anxiety or like you said he could be held all the time. I have a 9 month old who comes on Monday mornings and cries and cries because he wants to be held like he was all weekend its obvious Mom jumps and runs to him everytime he cries well anyways I ignore him and by afternon nap when he wakes and its play time he doesnt cry because he knows I wont hold him but it starts over every Monday morning. So just ignore it and when he is smiling playing and happy give him lots of attention postive reinforcement is the best way to go
THis is what seperation anxiety is- they want to be held all the time and screams when they are seperated!
Tags:crying
Reply Up