Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-02-2015, 12:48 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default Circuit Explorer Air, NEWBIE...HELP!

So I got one of these as a gift from one of my friends. She bought it and then decided she didn't have room for it It is less than a month old.

I really have NO clue how to use one of these. I saw a few videos and looked on pinterest, but still don't really get it.

any tips or advice for a newbie cricut owner..

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Country Kids's Avatar
Country Kids Country Kids is offline
Nature Lover
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,026
Default

What are you needing to know specifically? My daughter uses one of all her cheer posters she has to do.
__________________
Each day is a fresh start
Never look back on regrets
Live life to the fullest
We only get one shot at this!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-02-2015, 01:18 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

lol I dont know how to use it at all.

It says I have to buy images from a website, but they are expensive.

also it says I can customize things, but I just don't know what software to even use.

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
So I got one of these as a gift from one of my friends. She bought it and then decided she didn't have room for it It is less than a month old.

I really have NO clue how to use one of these. I saw a few videos and looked on pinterest, but still don't really get it.

any tips or advice for a newbie cricut owner..

thanks
I own several Cricuts and them!

Their website has some fantastic tutorials (both video and print articles) on how to use them as well as some really neat ideas on how to make the most of your Cricut!

http://us.cricut.com/home/support/home
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
lol I dont know how to use it at all.

It says I have to buy images from a website, but they are expensive.

also it says I can customize things, but I just don't know what software to even use.

thanks
Each week they have free images available for download.

http://us.cricut.com/home/make/free-images

There are also tons of share sites too if you Google.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-02-2015, 01:29 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

sweeetttttt thanks BC, I am not the most tech savy with these new toys.

I offered my friend money for it after I saw the cost, but she said consider it an early xmas gift..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
I offered my friend money for it after I saw the cost, but she said consider it an early xmas gift..
nice!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Country Kids's Avatar
Country Kids Country Kids is offline
Nature Lover
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Each week they have free images available for download.

http://us.cricut.com/home/make/free-images

There are also tons of share sites too if you Google.
This link isn't working they said. Sent me to another area but wasn't Christmas things (thought maybe that is what it might be). Will look around more when I have more time. Thank you for posting this I had no idea this was out there. My daughter had hers almost a year before we figured out she could hook it up to the computer and do some pretty neat stuff with it.
__________________
Each day is a fresh start
Never look back on regrets
Live life to the fullest
We only get one shot at this!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-02-2015, 01:42 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Kids View Post
This link isn't working they said. Sent me to another area but wasn't Christmas things (thought maybe that is what it might be). Will look around more when I have more time. Thank you for posting this I had no idea this was out there. My daughter had hers almost a year before we figured out she could hook it up to the computer and do some pretty neat stuff with it.
You have to be logged into your account to access the free images.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Country Kids's Avatar
Country Kids Country Kids is offline
Nature Lover
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
You have to be logged into your account to access the free images.

Gotcha!!!
__________________
Each day is a fresh start
Never look back on regrets
Live life to the fullest
We only get one shot at this!!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-03-2015, 11:26 AM
midaycare's Avatar
midaycare midaycare is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,659
Default

Craft dork here ... What can you do with a cricut?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midaycare View Post
Craft dork here ... What can you do with a cricut?
The correct question is "What cant you do with a Cri-cut?"

No really, ANYTHING you need scissors for, you can do with a Cri-cut....plus a WHOLE lot more!

You can make stencils, clip art, bulletin board stuff, cards, stationary, ANY type of cut out you can think of.... the list goes on and on and on....

Check out their website and you will see what I mean!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-03-2015, 12:35 PM
midaycare's Avatar
midaycare midaycare is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
The correct question is "What cant you do with a Cri-cut?"

No really, ANYTHING you need scissors for, you can do with a Cri-cut....plus a WHOLE lot more!

You can make stencils, clip art, bulletin board stuff, cards, stationary, ANY type of cut out you can think of.... the list goes on and on and on....

Check out their website and you will see what I mean!
Okay I looked and they made a card and it was cool, but ... can you justify the cost? Do you use it enough?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-03-2015, 12:42 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midaycare View Post
Okay I looked and they made a card and it was cool, but ... can you justify the cost? Do you use it enough?
this is what I was thinking too....even with the free machine how much is this going to cost me....lol
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midaycare View Post
, but ... can you justify the cost? Do you use it enough?
YES!!! I've used mine twice today...

Overall, I would say that I use mine at the very least twice weekly for daycare but I am also a scrapbooker so I use mine on the weekends for that. Now that Christmas is coming up, mine will be used a ton more since I make my own Christmas cards too.

I make thank you, birthday, get-well and a ton of other cards during the year too...

ANY type of craft project I do with the daycare kids or any type of bulletinboard stuff I want/need for daycare I use my Cri-cut for...

Oh, and you know those vinyl wall words/phrases or cute decals that people stick to their walls? Well, Cri-cut does those too!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
christmas gifts

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie Mistakes By...A Newbie gracepatiencelove Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 21 08-11-2013 07:08 PM
Hello..I’m a Newbie and Childcare Provider ljones77 New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! 6 02-14-2013 04:22 PM
Newbie johnstephen1 New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! 1 01-24-2013 04:59 PM
Newbie Here!!! Alexandre8100 New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! 1 09-26-2012 05:08 PM
Newbie and Curriculum ? TGT09 Curriculum 6 02-08-2010 06:12 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:49 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming