Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Unregistered 12:06 PM 06-12-2014
Keep your freaking sick kids home PERIOD! You said it was allergies and now you say he has a virus thanks now half the day care has this nasty cough and snotty noses and are on steroids thanks to you. If I get sick you'll be paying my doctor bill!
Maggie 06:47 AM 06-13-2014
Dcd you are not married to me we don't have a lifetime commitment so if you're not happy with the service I provide or the policies in our contract, you know the same one you've been signing every year for the last six years, then by all means take your business elsewhere! And because I "like" you so much I am more than willing give you back next weeks payment if it means I don't have to deal with you again! Thanks I needed to vent!
KidGrind 07:33 AM 06-17-2014
Someone stick a fork in me; I am done.
mskaykay 06:13 PM 06-17-2014
I caught myself being rude to parents today because..... well they are idiots.

I can usually hide my frustration from parents but today I'm done. I have 18 teachers asking dumb questions or not handling problems for themselves which is draining to deal with already but come on....

Parent arrives at 9:30 and asks if the field trip that was scheduled to leave at 9:00 had waited for her. I asked if she had signed up for the field trip and she said no and then got upset that I said her daughter couldn't go on the field trip that had already left.

Another parent asks me what part times hours are... while I am talking to a potential family and giving a tour. She breaks into my tour to ask me. I ask her if she is thinking of switching to part time she said no, she just wanted to know.

Another parent comes to my office wanting me to add up her co-pays for her. Every week she asks me and every week I tell her it is $1.10 a week per child. She has two children! She wants to know how much for two weeks. I tell her $4.40 she then walks into my office reaches over me for a post it to write it down and then tells me she will pay me on Friday.

And I was rude to every single one of them. And I am not all that sorry. Just a vent.
SunshineMama 07:14 AM 06-18-2014
If one more kid asks to go inside because They are bored, i am going to lose it. If you cant find something to do between the climbing structures, playhouse, rock wall, monkey bars, 32 swings, 2 slides, 2 crows nests, and a 1/2 acre wooded lot with a million natural playthings, there is no hope for you. Vent over.
SunshineMama 07:15 AM 06-18-2014
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
If one more kid asks to go inside because They are bored, i am going to lose it. If you cant find something to do between the climbing structures, playhouse, rock wall, monkey bars, 32 swings, 2 slides, 2 crows nests, and a 1/2 acre wooded not w swingsith a million natural playthings, there is no hope for you. Vent over.
3 swings, not 32.... but still
Play Care 10:01 AM 06-18-2014
If one more kid asks to go inside because They are bored, i am going to lose it. If you cant find something to do between the climbing structures, playhouse, rock wall, monkey bars, 32 swings, 2 slides, 2 crows nests, and a 1/2 acre wooded lot with a million natural playthings, there is no hope for you. Vent over.
I feel your pain! The last couple of days the kids are constantly trying to sneak back into the house! And I think of couple of them are *lying* about having to use the bathroom just to come in!!!

Of course the first question out of the mouths each morning is "when can we go outside!"
MsLisa 02:49 PM 06-18-2014
OMG, I feel your pain!!
Summer vacation has just started so I put up the pool, bought tons of outdoor toys from the Dollar store and my daughter STILL rather sit in front of Netflix after 10 min outside. I refuse to spend the summer this way! ARGH!
melilley 05:43 AM 06-20-2014
Wednesday night I had a parent text me to ask if dcb could come early the next day. I had a training that night and didn't text back, plus I was annoyed, this dcp has been saying/asking things a lot lately. So she texts me again and I finally answer her saying it was fine.

Well fast forward to the next day, dcm drops off and says "oh I was so afraid that you wouldn't see my text.....I was wondering if I was just going to have to drop him off early without you knowing".

What? Really?
For one, I don't get up and into the shower until the time you would drop off and if I didn't know you were coming early, I would not have heard you or answered the door....but dh may have and that wouldn't be pretty..lol
Blackcat31 01:40 PM 06-20-2014
Had a parent who fell into the habit of taking my weekly schedule form, taking a picture of it and texting me their schedule.

They can text me changes but I require a written hard copy to be submitted BY 5PM on Fridays.

Last week AND now today, she has had to make a special trip here (she is off most Fridays) to give me her written schedule.

.....only to text me an hour or so later asking if I will now take a picture of the schedule and text it back to her...
KatieG 06:34 AM 06-23-2014
I never know who is going to show up at what time in the morning - I open at 8:30, my 2 families arrive anytime between 8:30 & 10:45. Today, they both arrived at 8:45, neither baby had had a bottle yet this morning, both screaming hungry, both dads say "Yeah, she/he might be hungry"...so I have to make bottles for both while they're screaming, and 2yo dkb drops his sippy cup of milk from home on the floor and the lid comes off while I'm in the middle of making the bottles - gotta clean that up before it soaks into the carpet - babies have to wait longer for their bottles. Oh, and both dads also report that babies have runny noses (probably teething, they say) - now one dkb has temp of 99.5. OMG it's only 9:30 on Monday, how am I gonna get through this week???
Blackcat31 06:39 AM 06-23-2014
Originally Posted by KatieG:
I never know who is going to show up at what time in the morning - I open at 8:30, my 2 families arrive anytime between 8:30 & 10:45. Today, they both arrived at 8:45, neither baby had had a bottle yet this morning, both screaming hungry, both dads say "Yeah, she/he might be hungry"...so I have to make bottles for both while they're screaming, and 2yo dkb drops his sippy cup of milk from home on the floor and the lid comes off while I'm in the middle of making the bottles - gotta clean that up before it soaks into the carpet - babies have to wait longer for their bottles. Oh, and both dads also report that babies have runny noses (probably teething, they say) - now one dkb has temp of 99.5. OMG it's only 9:30 on Monday, how am I gonna get through this week???
Require scheduled drop offs and that ALL children be fed before arrival.

NOT fair of parents to not feed their child before drop off when they drop off all willy-nilly every morning.

Sorry you are dealing with that.
KatieG 06:48 AM 06-23-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Require scheduled drop offs and that ALL children be fed before arrival.

NOT fair of parents to not feed their child before drop off when they drop off all willy-nilly every morning.

Sorry you are dealing with that.
I am thinking of giving them a note this evening to that effect:

"In order to avoid a scenario like we had this morning, I must put a new policy in place. Effective immediately, all children must be fed prior to drop-off in the morning."

In the 11 years that I've been in business, I've never really dealt with anything like this. I mean, most people have to be at work at a certain time everyday. But these two families seem to have such flexible work schedules - it's almost like they just come and go whenever they please! And I don't mind the irregular schedule so much - I just work on other things around my house until they get here. But come on, FEED YOUR BABY!!! When they tell me that the baby is hungry at drop-off, I feel like asking "Have YOU had breakfast?"
Play Care 12:53 PM 06-24-2014
I am so tired of setting the kids up in one spot and constantly being asked if they can do something else.

For instance we just get outside on the playground to play and it's "can we have the bikes?" or "can we have hoola hoops" or "can we do bubbles" They refuse to be content with what they *can* do and are constantly whining about what they can't...

(and yes, we do all of those things. but I have many, legitimate reasons for why we are doing what we are doing when we are doing it. Hope that's clear )
Mister Sir Husband 06:55 PM 06-24-2014
How about the toy that no one plays with for a solid week or longer.. and then as soon as one child picks it up, everyone else has to play with it too?
Naptime yet? 10:51 AM 06-25-2014
Could someone please tell me why a 14 month old, who is still learning to walk, needs to start learning about colors
AmyKidsCo 12:52 PM 06-26-2014
My neighbor who works on cars just started up a VERY loud, VERY rough sounding car, gunned it a few minutes, then roared off. He's done it before in the morning, and the 1 yr olds are terrified of the sound... Guess who just woke up after just 45 minutes?
MsLisa 07:53 AM 06-27-2014
Gosh, I miss the chaos of doing Before & After school care. Although stressful at times, it gave me something to get out of my pjs for. Now I cannot for the life of me get another client(s). No matter how hard I advertise {without spending money I don't have}. Or how meticulous I go over my business cards, FB page & website, I'm dead in the water. Every "Duggar" mother in this area has the same idea, just add multiple kids of their own and 15+ whatever experience. It's so frustrating. I miss hearing "Ms. Lisa!!" and I miss a house full of chaos.
CraftyMom 01:35 PM 06-27-2014
At pick up today I asked a dad about the annual update packet I gave him several weeks ago. He says "Oh, does that need to be filled out?"
TwinKristi 01:44 PM 06-27-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
At pick up today I asked a dad about the annual update packet I gave him several weeks ago. He says "Oh, does that need to be filled out?"
"Oh the packet I never read that's shoved between my kids art work, some mail from last month and a couple insurance documents on the side of my desk? You mean you didn't just print out these forms for me to ignore since it pertains to the care and wellbeing of my child?"
CraftyMom 08:39 PM 06-27-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
"Oh the packet I never read that's shoved between my kids art work, some mail from last month and a couple insurance documents on the side of my desk? You mean you didn't just print out these forms for me to ignore since it pertains to the care and wellbeing of my child?"

Exactly what I wanted to say to him!
LysesKids 09:07 PM 06-27-2014
I know I need spots filled ( really hurting for $), I know it sounds good, but damn it... it's Friday night and you as a Parent, yes the one who needed care this Sunday, blew off the meet and greet set less than 24 hours ago at your request (verified 4 hrs later by email). Yeah, I have it on my website, Tue-Thu only first meetings, and only after 7pm... and yes you have my phone #.

It's a Big safety issue for me & my babies. Thank goodness I request you call within an hour before our interview to get my exact address (I give general location only when we chat)... I am sticking to my Tue-Thu meet & greet, screw blowing my night off.

BTW, This makes 5 out of the last 6 families no show/no call in less than 10 days... the one family that showed is Drop-in only
Naptime yet? 08:17 AM 06-30-2014
Why do I always feel like I'm preparing for battle? Whether it be with the kids (rarely, thankfully) or the parents, I'm feeling more & more like every little thing will be a huge issue....
AmyKidsCo 11:36 AM 06-30-2014
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! I can't catch a break today! First my next-door neighbor's LOUD lawn service came, then my kitty-corner-back neighbors had a tree service come with their LOUD machines (2+ hours and still going) and now the first neighbor has guys hammering, drilling and etc on their house. Seriously people!!!
sally 08:12 AM 07-01-2014
It's Tuesday but around here it feels like a Monday. 6 yr old dcg comes in an emotional mess crying and dad has no idea why says she woke up that way. Gave her 30 minutes to calm down, she ate breakfast then proceeded to start back up again and then vomited all over. Mom wasn't thrilled when I called for pick up. I'm so tired of this families issues.
Josiegirl 04:33 AM 07-04-2014
6 yo dcb fibs all the dang time. About stupid little things. I have told him for the past 3 years if he always fibs no one will ever EVER believe him. Well, nobody believes him and he wonders why. The other day he was telling the older kids he doesn't use a booster seat in the car anymore. Swore up and down. So when they arrived the other day, dcm took the seats out of her car and put them in her trunk. So I asked dcb about it and he just kinda smirked. It's just stupid stuff. But he lies about everysingledamnthing. And the fun part is his 3 yo sister is doing the same thing now. I come right out and tell him all the time, that I cannot believe what he says.

This summer I have 2 dcgs who I've had several years. The mom is very sweet. But to the point where she does everything for them. They want to bring stuff from home(which I do allow but that's another topic)but refuse to lug it in(or out). I asked the older dcg yesterday to please help us clean up from a painting project, she's 7, she walked into the playroom and ignored my request. Then when I went in to corral her, she gets all glum and pouty. Really???? Do you not do ANYTHING at your house? But she's the 1st kid to complain about being bored.
VTMom 04:31 AM 07-07-2014
Monday morning after a 4 day weekend. DCB 7 yr comes in declaring "I watched fireworks four days in a row!" This being a child who often goes to bed by 7:30 and is a bear and has night terrors when over-tired. Awesome. This should be fun. His 3 yr old brother comes in ten minutes later (different dads), with Mom saying "he should nap really good. He didn't really take a nap all weekend". This from a child who takes really long solid naps, is also a bear without sleep, and was really sick all last week.

Fan Freaking Tastic.
NightOwl 05:28 AM 07-07-2014
Woke up with a RAGING ear/sinus/whole right side of my head infection. Faaaannnntastic. Thank God for ******** and left over antibiotics!!
hope 12:33 PM 07-08-2014
Dd is special needs and I hire a tutor to come to my home once a week to help with her studies. This is costly and Dh and I give up a lot so that dd can have this. Unfortunately the tutor is only available during my daycare hours and every single week I have the same dcg scream the whole time the tutor is here. Dcg can be having a great day, she may even be napping, but for one reason or another she always ends up screaming. Last week I took her outside when she started up bc she was the only kid here. Her screaming was so bad that a few neighbors came out to see what was going on. I thought the police were going to be called!
daycarediva 03:29 PM 07-08-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
Woke up with a RAGING ear/sinus/whole right side of my head infection. Faaaannnntastic. Thank God for ******** and left over antibiotics!!
I want to know what was bleeped out! Lol

Hope you feel better!!
Unregistered 08:12 AM 07-09-2014
I do not work for you, I run this business! You will not waltz into my place of business and tell me how it will run, schedule wise! I am doing this because I love kids but I also love my own children and I need to be there for them too. Flexibility is key! Your schedule must fit mine! Children including babies do not act the same at daycare/school as they do at home! They WILL NOT nap the same, eat the same and act the same! Remember that!
Unregistered 08:07 PM 07-09-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I do not work for you, I run this business! You will not waltz into my place of business and tell me how it will run, schedule wise! I am doing this because I love kids but I also love my own children and I need to be there for them too. Flexibility is key! Your schedule must fit mine! Children including babies do not act the same at daycare/school as they do at home! They WILL NOT nap the same, eat the same and act the same! Remember that!
YES 100% YES I feel this way exactly! YES!
jgcp 08:29 AM 07-10-2014
DCG will not listen me!! she is 2 1/2 and smashed her banana all over the table so i asked her to put it back on her plate thats all "no" so i asked her again and got "no"! GRRR i want to scream and had to walk away. She has been like this ALL WEEK? shes been sticking her tounge out at me and rolling her eyes while saying no. told her mom and she didnt seem to care. WONDERFUL that makes my job so much easier!! hahaha. And to top it off mom sends pullups instead of diapers and they are not activly potty trianing her so WTH?? Im so annoyed right now and ready to call mom to come get her! GRRRRR ok vent over :{
KidGrind 10:39 PM 07-12-2014
I cannot sleep.

I believe teenagers have gotten into the empty town home next to me. One of my dogs was the 1st to say, “Ruff, ruff." I thought I was going crazy. Then my husband finally heard it. Eventually I put my ear to the wall and yep someone is in there having a wonderful conversation.

I call management to notify them that I believe teenagers are in the residence. They tell me to call 9-1-1.

Huh, no! I will just sit here drinking a Coke. They can deal with any clean-up.
hope 11:13 AM 07-14-2014
What a day! I just can't seem to get it together today. Ugh! Dd is in school during the summer and as I was waiting for her bus to arrive to drop her off my DS needed help in the bathroom. I went to help for two minutes and missed the bus. They don't wait more than 2 minutes and don't honk. They bussed her back to school so I had to get all the kids in the car to pick her up. I had to put in all the car seats and wake a baby up to do so. Now I am trying to make DR'S birthday dinner while kids nap. It's not going well and I spent a lot of money on it so I don't want to trash it. Can't wait for my bedtime tonight.
deliberateliterate 11:39 AM 07-14-2014
I think I've run out of f**ks to give.

You want to keep switching your PT days? Sure

Your drop off & pick up times both vary by 1.5 hours, so that I have to be ready by 730 when you sometimes don't come until 9? Whatever

Your 430 pick up is slowly inching it's way towards 5, you're my last pickup, and I can see your takeout bags in your front seat? Go right ahead.

You want to bring your kid in his pjs with a full diaper and his blankie where he breaks down every time someone goes near it? Knock your socks off

Your daughter has had double barrel nose leakage of epic proportions pretty much constantly since Jan, and when I mention possible allergies, you respond that you'll take her to the doctor "when I have a chance". No prob...I love deep cleaning my couches.

You refuse to acknowledge your kids possible speech delay, which is resulting in multiple tantrums each hour he's in my care? What the F ever.

I've completely checked out. I'm closing as soon as I can find a job. All the above, and the threat of Bill 143 over my head (in ON), and I'm 100% done. I love playing with the kids, and I looove that I've been able to be home with my kids, but stick a fork in me, I'm done.
Mister Sir Husband 11:56 AM 07-14-2014
Originally Posted by deliberateliterate:
I think I've run out of f**ks to give.

You want to keep switching your PT days? Sure

Your drop off & pick up times both vary by 1.5 hours, so that I have to be ready by 730 when you sometimes don't come until 9? Whatever

Your 430 pick up is slowly inching it's way towards 5, you're my last pickup, and I can see your takeout bags in your front seat? Go right ahead.

You want to bring your kid in his pjs with a full diaper and his blankie where he breaks down every time someone goes near it? Knock your socks off

Your daughter has had double barrel nose leakage of epic proportions pretty much constantly since Jan, and when I mention possible allergies, you respond that you'll take her to the doctor "when I have a chance". No prob...I love deep cleaning my couches.

You refuse to acknowledge your kids possible speech delay, which is resulting in multiple tantrums each hour he's in my care? What the F ever.

I've completely checked out. I'm closing as soon as I can find a job. All the above, and the threat of Bill 143 over my head (in ON), and I'm 100% done. I love playing with the kids, and I looove that I've been able to be home with my kids, but stick a fork in me, I'm done.
This could go in the "best term letter" thread.. 😏
sally 09:16 AM 07-15-2014
Dcm messages me a little bit ago, wanting me to watch her kids on Saturday because she forgot to line someone up. I stopped doing Saturdays over 6 months ago. We are taking our kids to a carnival in a town about an hour away from us, going to the parade, and that evening we have a sitter lined up for our kids because we're going to an Elvis Tribute concert with Joseph Hall. Last year we had her kids and took them and it was a disaster. I'm not doing it again. I don't remember who said in on here but I live by their saying "Poor planning on their part doesn't make for an emergency on my part". Those may not be the exact words but close enough.
LysesKids 12:06 PM 07-15-2014
Originally Posted by sally:
Dcm messages me a little bit ago, wanting me to watch her kids on Saturday because she forgot to line someone up. I stopped doing Saturdays over 6 months ago. We are taking our kids to a carnival in a town about an hour away from us, going to the parade, and that evening we have a sitter lined up for our kids because we're going to an Elvis Tribute concert with Joseph Hall. Last year we had her kids and took them and it was a disaster. I'm not doing it again. I don't remember who said in on here but I live by their saying "Poor planning on their part doesn't make for an emergency on my part". Those may not be the exact words but close enough.
This is how it's worded in my policies...
"Procrastination and disorganization on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." Parents are responsible for having a back-up plan for ANY day that childcare is unavailable including Holidays, unexpected closings & in case of illness.
Bookworm 01:43 PM 07-15-2014
I got to work around 6:40 am. There was a parent in the parking lot waiting. This is the exchange:

DCM rings bell. I answer.

DCM: I can't get in.
Me: I know, we're not open.
DCM: But you're here now.
Me: I know. I'm here to get the building ready to open. We open at 7.
DCM: Well I have to be to work at 7. Nobody told me that you opened at 7.

Side note: DCM has been coming for 3 mos. Her child is dropped of every day between 8-8:30.

Me: Yes you were told our hours. It is one of the first things new parents are told.
DCM: Well since you're here you need to take DCB.
Me: Ma'am, we open at 7. I am not allowed to accept children before then because or insurance won't allow it. I will be back to unlock the door at 7. I then walked away. I could hear her cursing me out but oh well. The kicker, my coworker pulled up about 7 mins later and told her the same thing and got cursed out as well.

This is to all DCPs. Just because we're there before opening hours, we do not have to accept your child. You know our hours and camping out 30 mins ahead of time will not get you in the door faster. You can go to Walmart/Starbucks/McDonald's BEFORE you drop your kid off.
sharlan 07:36 AM 07-17-2014
DCM told me last week that she had to be here really early today for an important appt in LA. Not happy, but ok. I get up 45 mins early, really not happy. I get a text 30 mins AFTER she was supposed to be here. Sorry, things didn't go well last night, so they canceled my appt. (She's dealing with family business in two different countries and frequently has to stay up all night to deal with it.)

I have now gone from unhappy to royally P****D! Today is beach day and I'm too tired to deal with it. Oh, well, Buttercup, suck it up and deal.
LysesKids 08:16 AM 07-17-2014
Time to start looking to replace a family. Both parents have switched jobs and hours (one was a promotion, one changed careers). They want to bitch about my updating the contract... you all switched jobs, not me (they came in on a discounted rate that they will lose if they switch hours on the contract)

They say they will go elsewhere; whatever, but don't expect too many providers to be willing to work until Midnight or on weekends when hubby has to leave town and you are on the rotation that does 2nd shift Ms thing. You bitched about finding proper daytime care when you signed on... you never considered I might say, Fine, I'll take it as your 30 day notice.

BTW, All I did was suggest they contract at the regular rate of 25 day to cover their bases and I got back, I'm not comfortable paying 2.50 hr for same hrs we have now @ 2 per hr ... look dude, you and wifey both told me there might be times I have to take little man at night... up to 6 hrs past everyone else leaving. possibly a few nights running. And weekends... don't expect drop-in to be available to you because you already try to micro manage me on the care of little man.
BumbleBee 05:23 AM 07-18-2014
ASD SA was home for a week. It's very obvious that she was allowed to get away with everything under the sun.

I'm glad it's Friday, because I'm about to strangle this one. My assistant yesterday spent 2 hrs with this kid at the summer library program. She couldn't get out of here fast enough when they got back.

I feel like I'm starting over from scratch. Stupid parents.
craftymissbeth 01:05 PM 07-18-2014
A couple of things...

My 7 yo ds fell down my stairs on Tuesday and cut his head. He did really well, but had to have 3 staples to keep it shut. He's terrified of going to sleep now because the ER doctor told me that he had a mile concussion (but that there was nothing to worry about). Apparently he had heard from wherever that if you have a concussion and go to sleep you will go into a coma and never wake up. So he's been forcing himself to stay awake until 1-2 am all week. Also, he won't shower because he's afraid it will hurt his head. He no longer smells very nice

And... I bought a microwave off of Facebook and the lady delivered it to me today. It was only $15, but it smells like a giant freaking ashtray and the idiot left SO much food on the inside of it. I tried to clean off the outside with Odoban but it still smells terrible. It's currently sitting on my front porch while I wait to see if the lady can "try to round up some money to pay you back". I want this crap gone and I want my money back.. it's disgusting and disrespectful that they had the audacity to bring that nasty thing into my home AND daycare!

That is all for now
MsLisa 10:44 AM 07-25-2014
A lady asks my license and ratio info...
Turns out, after to some internet digging, the woman who asked me about my license/ratio.... is an owner of licensed daycare 20 min away from me! Like a whole river and bridge away. What nerve! She posts on the same CL and everything. But seriously, is it really that cut throat? I mean I would never do that! I got my ducks in a row, why bother me? *sigh*
Play Care 07:09 AM 07-26-2014
I'm sick. On the weekend.
MsLisa 10:42 AM 07-28-2014
WTF more can I do???
My CL ad is the best it can get, enough to make a licensed daycare nosey.
My website is professional & up-to-date, more then I can say for anyone posting on CL who don't even have one.
I update my FB page every day, although I basically talk to myself.
Still nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. None.

I feel like just saying F-it and deleting it all. Then wait the excruciatingly long 2yrs until I have my Associates in ECE & then just go apply to a normal daycare job. It feels like forever away.

Why can't life just let me do what I love?!
preschoolteacher 12:35 PM 07-28-2014
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
WTF more can I do???
My website is professional & up-to-date, more then I can say for anyone posting on CL who don't even have one.

I feel like just saying F-it and deleting it all. Then wait the excruciatingly long 2yrs until I have my Associates in ECE & then just go apply to a normal daycare job. It feels like forever away.

Your updates to your site look SO good. I'm sure you'll get clients soon. I've found that my Facebook page doesn't help me get clients. I do get clients from Facebook by posting on other pages. There's a "my city name moms" group I belong to, and I have successfully posted openings there.

Hang in there!
DaveA 12:40 PM 07-28-2014
I get this phone call at least once a month- it still drives me nuts.

Me: Hello
Prospective Parent: Hi. Is this the home daycare?
Me: This is me.
PP: I want to talk to the person who takes care of kids.
Me: Yeah- that's me.
PP: UH.... OK. CLICK!!!!

Today added a new wrinkle--"Ok, so you run the business. Who do they let around the kids?"
Me: I do- it's a home daycare and I am the care provider.
Now disgusted PP: Oh that's just f#$%'d up. CLICK!!!

I HATE MONDAYS
hope 05:13 PM 07-28-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:

Today added a new wrinkle--"Ok, so you run the business. Who do they let around the kids?"

I HATE MONDAYS
I don't get it.....what do they get out of calling you? Seems so weird????
dave4him 05:14 PM 07-28-2014
The parents will bring him when he is sick and just tell me to leave him to rest during the day. I really hope they have no serious issues anytime soon.
LysesKids 05:51 PM 07-28-2014
about needing care, don't set up an in person interview; if you don't call for the address I know you plan to blow me off (1st interviews are 6pm or later)... it's why I ask parents to text 2-3 hrs before the meet & greet to get my address. I talked to you on the phone and we get along, that's why the dang meeting was set...

I'm so tired of trying to fill this last space ( over 3 months now)
LysesKids 06:03 PM 07-28-2014
WTF more can I do???

It takes time... especially in summer

I've been trying to fill a spot for over 3 months now... I also have a website ( I think it saves me aggravation by weeding out people that won't abide by my policies - they are all online lol), I have a FB page, I do CL... I don't post fees. I set fees similar to you, but don't list it online... If they won't meet me in person, it tells me they are just shopping for a lower rate and I don't need a family that wants to dicker over money. I want people that fit with my way of doing things... that includes organic food and being eco friendly
MsLisa 06:10 PM 07-28-2014
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
It takes time... especially in summer

I've been trying to fill a spot for over 3 months now... I also have a website ( I think it saves me aggravation by weeding out people that won't abide by my policies - they are all online lol), I have a FB page, I do CL... I don't post fees. I set fees similar to you, but don't list it online... If they won't meet me in person, it tells me they are just shopping for a lower rate and I don't need a family that wants to dicker over money. I want people that fit with my way of doing things... that includes organic food and being eco friendly
I keep telling myself that. But I can never leave well enough alone. lol.
I keep getting emails that end up being damn spam!
Mister Sir Husband 07:10 PM 07-28-2014

I HATE MONDAYS

I haven't gotten this call yet.. but an expecting it at some point..
LysesKids 07:19 PM 07-28-2014
I keep telling myself that. But I can never leave well enough alone. lol.
I keep getting emails that end up being damn spam!
It's why I don't use a CL addy; my ad makes them go to my website - you can set it up that way... specify, no Cl addy; if they actually read my website, I know by the email that the contact page sends... I avoid a lot of spam that way... and I see you can't list a webpage either on here
LysesKids 07:27 PM 07-28-2014
just had a cancellation of a family I held a spot for cancel ( for free over 2 months); start date was tomorrow... I now have no choice but to enforce holding fee due to loosing 2.5 months of income. Only time I did it, and I got burned... BIG TIME
DaveA 04:12 AM 07-29-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
I don't get it.....what do they get out of calling you? Seems so weird????
Unfortunately it's the 10-15% percent of people who have an issue with a guy taking care of children. I'd say I'm used to it, but it's still annoying.

A big part of the problem is the local R&R list has me listed as "Armour Family Child Care" (a DBA they said I needed rather than just using my name). So people calling from the list don't know it's coming. Any ad materials I put out has my name on it so to avoid confusion.

I always joke after I retire I'm writing a book on childcare called "Nothing Duct Tape and a Cattle Prod Can't Handle". I could do a couple of chapters on some of the weird, aggravating, and downright comical situations being a guy in ECE has gotten me into.
CraftyMom 07:32 AM 07-30-2014
Why do the kids need to peel the paper off of the crayons? I have 2 kids who spend all their time peeling the paper (and making a big mess, that's the issue) and hardly color! So of course the crayons get taken away from them

Ugh my vacation starts Friday and I REALLY need one! Can you tell?? Even crayons are getting to me
MsLisa 08:52 AM 07-30-2014
{This isn't directed at anyone in particular! Just a general vent}
I simply hate seeing childcare providers who whine/complain/bicker all the time about kids. Yeah, I get we all have bad days and some kids are the devil. Its ok to vent and share our frustrations, just like any job. But some are just downright negative about it all. If you don't love kids then why do it?! {Money is a bonus not a motive!}
It makes me so upset. I would kill to have ONE kids in my care right now. Its unfair.
Mister Sir Husband 09:00 AM 07-30-2014
I simply hate seeing childcare providers who whine/complain/bicker all the time about kids. Yeah, I get we all have bad days and some kids are the devil. Its ok to vent and share our frustrations, just like any job. But some are just downright negative about it all. If you don't love kids then why do it?! {Money is a bonus not a motive!}
It makes me so upset. I would kill to have ONE kids in my care right now. Its unfair.
I somewhat agree with this... I can understand the complaints on here have sometimes been really excessive about the kids behavior and such, but most of it as I see it is to get advice as to how it can be handled. I as well have no kids enrolled yet, and really would like to change this soon. some of the problems I've read about here are things that I'd gladly deal with to have the enrollment..
mrsnj 09:08 AM 07-30-2014
I HATE negotiators. This is my rate. Period. WHY do some seem to think it is ok to negotiate? Frustrates me to all high heck! No where does it say "...Or best offer". So why take away from my time..........

Mom...third year....asking AGAIN at the start of the school year for a better rate. This time she pulled. Nooooooooooooo problem. Its cool with me. I think she missed that I am fazing out my before/after. Don't want to pay my LOW before/after rate? No biggie. Go to the school and pay double. Meanwhile, I shall kick my feet up and chill as the would be bus passes by.....see ya.
MsLisa 09:23 AM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by Mister Sir Husband:
I somewhat agree with this... I can understand the complaints on here have sometimes been really excessive about the kids behavior and such, but most of it as I see it is to get advice as to how it can be handled. I as well have no kids enrolled yet, and really would like to change this soon. some of the problems I've read about here are things that I'd gladly deal with to have the enrollment..
I actually learn a ton here and its all constructive problem solving, its really the other places & groups I am a part of. I'm just like really? THAT'S your problem? I would kill to have that problem. Too many kids? Send them my way! & etc. lol.
Annalee 10:02 AM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
I HATE negotiators. This is my rate. Period. WHY do some seem to think it is ok to negotiate? Frustrates me to all high heck! No where does it say "...Or best offer". So why take away from my time..........

Mom...third year....asking AGAIN at the start of the school year for a better rate. This time she pulled. Nooooooooooooo problem. Its cool with me. I think she missed that I am fazing out my before/after. Don't want to pay my LOW before/after rate? No biggie. Go to the school and pay double. Meanwhile, I shall kick my feet up and chill as the would be bus passes by.....see ya.
I had a mom whom had 3....she had asked me multiple times before the third's birth if there would be a discount when the third one came and I always replied NO....upon the birth she gave 2 weeks notice because she saw I was serious....8 weeks later, I just took her kids back and she only gets her 3 days she works for full-time price.....she may use other 2 days with a cost and my discretion/availability for the day! Needless to say, she believes me now and come back with less than she started with along with feeling the effect of unreliable daycare for 4 weeks.
Unregistered 11:15 AM 07-30-2014
daycare mom brings a non potty trained 2 year old in underwear SERIOUSLY WTF? I think I'll go to her house tonight and pee on her carpet and she how she like it. freaking idiot he's in pull-ups or diapers until he's fully trained while at my daycare!
CraftyMom 11:44 AM 07-30-2014
daycare mom brings a non potty trained 2 year old in underwear SERIOUSLY WTF? I think I'll go to her house tonight and pee on her carpet and she how she like it. freaking idiot he's in pull-ups or diapers until he's fully trained while at my daycare!
I had a mom of a not-even-attempted-potty-training-yet 2.5 yo tell me "I'm just gonna put underwear on her and go from there" Ummmmm dcg has never so much as peed once in the potty. I just replied "At home only right?"
Play Care 01:53 PM 07-30-2014
Actually, money IS the point of working. I find the idea that child care providers should be content to be paid in hugs and kisses somewhat offensive. I love what I do and I'm very blessed to be able to do it, but if I didn't operate in the BLACK, then I would have to find work elsewhere.
LysesKids 02:32 PM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Actually, money IS the point of working. I find the idea that child care providers should be content to be paid in hugs and kisses somewhat offensive. I love what I do and I'm very blessed to be able to do it, but if I didn't operate in the BLACK, then I would have to find work elsewhere.
I'm right there with ya; I have no choice in what kind of career I have now due to a disability ( most people wouldn't hre me), however if I don't at least break even with bills, I would be on foodstamps ( I'm on the verge anyway). I've been operating with only half of my 4 spaces filled for 3 months now, and credit cards are somewhat floating me, so yes, $$ is a big thing... I also don't have a husband that brings in income, so everything is on me. I love kids and have been in the field almost 14 years
LysesKids 02:39 PM 07-30-2014
BTW, when I vent, it's about the parents, because all I have is littles under 2 years old. The parents can make or break you sometimes ... I've been in situations that I wouldn't wish on any provider, because of overly aggressive parents who need it their way or NO WAY; yep, even called the cops on 2 families (different years), because they were endagering me and my charges. And yep, both ended up in jail and care was terminated immediately
Leigh 07:29 PM 07-30-2014
Absolutely. Money IS the reason we I do it. If I didn't need the money, I'd be home with just MY kids...I only take care of strangers' kids because I have a mortgage and utility bills. Yes, I chose this career because I love kids in general and enjoy most of the time I spend with them, but I would NEVER do it for free. Money is not a bonus-it's the ONLY reason I do it.
Rockgirl 06:09 AM 07-31-2014
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Absolutely. Money IS the reason we I do it. If I didn't need the money, I'd be home with just MY kids...I only take care of strangers' kids because I have a mortgage and utility bills. Yes, I chose this career because I love kids in general and enjoy most of the time I spend with them, but I would NEVER do it for free. Money is not a bonus-it's the ONLY reason I do it.
Couldn't have said it better! My own kids are grown and out of the house now, and I'm still doing this. I still enjoy it, but if we win the lottery, I'll be generous and give everyone a two-weeks' notice!
MsLisa 08:36 AM 07-31-2014
Ya'll taken this WAY out of context....
I'm not saying to do it for free or for "hugs & kisses". Ever hear of doing what you love and you'll never work a day in your life? That's what I mean. I think doing it JUST cause it pays you or its convenient is greedy. Why do it at all?

I'm not going to college to become a daycare teacher cause of the pay, i'm doing it cause I love kids, teaching and want to give children the best there is. Whether it pays tons or pennies, for as long as I'm surrounded by kids I have all I need. When you die your not taking the money with you! But i'll be thrilled to know i made some difference in a kids life.

As for complaints, I mean the providers who gripe about kids getting dirty or making messes on water tables, or just silly stuff that kids naturally do. If kids are such an inconvenience to you then why do this? That's all I'm saying. And it wasn't even about this forum anyway. Thus rant.
Blackcat31 08:50 AM 07-31-2014
Ya'll taken this WAY out of context....
I'm not saying to do it for free or for "hugs & kisses". Ever hear of doing what you love and you'll never work a day in your life? That's what I mean. I think doing it JUST cause it pays you or its convenient is greedy. Why do it at all?

I'm not going to college to become a daycare teacher cause of the pay, i'm doing it cause I love kids, teaching and want to give children the best there is. Whether it pays tons or pennies, for as long as I'm surrounded by kids I have all I need. When you die your not taking the money with you! But i'll be thrilled to know i made some difference in a kids life.

As for complaints, I mean the providers who gripe about kids getting dirty or making messes on water tables, or just silly stuff that kids naturally do. If kids are such an inconvenience to you then why do this? That's all I'm saying. And it wasn't even about this forum anyway. Thus rant.
But that's the thing...there really is nothing wrong with doing this job FOR the money. The kids are still treated well, given the tools they need to learn and grow.

They aren't neglected simply because a provider is doing this for the money.

I think it's sad that love of children is a pre-requisite for being in this profession.

I doubt many sewer or sanitation workers are employed in that department because of their love of waste management...kwim?
Most of them are employed with the city because the money and the benefits make it worth while. Why should daycare be any different?

I AM in this for the money. I started out going to college for a degree in law. But I had a child of my own that is just like all the kids most providers vent about and no one wanted to take care of him so I had to do it and opening a child care to make money while I cared for my own child was the route I went.

I grew up with my own parents taking in foster kids. I have 5 younger siblings so caring for children has been second nature to me since I was 8 years old. I am good at it but loving other peoples kids or feeling all sunshine and rainbows when it comes to early childhood stuff isn't necessary to do this job and do it well.

I am the first to say that I do this FOR the money because I do. I make really good money being a child care provider.

It doesn't make me a bad provider.

As a matter of fact, I feel as though it makes me a good provider because I don't get lost or mixed up in the emotional part of it.

fwiw~ I did read in your post that it wasn't this board you were referring to but I did want to share another perspective with you..,,,there ARE tons of people in this field simply because they love kids and everything kind related. But there ARE lots of providers doing it simply for the money.

Like anything in life, we all have our own motivators as to why we are here.
Rockgirl 08:55 AM 07-31-2014
Yes, I've seen excessive complaining from time to time (mostly on other forums). It is nice to have a venting thread here, though. Sometimes you just need to get it out, and it's great that we can all relate. It doesn't necessarily mean we're unhappy with daycare in general--maybe just going through a rough patch. The positive thread is great, too.
MsLisa 10:24 AM 07-31-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
But that's the thing...there really is nothing wrong with doing this job FOR the money. The kids are still treated well, given the tools they need to learn and grow.

They aren't neglected simply because a provider is doing this for the money.

I think it's sad that love of children is a pre-requisite for being in this profession.

I doubt many sewer or sanitation workers are employed in that department because of their love of waste management...kwim?
Most of them are employed with the city because the money and the benefits make it worth while. Why should daycare be any different?

I AM in this for the money. I started out going to college for a degree in law. But I had a child of my own that is just like all the kids most providers vent about and no one wanted to take care of him so I had to do it and opening a child care to make money while I cared for my own child was the route I went.

I grew up with my own parents taking in foster kids. I have 5 younger siblings so caring for children has been second nature to me since I was 8 years old. I am good at it but loving other peoples kids or feeling all sunshine and rainbows when it comes to early childhood stuff isn't necessary to do this job and do it well.

I am the first to say that I do this FOR the money because I do. I make really good money being a child care provider.

It doesn't make me a bad provider.

As a matter of fact, I feel as though it makes me a good provider because I don't get lost or mixed up in the emotional part of it.

fwiw~ I did read in your post that it wasn't this board you were referring to but I did want to share another perspective with you..,,,there ARE tons of people in this field simply because they love kids and everything kind related. But there ARE lots of providers doing it simply for the money.

Like anything in life, we all have our own motivators as to why we are here.
Ugh! I don't think I'm being understood here. This isn't directed to anyone on here!! I'm talking about overall, the things I've collectively read, and over all general vent. Do it for money, do it for love of kids but dont take it for granted. That's all. Ugh! Note to self, forget venting here.
Blackcat31 10:39 AM 07-31-2014
Ugh! I don't think I'm being understood here. This isn't directed to anyone on here!! I'm talking about overall, the things I've collectively read, and over all general vent. Do it for money, do it for love of kids but dont take it for granted. That's all. Ugh! Note to self, forget venting here.
I know you meant it towards other places... I said that in my post above.

I think posters replied to you because of the statements you made and they were simply wanting to share a differing perspective.

Just because others share a differing viewpoint, doesn't mean you should refrain from venting. I don't think anyone meant any harm.

It's all good.
Rockgirl 10:54 AM 07-31-2014
I re-read the posts....I don't see where anyone said anything rude or hateful. It was pointed out that money is the reason for working in any job, including daycare providers. I definitely wouldn't make that a reason to not feel comfortable venting here. It's the venting thread, after all! I also don't care for over the top negativity....many times it's easy to tell from the title what the tone of the post will be--I just don't open them.
NightOwl 10:56 AM 07-31-2014
I TOTALLY understand your hesitation to vent MrsLisa, even in a vent thread! I'm kind of intimidated by it myself. A vent should be treated as just that, a vent. A release. An unburdening. Vent means allowing one to spew their frustrations without judgement. But sometimes, others take the opportunity to pounce.
NightOwl 10:57 AM 07-31-2014
And to be clear, I'm in it for the money. Lol. Being in love with children is the bonus for me.
Rockgirl 11:01 AM 07-31-2014
And to be clear, I'm in it for the money. Lol. Being in love with children is the bonus for me.
Ditto that!
MsLisa 12:09 PM 07-31-2014
And I totally agree with this!
I would be a liar if I said the money wasn't really nice. I enjoyed Fridays when I was hands that cash so I can spend it how I see fit. It was nice not to burden my husband with my own spending needs. But what woke me up ungodly early every day wasn't that. It was hearing a little voice say Ms Lisa, making juice together, learning his life , and giving him experiences his everyday life lacked. And I miss it terribly. It's why I am so anxious to get going again and get so frustrated seeing others take it for granted. Kwim?

I really don't mean to step on anyone's toes.
Rockgirl 12:16 PM 07-31-2014
And I totally agree with this!
I would be a liar if I said the money wasn't really nice. I enjoyed Fridays when I was hands that cash so I can spend it how I see fit. It was nice not to burden my husband with my own spending needs. But what woke me up ungodly early every day wasn't that. It was hearing a little voice say Ms Lisa, making juice together, learning his life , and giving him experiences his everyday life lacked. And I miss it terribly. It's why I am so anxious to get going again and get so frustrated seeing others take it for granted. Kwim?

I really don't mean to step on anyone's toes.
Makes total sense. I miss feeling that excitement right now, to be honest. I've had a challenging group the last couple of years, but I'm about to make some changes. I'm getting excited again, thinking about the upcoming school year. I hope you fill your spots soon--it sounds like you have a love for kids....sounds like they'd be lucky to be in your daycare.
NightOwl 12:19 PM 07-31-2014
Didn't step on mine! There ARE providers who could care less about kids and ONLY do this for the money. THOSE should not be in this business. Of course we all do it for the money, but we have a love of children that compels us to chose this profession in particular as a way of making that money. I totally get where you're coming from.
craftymissbeth 12:25 PM 07-31-2014
Didn't step on mine! There ARE providers who could care less about kids and ONLY do this for the money. THOSE should not be in this business. Of course we all do it for the money, but we have a love of children that compels us to chose this profession in particular as a way of making that money. I totally get where you're coming from.
I completely agree. I DO do this for the money because, truthfully, if I didn't need money I wouldn't work, kwim? Of all of the minimum wage options out there, this is what interests me the most. I absolutely love, love, love my dck's and I care for them like they're my little family (that thankfully gets to leave at the end of the day hehe). But at the end of the day it IS about the money...
NightOwl 12:31 PM 07-31-2014

I HATE MONDAYS
Oh I hate to hear that.... I'm gonna start a new thread on this.
Michelle 06:51 PM 07-31-2014
I TOTALLY understand your hesitation to vent MrsLisa, even in a vent thread! I'm kind of intimidated by it myself. A vent should be treated as just that, a vent. A release. An unburdening. Vent means allowing one to spew their frustrations without judgement. But sometimes, others take the opportunity to pounce.

Play Care 07:18 PM 07-31-2014
Or perhaps share a different perspective.
NightOwl 04:05 AM 08-01-2014
Or perhaps share a different perspective.
Different perspectives are always welcome in my book. Pouncing, however, is just uncalled for.
Scribbles 06:59 AM 08-01-2014
Different perspectives are always welcome in my book. Pouncing, however, is just uncalled for.
Pouncing is perspective.
NightOwl 09:24 AM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by Scribbles:
Pouncing is perspective.
And usually uncalled for.
Naptime yet? 04:59 PM 08-01-2014
I'm plum tuckered out. I seem to be experiencing a whole new level of exhaustion and what's worse, I can't seem to go to sleep.

It's a selfish vent, as my children have been wonderful.
Scribbles 08:51 AM 08-03-2014
And usually uncalled for.
..whether it's uncalled for or not is also a perspective.

I haven't been here a really long time as a registered user but I've been reading this board for years as a unregistered user and it seems to me that there are sometimes situations where there is history between certain users and that history affects their replies. Alot of times that history isn't known to others so like I said, everything is a perspective. What's the thought process or opinion of one poster isn't the same as anothers and I don't see why some users seem to think every one HAS to agree with each other.

Just like my daycare charges, not everyone has to agree or see things the same way. Conflict is good and can be a positive and educational thing if handled respectfully and in an adult manner. Once people start letting those that don't agree with them bother them, then thats where it becomes personal but not at the fault of the person disagreeing. kwim?
NightOwl 12:36 PM 08-03-2014
[quote=Scribbles;483656]..whether it's uncalled for or not is also a perspective.

I haven't been here a really long time as a registered user but I've been reading this board for years as a unregistered user and it seems to me that there are sometimes situations where there is history between certain users and that history affects their replies. Alot of times that history isn't known to others so like I said, everything is a perspective. What's the thought process or opinion of one poster isn't the same as anothers and I don't see why some users seem to think every one HAS to agree with each other.

Just like my daycare charges, not everyone has to agree or see things the same way. Conflict is good and can be a positive and educational thing if handled respectfully and in an adult manner. Once people start letting those that don't agree with them bother them, then thats where it becomes personal but not at the fault of the person disagreeing. kwim?[/QUOTE

I also, haven't been here long, just 4 months, but I see what you mean about history between members. I can usual tell if there's some animosity going on.
Michelle 10:18 PM 08-04-2014
and I can never get a break!!!
1. first off I have a daycare with 14 kids ( 9 are under 3 years old)
2. my daughter plays softball year round and I am head team mom of two teams right now that have over lapped Summer/ and Fall ball
3. she starts school in a few weeks and haven't even began to shop,look at or even think about back to school shopping
4. I have 2 college age kids that need rides daily to school/work/ Jujitsu
( they are girls and I am paranoid, so I drive them ...no bus for them)
5. I am taking care of my disabled ( mentally and physically) aunt every day because my mom is in the hospital and has been for over a month ..she usually takes care of her but it's my job now
6. my mom keeps texting me and demanding that I go to the 99 cent store and buy some sunglasses for her friends in the hospital and got mad at me because I haven't done it yet..( she says that I don't care) I tried tonight but they had the glasses put in the back warehouse so they can wax the floor
7. I can not even watch a 30 minute T.V. show at night without falling asleep ( I work 12 hours a day and then go to board meetings, practices, the store for my aunt or some other " have to go place" but never ever anything for what i need) I have a gym membership but have not gone for 2 months
8. I am solely responsible for all of my moms checking accounts, paying her bills, collecting rent from our rental, arranging repairs of all 3 houses and juggling all of my moms stuff and my dh can not remember your name if you told him 10 times in one day ( still need to get him tested)
9. I need to go to the Dr for a serious condition that is getting worse but I have no time at all
I guess I am just grateful that my kids are healthy, my moms getting the help she needs,I am grateful for good friends, a thriving business and this wonderful forum I can come to for support
but I am so seriously stressed out that I feel like I can't breathe anymore
thanks for listening

Unregistered 04:35 AM 08-05-2014
Michelle-
It looks like you are struggling big time.Just a few suggestions to alleviate your stress.
You need to ask for more help.
Your two college age girls are more than capable of finding their own transportation with either a bus,friend,taxi,walk,bike...You get my point.
Your daughter can go shopping for her own supplies,hand her a list,money and maybe have her go with a friend and another parent.
Hand jobs over to your husband and children.They are capable.
As far as your mom and aunt,if yourvmother is no longer able to care for her maybI suggestvhiring a nurse to come in and help her.I'm sure she receives resources so take advantage of them.
Honestly sounds like you need to let the softball head mom position go.It's just too much,you are going to give yourself a heart attack and then where will you be? Seriosly consider my advice,I was you atvone point and it was miserable.Hire people if you have to but I suggest deligating jobs to your family first. Don't do it another day! You need to take care of yourself first before you can take care of everyone else!
BumbleBee 05:35 AM 08-05-2014
Dcm judges other parents when they bring their slightly sick kids to daycare. (cough, clear runny nose, getting over an ear infection, etc.) She's mentioned how she thinks other parents are irresponsible when they do this. Being a parent means you have to miss work sometimes and how can a parent do that to their child.

Guess who just dropped off their infant with an ear infection (it's being treated). Her reason? "I have to go to work so I don't lose these clients."

Oh the irony. I really want to point it out to her, but I won't. Just makes me shake my head.
LysesKids 08:53 AM 08-05-2014
Michelle-
It looks like you are struggling big time.Just a few suggestions to alleviate your stress.
You need to ask for more help.
Your two college age girls are more than capable of finding their own transportation with either a bus,friend,taxi,walk,bike...You get my point.
Your daughter can go shopping for her own supplies,hand her a list,money and maybe have her go with a friend and another parent.
Hand jobs over to your husband and children.They are capable.
As far as your mom and aunt,if yourvmother is no longer able to care for her maybI suggestvhiring a nurse to come in and help her.I'm sure she receives resources so take advantage of them.
Honestly sounds like you need to let the softball head mom position go.It's just too much,you are going to give yourself a heart attack and then where will you be? Seriosly consider my advice,I was you atvone point and it was miserable.Hire people if you have to but I suggest deligating jobs to your family first. Don't do it another day! You need to take care of yourself first before you can take care of everyone else!
I started to write this earlier, then deleted thinking I was pushing it, but I guess not... I was this person many years ago. Believe me letting things go and allowing the College kids to act as the grown ups they are would be the best thing (I was that overprotective mom... my youngest daughter now refuses to come home & visit - haven't seen her in 3 years). I finally stopped being the person everyone depended on for my own sanity and I love it...
NightOwl 09:46 AM 08-05-2014
Agreed. Michelle, I'm the same way. I feel like everything is my responsibility and it can be maddening. You HAVE to delegate for your own health and sanity. What will they all do after you've have a heart attack or stroke?? Make them take responsibility and start dishing out jobs/chores/tasks. Get a calendar and post it for everyone to see. List their daily tasks and MAKE THEM STICK TO IT!
Annalee 10:05 AM 08-05-2014
Originally Posted by Michelle:
and I can never get a break!!!
1. first off I have a daycare with 14 kids ( 9 are under 3 years old)
2. my daughter plays softball year round and I am head team mom of two teams right now that have over lapped Summer/ and Fall ball
3. she starts school in a few weeks and haven't even began to shop,look at or even think about back to school shopping
4. I have 2 college age kids that need rides daily to school/work/ Jujitsu
( they are girls and I am paranoid, so I drive them ...no bus for them)
5. I am taking care of my disabled ( mentally and physically) aunt every day because my mom is in the hospital and has been for over a month ..she usually takes care of her but it's my job now
6. my mom keeps texting me and demanding that I go to the 99 cent store and buy some sunglasses for her friends in the hospital and got mad at me because I haven't done it yet..( she says that I don't care) I tried tonight but they had the glasses put in the back warehouse so they can wax the floor
7. I can not even watch a 30 minute T.V. show at night without falling asleep ( I work 12 hours a day and then go to board meetings, practices, the store for my aunt or some other " have to go place" but never ever anything for what i need) I have a gym membership but have not gone for 2 months
8. I am solely responsible for all of my moms checking accounts, paying her bills, collecting rent from our rental, arranging repairs of all 3 houses and juggling all of my moms stuff and my dh can not remember your name if you told him 10 times in one day ( still need to get him tested)
9. I need to go to the Dr for a serious condition that is getting worse but I have no time at all
I guess I am just grateful that my kids are healthy, my moms getting the help she needs,I am grateful for good friends, a thriving business and this wonderful forum I can come to for support
but I am so seriously stressed out that I feel like I can't breathe anymore
thanks for listening
Michelle, you need to take time for yourself. Just passing forward some info I hope you find helpful....these are some things I have learned the hard way. I am the kind of person who wants everyone happy and taken care of....BUT a few weeks ago, I, who has never been sick or in a hospital except to have my 2 children, got sick.....took 3 weeks of dr appointments only to be told everything could be handled if I alleviated STRESS ( my bro just got divorced, my niece/nephs are devastated/other bro has special needs kids, not to mention the normal church/family/daycare issues that takes work/time).... I have not mastered this but what I have tried to do is work with others to delegate where I could BUT alot of this is within me to say "NO"..my kids aren't even grown yet so I was scared at how bad I felt and I want my kids to have a momma! I have also picked up 30-45 minutes of walking every evening....by myself.....I am amazed at how it helps....I still have the issues in my life, but my head is a little clearer and I feel better. I DO feel for you because I know how easy it is to end up in your situation....It is easy and before you know it, your self disappears and you only exist for others....I BELIEVE firmly in helping others, but I realized I am of NO help if I am not here ALIVE! I hope this helps you and things begin to look up!
Michelle 02:51 PM 08-05-2014
Oh, wow thank you so much everyone
i really didn't realize how much it is was until I wrote it out
I know I need to cut some things back and my girls WANT to get to school themselves but I won't let them I am so scared something will happen to them

I finally got the sunglasses and I finally got a elderly transport service to come take my aunt to and from her adult " daycare" everyday, so that does elievate some of the stress
and I will take all of your advice
I know I am just at my breaking point and my 6 kids needs their mom
healthy
lots of hugs and thanks for helping
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26  ... Last
Reply Up