Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 06:53 AM 05-26-2015
I put an ad on Craigslist last week advertising my daycare. I put a few pictures up of my daycare and some had the back of kids heads and one was my nephew reading a book, but you can only see the side of his face. Not enough to identify him unless you really know him. Well I look on Craigslist today and some lady has used my pictures in several of her advertisements. WTF!!!! I emailed her an told her she needed to take down my pictures an use her own that clearly she wasn't a quality provider if she had to use other people pictures to misrepresent her daycare. I am sooo pissed off right now. I don't think there is anything I can do about it but still irks my nerves.
LysesKids 08:12 AM 05-26-2015
Originally Posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare:
I put an ad on Craigslist last week advertising my daycare. I put a few pictures up of my daycare and some had the back of kids heads and one was my nephew reading a book, but you can only see the side of his face. Not enough to identify him unless you really know him. Well I look on Craigslist today and some lady has used my pictures in several of her advertisements. WTF!!!! I emailed her an told her she needed to take down my pictures an use her own that clearly she wasn't a quality provider if she had to use other people pictures to misrepresent her daycare. I am sooo pissed off right now. I don't think there is anything I can do about it but still irks my nerves.
I had that happen... my Pics now show specific furniture or things that I know for a fact nobody else owns (one is a rare antique); you can't fudge something you clearly don't own and if "you" think you can pass my house off as your own, you have some big problems. It's just like the lady that tried to use my ad word for word a few years ago. I dislike that people are so lazy they can't think of a short ad on their own
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 08:17 AM 05-26-2015
It is so dang irritating.
spinnymarie 08:24 AM 05-26-2015
I had someone steal my craigslist ad, pictures, and my entire website.
She did take it down when I emailed, though.
Hopefully she will take it down!

Maybe a 'stamp' over pictures with your daycare name on them?

Maybe I should be doing that too.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 08:31 AM 05-26-2015
Originally Posted by spinnymarie:

That's an awesome idea. I never even thought about that.
daycarediva 09:30 AM 05-26-2015
Originally Posted by spinnymarie:

Same here. Mine took some of it down, changed the wording JUSSST enough on the rest.

I was/am soooo angry about it.
melilley 10:35 AM 05-26-2015
I had another provider take parts of my ad once too. I asked her to change her wording, and she did, but it was basically the same thing. I did report her to cl and they had me give them her id # in the post, so I'm not sure if that helped or not.
Crazy8 01:09 PM 05-26-2015
I was also going to suggest putting your daycare website address across the pictures!

I have never gotten a client off CL, usually just end up with spam emails, but I noticed EVERY time I did post on there a few weeks later other daycare posts were using my wording - like when I put "have 1 opening" in my title a week later EVERY post had "1 opening" in their title (some of which I know have never gotten off the ground and I'm sure they have more than 1 opening). When I said I was an "established home daycare" everyone suddenly became an "established home daycare". It was kind of comical.
Thriftylady 04:26 PM 05-26-2015
Which brings my question. How do you put those "stamps" across the pictures?
Febby 04:38 PM 05-26-2015
Edit them in a graphics program or through an online photo editor. Pixlr and LunaPic are both free and online, if you don't want to download anything. If you're cool with downloading something, GIMP is a free program and I know there's others (I just can't think of them right now).

From there, just add text (you can google tutorials if you can't figure it out) and then save them.
Thriftylady 04:47 PM 05-26-2015
Originally Posted by Febby:
Edit them in a graphics program or through an online photo editor. Pixlr and LunaPic are both free and online, if you don't want to download anything. If you're cool with downloading something, GIMP is a free program and I know there's others (I just can't think of them right now).

From there, just add text (you can google tutorials if you can't figure it out) and then save them.
Thank you I may look into doing this with mine after reading some of you have had issues.
daycare 04:48 PM 05-26-2015
i take pics of just hands doing activities, so I don't care if someone took mine, but i can imagine if someone did it in my own town then I would be upset about it.
jenboo 05:11 PM 05-26-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Which brings my question. How do you put those "stamps" across the pictures?
You can just import the picture into Microsoft publisher, type your daycare name or website and save as a .jpeg
It's super easy
spinnymarie 09:07 AM 05-27-2015
fotor.com can put text across it as well, its online so you don't have to download. It can fade the text too, so it doesn't ruin your photo
284878 08:24 PM 05-27-2015
You can use paint or word to watermark.

I use a colorful fun picture for my cl post. Like a bowl of fruits or a kids drawing. Then I mention that I have openings and then a link to my website and FB page. They can opt to email or text me, but mostly I get spam text and no email. I do notice that my emails go down when my CL ad expires, but when I ask how you found me. My CL ad is never mentioned (nor my flyers)
LysesKids 04:47 AM 05-28-2015
Originally Posted by 284878:
You can use paint or word to watermark.

I use a colorful fun picture for my cl post. Like a bowl of fruits or a kids drawing. Then I mention that I have openings and then a link to my website and FB page. They can opt to email or text me, but mostly I get spam text and no email. I do notice that my emails go down when my CL ad expires, but when I ask how you found me. My CL ad is never mentioned (nor my flyers)
I purposely don't allow the text or email option; sort of forces them to look at my website link if they want to contact me ( I have a contact page). My CL ad is renewed 2 times a week ( I rotate 3 different ones).
Tags:advertising
Reply Up