Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Are Your Daycare Kids Healthier Now?
Valerie928 03:27 PM 06-22-2020
Just curious. Mine are all and have been 100% healthy because of social distancing, masks, sanitizer ect. Even here in NY where things are reopening slowly and carefully, masks are still the law. How have your daycare kids been health wise. And if you can believe this NONE of my kids have had "teething or "allergies" go figure🤪. It's nice but GOOD BYE immune systems. All this sanitizer is ruining that.
Michael 08:09 PM 06-22-2020
I agree with you. Taking care of your immune system is paramount. Many of us here in California are only wearing masks if an establishment requires it. I know of no one that has had coronavirus. I am still taking the same precautions as I always have even before this virus.
Snowmom 08:22 PM 06-22-2020
Not here.

I had two out last week. Diarrhea on one, coughing for another. Another out this week with rashes.

Still have the same "allergies" excuse. Which I do not believe since these are kids who have never had the issues prior.

Still seeing families running all over town (parties, shopping, parks) and 99% don't wear PPE unless they have to (Costco).
Unregistered 09:21 PM 06-22-2020
NYC
since the quarantine started all my kids are healthy. 100% healthy.
Cat Herder 04:33 AM 06-23-2020
I have had the same thing. Not even green "allergies".

I do worry about a superbug later.
Annalee 04:41 AM 06-23-2020
I think the reason the kids are healthier in my daycare is because I told them I would send home for ANY symptom.

dcb18months always had a runny nose and miraculously in March it disappeared when I informed everyone of the "send home for symptoms" strict policy.

Sad it took this for the parents to deal with the issue. He probably only needed an allergy med but whatever it was it worked.

Yes, they are healthier....and all have stayed home for the slightest symptom. They should have been doing this anyway.
Blackcat31 06:08 AM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I think the reason the kids are healthier in my daycare is because I told them I would send home for ANY symptom.

dcb18months always had a runny nose and miraculously in March it disappeared when I informed everyone of the "send home for symptoms" strict policy.

Sad it took this for the parents to deal with the issue. He probably only needed an allergy med but whatever it was it worked.

Yes, they are healthier....and all have stayed home for the slightest symptom. They should have been doing this anyway.
I agree.... I think their improved health is due to not running all over town at all hours and actually staying home more and getting to bed earlier etc.

I have always been super strict about exclusion for ANY symptoms but still a few kids would be sick here and there and not be in attendance due to being excluded. Now they're all here every day as none are sick/excluded since they are staying home more and getting better sleep.

Like Cat Herder said, I am worried about the fall out of all this later...
Valerie928 07:19 AM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I agree.... I think their improved health is due to not running all over town at all hours and actually staying home more and getting to bed earlier etc.

I have always been super strict about exclusion for ANY symptoms but still a few kids would be sick here and there and not be in attendance due to being excluded. Now they're all here every day as none are sick/excluded since they are staying home more and getting better sleep.

Like Cat Herder said, I am worried about the fall out of all this later...
I am worried about the fallout too. Also, it took me years to build up my immune system to be able to withstand the influx of relentless germs kids have brought me over the past 20 years. What happens now?
AmyKidsCo 12:38 PM 06-23-2020
Yes! I've had a couple random cases of the pukes, but otherwise they've been more healthy overall.

I think it's because they're not being taken places and are seeing less people.
Jo123ABC 06:47 PM 06-23-2020
Mine are healthier too. I think a big help is kids not going to stores. I took my 3 year old with me one day to grab a couple of things and watched him like a hawk. There were multiple incidents of him nearly doing something he shouldn't. He almost sat on the floor in the isle. Shortly after that he wanted to rest his face/mouth on the self checkout counter. He skipped nap that day.
Tags:coronavirus - afterwards, covid-19 and daycare
Reply Up