Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Adding More Infants to My Group
CountryRoads 12:18 PM 01-21-2019
I have a DCM who is pregnant, I will have an infant spot when she needs one.

Last week, I had another DCM ask me when I will have an infant spot available since she would like to have a second baby. I will have a spot early next year (even with the other infant), however, I am not sure I want 2 more infants.

I told myself I would only take infants of current families, but adding 2 to the group I have already is quite a change. BUT...these families are great and I would hate to lose either one. Especially since they are VERY little options in our tiny town for daycare. And good luck finding infant spots!

I guess I'm just curious if anyone has been in this position before? Have you ever termed a family because you didn't want more infants?
Indoorvoice 12:30 PM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I have a DCM who is pregnant, I will have an infant spot when she needs one.

Last week, I had another DCM ask me when I will have an infant spot available since she would like to have a second baby. I will have a spot early next year (even with the other infant), however, I am not sure I want 2 more infants.

I told myself I would only take infants of current families, but adding 2 to the group I have already is quite a change. BUT...these families are great and I would hate to lose either one. Especially since they are VERY little options in our tiny town for daycare. And good luck finding infant spots!

I guess I'm just curious if anyone has been in this position before? Have you ever termed a family because you didn't want more infants?
I have once before with my SIL. My nephew was very hard and my mental health would have suffered with another one of her babies. I'm also at that point now. I have 2 infants and when these families get pregnant again I will be declining their babies...IF I even last that long.
rosieteddy 02:02 PM 01-21-2019
I always liked having two infants .Hard at first but nice as they grow to have same age.The biggest issue will be maternity leave.Will they still bring the older child?I would insist on that,
happymom 03:07 PM 01-21-2019
I wasn't termed, but my daycare provider told me they couldn't take the baby I was pregnant with until he was at least 6 months old.

Another already-enrolled mom was pregnant 1 month before me and she had committed to that baby.

I ultimately made the choice to move both my kids to a different daycare due to it.
happymom 03:20 PM 01-21-2019
The first post I ever made in this group was actually after this had happened. I came here for help with my decision.

It was a REALLY really hard decision for me. I cried. A lot. I know my daycare provider cried a lot, too.

I ended up leaving earlier than expected when the daycare I was on the wait list for had an opening came up. After that, I was much better with it.

Rip off the bandaid as quick as possible if you're going to term.
storybookending 04:24 PM 01-21-2019
I am dealing with the same thing (mine will be about 3 weeks apart, start dates next fall after I age two out to Kindergarten and all of my others will be +2) and honestly I prefer two infants at once. My current two year old were infants together (4 months apart) and I had another set of kiddos as infants together (2 months apart) although they didn’t start until the youngest was 6 months and the older one was just a temp and left after 5 months. I preferred it to the times I had just one infant as it’s an adjustment to the routine of myself and the whole group either way and two at once makes the change feel worth it to me.
ColorfulSunburst 10:33 AM 01-22-2019
we have 4 pregnant moms here. The all of them will need daycare at coming September. At that time 4 of my current kids will be under 2yo.
KayB 11:04 AM 01-22-2019
I have 4 infants now and have always had groups like that and love it because they grow up together!
My daughter also helps me with the daycare so that is a big plus in how many I can handle at one time!
Tags:infants
Reply Up