Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Didn't Keep Track In 2013
creativeducklings 12:39 PM 02-22-2014
Ok, So I started taking a child in June of 2013. I was a stay at home and they needed childcare. Eventually this brought on another family in November. I didn't even think of keeping track of receipts or bills or anything. So now I'm going back and trying to get what paperwork I do have. How do I start? I know how much I was paid, but how do I figure out like mortgage deductions or cell phone deductions? Obviously I want to get as much as I can. Or would you just claim the income and move on without trying to figure out deductions?

On a side note, this year I have kept track of everything!!!
TomCopeland 08:38 AM 02-23-2014
Originally Posted by creativeducklings:
Ok, So I started taking a child in June of 2013. I was a stay at home and they needed childcare. Eventually this brought on another family in November. I didn't even think of keeping track of receipts or bills or anything. So now I'm going back and trying to get what paperwork I do have. How do I start? I know how much I was paid, but how do I figure out like mortgage deductions or cell phone deductions? Obviously I want to get as much as I can. Or would you just claim the income and move on without trying to figure out deductions?

On a side note, this year I have kept track of everything!!!
Take pictures of everything you bought and estimate their expenses. Look at cancelled checks, credit/debit card statements. These can also be used to report mileage. You can claim a portion of your mortgage interest, utilities (ask the company for past statements), property tax, and house depreciation. Do your best on this, don't give up.
creativeducklings 09:56 AM 02-23-2014
Thanks so much!
Tags:record keeping
Reply Up