Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>UGH! Everyone's SICK!
tmcp2001 06:46 AM 08-05-2010
Here's how this week has gone:

Monday: 3 dck's were dropped off with runny noses. Mind you, NOBODY was sick last week.
Tuesday: No dck's (which NEVER happens) and my 4 kids went to gma's overnight to have a sleepover with their cousins (9 and 6) who are visiting from out of town. Had a really nice, peaceful day.
Wednesday: 4dck's, 3 with runny noses. My 4 come home at nap time, my 3yo has a 101.5 fever, everyone has a cough and they are ALL grumpy. 3yo still has fever of 102 at bedtime last night. 2yo spent most of the night coughing but has no fever.
Today: 2dcks with runny noses. 1dck calls in sick - 104 fever over night, parents bringing him to Dr. this morning. MIL calls, 9yo cousin has fever, sore throat and earache.

OH, and at 4pm yesterday I start getting a sore throat, headache, runny nose and basically feel like I've been hit by a truck. Living on sudafed, ibuprofen, claritin (because I've got allergies on top of this) and diet coke. Barely functioning. Have dck's 7:15-4:30 plus my own four. Oh, and my dog ran away when I let her out before bed last night so I spent an hour waiting for her to come back (she never does that!?!?!) and am running on 5 hours of sleep. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

IT'S SUMMER!!! I hate dealing with all these illnesses!!!

Aside from the venting, what do you all use for disinfecting? I'm a 409 girl myself for surfaces (and Lysol for my floor cleaner) but how about toys? I'm leery of bleach because of staining and health concerns. Any recommendations? I'd like to spend a good chunk of time disinfecting today and try to stop this from spreading any more!

Thanks for listening!
Michael 12:19 PM 08-05-2010
There is some good info at the bottom of the thread here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7967
Tags:bleach, disinfectants, sick
Reply Up