Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holding Spots
maelb05 08:43 AM 08-26-2019
I will have an infant opening starting in February. I have a current family who recommended me to a co worker who is due with their first child in December. They wouldn’t need care until April. I will be interviewing them in November.
With my current numbers and ages, I am thinking I don’t want to take another child until spring anyway.
Would you still charge a holding fee for February and March?
Obviously, I don’t know for sure that I will offer them the spot, since I have not met them yet and have only done pre interview questions. Just trying to decide if I would/should charge a holding fee for potential new families who want to start after February.
284878 10:30 AM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by maelb05:
I will have an infant opening starting in February. I have a current family who recommended me to a co worker who is due with their first child in December. They wouldn’t need care until April. I will be interviewing them in November.
With my current numbers and ages, I am thinking I don’t want to take another child until spring anyway.
Obviously, I don’t know for sure that I will offer them the spot, since I have not met them yet and have only done pre interview questions. Just trying to decide if I would/should charge a holding fee for potential new families who want to start after February.
Yes I would charge. Only because I have families back out at the last minute after I have turned away muplitple other potential families.
LysesKids 12:26 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by maelb05:
Your spot is open in FEB... I would charge @ least half fee to hold the the spot as I too have had families back out last minute; why should you have to lose $ because they don't want child to start @ 8 weeks Vs 16 weeks? Charging full fee isn't unheard of - you are a business & have bills just like everyone else
Cat Herder 12:40 PM 08-26-2019
I charge full rate from the very first Monday the slot is available. If they don't want to pay, I give the slot to the next family on the list.
Annalee 12:59 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I charge full rate from the very first Monday the slot is available. If they don't want to pay, I give the slot to the next family on the list.
Same here
Blackcat31 01:05 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Same here.

The only thing I am willing to hold are babies themselves.
The rest isn't MY problem.
Tags:holding spots
Reply Up